• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have recent info on Bermuda?

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hubby has always wanted to see Bermuda and all I can find is St. George's in RCI and no availability. How long would I have to put a search in for to get an exchange there? Is it worth it? Are there other places you would recommend staying at there? Opinions welcomed - thanks in advance!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Are there other places you would recommend staying at there? Opinions welcomed - thanks in advance!
Would you and your husband be interested in a cruise to Bermuda? We took a nice Celebrity cruise that left from New Jersey and docked three days in Bermuda. It was great. We could come and go from the ship whenever we wanted to. My husband played golf one day and I rode along on the cart to take pictures. There was ample time for tours and beach time or whatever one wanted to do. Prior to the cruise we spent two or three nights in New York City and that was fun, too.

Reactions: GT1

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
IIRC, St. George's Club is RTU and, with the contracts expiring thru the 2020s, it is being converted to a resort/hotel type property. On top of that, it is the only timeshare in Bermuda listed in II or RCI, but I understand there are other interval ownership properties being sold now, but I think they are rental options without exchange affiliations.

From what I know, many people are now using some of the newer services to stay in Bermuda. VRBO and things like that. Karen G's suggestion is good, we've cruised to Bermuda as well as having stayed at St. George's, and we enjoyed it. However, you should ask your question at the TripAdvisor Bermuda forum. It is very active with several very knowledgeable folks who will give you expert opinions. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147255-i208-Bermuda.html

Reactions: GT1

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
virtually no chance for St G in RCI. I have been looking for the past few months for next summer/fall 2019 and nothing. We stayed there in 2015 and it was wonderful. I haven't even seen ANY deposits the past 6 months for 2019, even for off-season.
We're taking an Oceania cruise that stays in Bermuda for 4 days instead. Bermuda is a wonderful place.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just notice II has a place with Getaway inventory in Bermuda

Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa
Sandys , BERMUDA
CKB
Resort Details & Photos

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
This may have something to do with why there are no St. George's Club weeks in RCI and II:

Help!

Both members noted their growing expenses, with one saying the “Special Assessment Fee”, added up to $13,780 for a two-week stay in June.

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Cambridge Beaches, mdurette. It appears to be a very nice resort. Also, I find this disclaimer interesting: NOTE: The accommodations listed under this resort code are available for purchase through the Getaway program and generally will not be available for exchange.

We've been looking for a way back to Bermuda. Even when adding in airfare, a getaway here may be cheaper than a cruise and gives 7 days on island rather than 3. Also, that area of Bermuda is one we would like to explore.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
too bad no summer weeks. we are water people and April/Oct are too chilly.