TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone been to The Houses at Summer Bay?

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Panina, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    For my daughters spring break I just traded using my hgvc points into The Houses at Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
    Resort ID: 6884

Even with the RCI trade fee it seems worth it as it is many less points then going to a 3 br hgvc resort within their system.

Anyone been to this place? I am hoping it is almost as good as a hgvc Orlando property.

wackymother likes this.
  2. jancpa

jancpa TUG Member

Two master bedrooms, third bedroom has twin beds. Garage, private pool (some with jaccuzzi).
    You will have a great time!

Panina likes this.
  3. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East
    My sister, mother and I stayed there a few years ago. Very nice, lots of room and your own pool too!
    Silentg

Panina likes this.
  4. Nancy

Nancy TUG Member

My favorite timeshare

Panina likes this.
  5. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Thanks, I was a little nervous as I could have gone with a sure great resort in HGVC. With my daughter always wanting to bring a friend I was pulled in by the size and of course cheaper points required. Now I’m looking forward to going.

mpumilia and silentg like this.
  6. Dori

Dori TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We have been fortunate to stay in The Houses of Summer Bay on several occasions over the years. Out of 100-plus exchanges through RCI, The Houses remain our very favourite! You will totally enjoy this exchange!

Dori

wackymother and Panina like this.
  7. icydog

icydog TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Best Timeshare EVER. Two complete master suites and then a third bedroom with bunk beds The pool is to die for and it has a Jacuzzi built in. The place is not a timeshare per se, it is a complete, full sized, house with a garage. We loved it there and were very sorry when our week ended. I just wish it were any place but Orlando since I own so many Orlando timeshares. But you and your family will LOVE it.

Panina likes this.
  8. coachBoris

coachBoris TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sea World
    Hilton Grand Vacations Club Boulevard
    Marriott Aruba Surf Club
    We loved it there. The house is laid out very nicely and plenty of room. The pool, hot tub(some houses) and grill are screened in so no bugs. Nice having your own driveway and garage as well.

Panina likes this.
  9. carl2591

carl2591 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We stay at the resort some years ago, pre sink hole taking out the building, and did a quick look in on the houses.. real nice.. you will like this better than HGVC as i understand they now have a $175 per week activities fee.. (what a crock of crap) guess I will NEVER stay at HGVC ever again.

enjoy the houses at Summers Bay.. and be ready for traffic.. that end of 192 has changed a LOT since we stayed out there in 2010ish

Panina likes this.
  10. Dori

Dori TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

One great plus for Summer Bay, is that you can walk to Publix! It is a great grocery store, and right next door to the resort. Walmart is just around the corner on Hwy 27.

Dori

Panina likes this.
  11. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

I know I would love to go there!

12. CBA Gma

CBA Gma TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Peppertree at Tamarack, purchasing at Eagles next at Breezy Point
    The resort also offers free shuttles to the Major Theme Parks

Panina likes this.