• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any W57 owner in NYC and can invite to me to the owners lounge

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I will be staying July 12 to 21. Any W57th owner there that week? Can you invite me to the lounge?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would gladly do so. But. alas, we are not there until late August/early September.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last call, anyone who is a W57th owner going to be there anytime over the next 9 days. Would love to see if the lounge experience is at all worth it.

TIA

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Would be happy to host but unfortunately we wont be there until fall.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I (new W57 owner) will also be there in the fall and would host, but have stayed there many times without lounge access. You will have more time to explore NYC without the lounge. I found myself trying out new breakfast/brunch restaurants since I had to go out, and I spent less time talking to people, ha ha. There are advantages both ways! Enjoy your visit! Will you be seeing shows? I stayed at W57 four times this year and saw 24 shows, I think. I stopped counting :whooopie:.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the OP, how was NYC/W57 during tonight's blackout?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I (new W57 owner) will also be there in the fall and would host, but have stayed there many times without lounge access. You will have more time to explore NYC without the lounge. I found myself trying out new breakfast/brunch restaurants since I had to go out, and I spent less time talking to people, ha ha. There are advantages both ways! Enjoy your visit! Will you be seeing shows? I stayed at W57 four times this year and saw 24 shows, I think. I stopped counting :whooopie:.
Congratulations on your purchase! I hope to be able to catch up with you in the coming year.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations on your purchase! I hope to be able to catch up with you in the coming year.

Pat! I would definitely *love* to catch up with you in NY, Maui, or anywhere our timeshare travels take us. My NY timeshare obsession is, in part, all thanks to you :hi:.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Pat! I would definitely *love* to catch up with you in NY, Maui, or anywhere our timeshare travels take us. My NY timeshare obsession is, in part, all thanks to you :hi:.
LOL. Very funny!
Now that both my children are no longer living in Manhattan and my husband is retired I don’t go as often. But I am happy to hear you finally own your own piece of paradise.

Edit. My friend was at the Jennifer Lopez at MSG when the lights went out. Had to walk down a lot of steps. And then the electronic hotel door keys didn’t work. I am sure it was quite an adventure

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the OP, how was NYC/W57 during tonight's blackout?

66689087_10157370951272760_7354694721995800576_n.jpg

This is look across 56th Street from 6th Avenue. Just after sunset. On some streets you could literally see almost nothing.There were about 10 people walking down the middle of the street in this picture.

Blackout was interesting to say the least. I was so tired when I finally got back up to my room, and then I had a busy day planned, I am just now getting to this post.

I was waiting in line for our broadway show to start. A lot of theaters were out, since the blackout covered most of midtown and the upper west side, but NOT east, and the upper East side.

It was strange to see NYC so dark, I could even see stars (ok perhaps it was a planet) from the owners lounge. The opened up the lounge and let us hang out for those not intrepid or with good enough knees to climb stairs.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prophecies of Billy Joel...

Cheers.

well he was referring to total decline and destruction of the city, not just your average blackout. LOL

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My niece and I on a previous 7 night stay, stay 11 shows in that time period.

For some reason there were 3 matinees that week and 1 off broadway (Drunk Shakespeare, which is fun if you like Bill).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
well he was referring to total decline and destruction of the city, not just your average blackout. LOL

Oh yes, I know the song well. Particularly poignant when he played it at the Concert for New York in 2001. Having lived through my share of big blackouts in NYC, it seemed fitting in a lighthearted way. Certainly no real parallels intended...maybe "shades" would have been more fitting :)

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Deja Vu? I happened to catch the Friday night episode of Blue Bloods and it featured a NYC blackout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Sandy VDH Glad they opened up the lounge to guests and you finally got to see it - albeit they probably weren't serving food without electricity. The staff at W57 is terrific and very customer focused.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went to sales call. Rep looked at my account. Noted that I got elite via resale, have owned for over 23 years, said they were short staffed today, and didnt want to waste either one of our times (especially his, "this is my living" ).

I am waiting to get signed off and gone. Been here 15 mins. That was the shortest time for me ever.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went to sales call. Rep looked at my account. Noted that I got elite via resale, have owned for over 23 years, said they were short staffed today, and didnt want to waste either one of our times (especially his, "this is my living" ).

I am waiting to get signed off and gone. Been here 15 mins. That was the shortest time for me ever.

What did you get for your 15 minutes of time?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update on how it went during the blackout. Also glad you got to see the lounge. What show were you standing in line to see?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow! That must be a record here on TUG! How are you? We should catch up :)

Hi Lisa! Some of the shows were Studio 54 late night cabaret-type (love that place), perfect for my timezone since I can't go to sleep at a regular time in NY anyway. And I got lucky one trip and there was a Monday matinee (super rare, and it was To Kill A Mockingbird, which is great) and also an evening show. I'd love to catch up. I can attribute a good part of my timeshare obsession to you, too :whooopie:! Maybe it's TUG, ya think :cheer:!?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi Lisa! Some of the shows were Studio 54 late night cabaret-type (love that place), perfect for my timezone since I can't go to sleep at a regular time in NY anyway. And I got lucky one trip and there was a Monday matinee (super rare, and it was To Kill A Mockingbird, which is great) and also an evening show. I'd love to catch up. I can attribute a good part of my timeshare obsession to you, too :whooopie:! Maybe it's TUG, ya think :cheer:!?

Haha! I believe we used to fuel each other's obsession on timeshare, but I am trying to downsize as much as I can these days...

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What did you get for your 15 minutes of time?

I took the $200 in Elevated dollars.

I have seen Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, Pretty Woman and Tootsie. Pretty Woman was the blackout cancelled show, I went back the next day and got nearly the same ticket.

I have just come for basically a theater week.

I did walk the High Line today, that was nice.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did walk the High Line today, that was nice.

This is one of our eveery (or almost every) trip activities. And we go to NYC 2-3 times a year :)

At the southern end of the High Line is a restaurant with a counter for Ample Hills Ice Cream (headquartered in Brooklyn). Among the best I've had, and definitely a reward for the walk.

Cheers.