• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone ever purchase from SumDay Vacations on eBay?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
MY negative opinions are of PCC's in general and there modus operandi. They actually do have lists of timeshares that they WILL NOT take because of their experience/difficulty getting rid of them, but they take many that they have an idea won't sell and those are the ones that they end up paying people to take on eBay where "seller" pays all closing costs plus there's a bonus $200 gift card, all taking away from their $3500 upfront fee. So, I do feel that thy provide a service, but not when it involves the Viking Ship model. Most TUGgers are oblivious and could care less what the other half of the company or relationship does and ultimately are supporting the Viking Ship/PC companies.
I see your point but taking one of these free timeshares ultimately keeps it out of the "viking" and gives the association maintenance fees and no legal fees. Either way they will figure out a way to stay in business.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Cindy, that must be frustrating for you, as well as annoying. I know you've been a fan of the company in the past. Have you tried contacting Jeff to ask if he can expedite things, or maybe compensate you in some way? When I bought a week from them last year, the whole thing was done in about six weeks, easy breezy.

Dave

I did as you advised and emailed Jeff. His assistant emailed today:

As for the use stated in the ad. When we state in our ad that we do not guarantee use, this is specific to "free" use as this is considered a bonus. We do this in case the transfer does not take place in time for the use or the resort has some sort of policy against it, etc.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

As for the use stated in the ad. When we state in our ad that we do not guarantee use, this is specific to "free" use as this is considered a bonus. We do this in case the transfer does not take place in time for the use or the resort has some sort of policy against it, etc.
When was the week suppose to be available for use? Did you close after the date of the free use week? If so how long did the closing take?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

So they cover their butt so they can drag their feet.:rolleyes:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So they cover their butt so they can drag their feet.
Possibly more like they drag their feet, so they can cover their butt? That is why I asked Cindy timeline. Just want us to all know what happened so it doesn’t happen to us.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It is possible, of course, that someone already used that free use and they are waiting to complete the transfer to make sure the use is covered up? Just a possibility. They shouldn't advertise any kind of free usage if they don't guaranty it. This will make me avoid Sumday for any listings that indicate free usage. Certain weeks need to be sold with free usage because there is no other value. The value is in the free usage.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
When was the week suppose to be available for use? Did you close after the date of the free use week? If so how long did the closing take?
No. The closing happened before the use was supposed to be. This particular week closed in September, and I could deposit the unused week until the end of the use year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So they cover their butt so they can drag their feet.:rolleyes:
It's partly this. I also think they are just plain misleading people in the ads. I believe it's unwise to advertise free use and have no clue if there is free use.

But I have to assume it's partly an issue with Vistana. I don't think they will let me have use because the former owner had Staroptions left for the season, and they have a policy of not letting a new owner use anything with SO's. It didn't used to be that way, but maybe something changed. That is something I am assuming. When fees for the current year are paid in full by the former owner, the former owner needs to use them and not the new owner. I have to believe Vistana is just plain being stinky about it.

I made Sumday aware that I think this is the case, which partly excuses them, but not really. It's not like anyone could EVER use the SO's during transfer. This is something Sumday should know.

I am not happy. One of the firefighters Rick and I know well bought two weeks from them, as I instructed them to do. I cannot help but be grateful his closings went as they should.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No. The closing happened before the use was supposed to be. This particular week closed in September, and I could deposit the unused week until the end of the use year.
I would still be a noisy wheel. If the estoppel showed it, it was advertised ,it closed in time and then it was gone, just not right. Yes they covered their butt in the contract but misleading to you the consumer. No one should advertise free use if they can't guarantee it if it closes in time.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would still be a noisy wheel. If the estoppel showed it, it was advertised ,it closed in time and then it was gone, just not right. Yes they covered their butt in the contract but misleading to you the consumer. No one should advertise free use if they can't guarantee it if it closes in time.
The estoppel did show use.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Certain weeks need to be sold with free usage because there is no other value. The value is in the free usage.

I dont agree with this at all, I would never put myself on the hook for future maint fees or having to dump a contract just to get one free use. Free use is gravy for something that is worth owning. If its not worth owning you could throw in all the free weeks you want but I wouldn’t want to take ownership of a dog week.

Why is this in HGVC when its a Vistana contract and the free week was booked with SOs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Why is this in HGVC when its a Vistana contract and the free week was booked with SOs?

I actually have been wondering the same thing. I think the OP started with a simple question. I think the OP had previously asked some informational questions in the HGVC forum. Anyway, I will be happy to move it but I didn't know which one was appropriate.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I actually have been wondering the same thing. I think the OP started with a simple question. I think the OP had previously asked some informational questions in the HGVC forum. Anyway, I will be happy to move it but I didn't know which one was appropriate.
The OP was not Cindy. Cindy tagged on to an existing thread about Sumday with the issues she is experiencing. It just happened to be that the thread was in the HGVC forum. The whole thing really could be moved to Buying, Selling and Renting forum.