TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own both MVC And Vistana resale?

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by mintee, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mintee

mintee Guest

Hi all
    I am thinking about adding a Vistana mandatory resort- I just purchased Manor Club sequel this summer and not happy with the Interval trading- Sure, I am able to get a resort in Orlando but not much other desired locations are popping up for me even with a request first. I would love to buy points with MVC so I can trade within the MVC internal network but can not see paying $15-25ish to get in
    Thinking of adding a mandatory Vistana Resort... thinking having internal trades might work out better to get more demand location -like Cancun, Atlantis, Hawaii(considering buying Westin Kierland or Vistana Villages Key West) I am considering selling my Manor Club and just using one of those for Interval trading as a back up
    My question for any and all that this applies to- is what you see difference on Interval between the two systems with the priority factored in? Has it made a huge difference in your trading power? I could keep MVC and add Vistana- but not sure if I want to pay all those MFs
    Any advice from someone who has both?

2. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Where do you want to go to, which properties and what size units? If you are wanting to trade into Vistana, a Marriott week won't see anything that is in high demand due to the Vistana-Vistana priority block for about 3 weeks. Last couple of years I have not seen 2BR Vistana deposits other than resorts with 2BR non-lockoff units like Nanea.

I don't know anything about Manor Club but my Desert Springs Villas I red/platinum season is a fabulous trader. Locking off, I have used the studios to pick up Newport Coast and the 1BRs for 3BR Ko Olina in March - 2 B2B weeks about 7 months before. My weeks are enrolled and I intend to deposit my Grande Vista week next year into II for trading, keeping Desert Springs weeks for MVC DC use or try to rent them out..

Vistana internal system is great for no hassle booking within VSN system. I alternate my usage between VSN and trading in II.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. mintee

mintee Guest

Thanks so much for your reply!This was very helpful!

4. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    If you are restricted in the weeks or months you can vacation and/or can't travel fairly last minute- then using a Marriott trader for the more difficult resorts in prime-ish season and need to be confirmed at least 6 months out, then I don't recommend getting a marriott trader. I go back and forth but currently, I do not have one. Sometimes bargains come up and I can't seem to help myself.

Nice but fairly easy exhanges like Orlando, Vegas, Williamsburg, Branson, summer Utah, summer Aruba in a 1Br or studio, early spring in Hilton Head are slightly harder but still do able without a Marriott trader.

Difficult exchanges are more likely but still difficult and not guaranteed with a Marriott trader.

If you want an Easter week or late spring/early summer South Carolina, or want a 2 BR in Hawaii confirmed 6 months+ in advance but are pretty wide open as to the resort and the time of year, or a 2 BR in Aruba in anything other than the busiest 8 weeks of the year or a 2 br Florida Beach during the winter but do not need a specific week or two than having a Marriott trader is a real advantage.

5. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Newport Coast Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    We own both MVC and Vistana and love both of the systems. We have successfully used SO’s from owning WKV to stay at Kaanapali North, Lagunamar, St John, Harborside at Atlantis, and Desert Willow. We travel mostly in shoulder seasons due to other commitments, so the 8 month window has not been an issue.

The up front cost at WKV is higher than SVV, but I believe the MFs are a bit lower. We bought WKV because of the location as we are more likely to use it rather than a resort in Florida.

Good luck.

Best regards.

Mike

6. suzannesimon

suzannesimon TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
    I’d sell your Manor Club and buy any timeshare that rents for a lot of money over the maintenance fees. Take the rent from that and rent a timeshare to anywhere you want to go. No muss, no fuss.