TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Any tequila aficionados out there?

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by mikenk, Oct 30, 2018.

1. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    Over my many years going to Mexico, I have enjoyed many, many margaritas. To Kill time while my wife was flea market negotiating, I started doing tequila tasting in the little shops - first out of curiosity, but then, I started to appreciate there are some excellent sipping tequilas - many of which are almost impossible to find in the USA. I find it great fun to seek them out and generally bring 1 or 2 bottles home and enjoy them over ice.

Are there others out there that enjoy sipping tequilas? Any recommendations as to where to shop and taste - particularly in the Nuevo / Puerto Vallarta area? Any favorite tequilas?

My favorite is Adictivo Anejo or Extra Anejo.

Thanks for any info.
    Mike

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Fredflintstone and Eric B like this.
  2. sts1732

sts1732 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sunset Harbor Key, west
    Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
    My wife also seeks out the different tequilas as we travel. She found one in Sedona at a importers, Dos Artes reserve especial 100% agave extra anejo. She claims to be extra smooth, and likens it to her 20 yr. scotch. Comes in a one of a kind hand painted bottle/numbered, and they ship. So you can see my predicament...;)

dmurray007 and Fredflintstone like this.
  3. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We travel to MB,SC to purchase Costco premium tequila.

dayooper, pittle and Fredflintstone like this.
  4. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    I heard the Kirkland (Costco) Anejo is quite good for the price; I would like to try it; unfortunately, it is not available in Texas - nor can we have spirits shipped to us in the states.

I do like that the little tequila shops in Mexico have a lot of nice tequilas to try before buying.

Fredflintstone likes this.
  5. pedro47

Milenk, how far are you from a Costco California store that sell liquor?
    Maybe, a weekend trip to California, you can purchase some Kirkland Premium Tequila, or Kirkland Premium Vodka and they also have excellent deals on the various brands of Crown Royal, plus, Johnny Walkers red, black blue scotch brands labels.

Also,We will stop up on Costco egg nog brand on our trip to OceanWatch in November.
    Their egg nog is the best.

6. Fredflintstone

Fredflintstone TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Rent only
    I love tequila! And PV is sure a great place to try many kinds. You just got to watch the tequila shops disguised as timeshare presentation centres.

Extra old tequila for is my best friend. Anything smooth like water as it goes down with no burn is a ok. I like so many brands. There are too many to mention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

Hacienda San Sebastian (reposada) just over the bridge toward San Sebastian is one of my favorites.

8. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    We like Clase Azul Anejo. It comes in a white and blue porcelain bottle. The Silver comes in a clear hand blown glass bottle. We sip it straight up like a good Whiskey. Very occasionally you can find it at Costco. A few years ago we got a 1.750 bottle in Las Vegas for only $150.00 at Costco.

9. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    If you venture to Louisiana, they sell it at Costco there. Very reasonable and great product.

When I was last in Cancun area, they have a lot of local Tequila at the Duty free and they provides samples. I purchased a Chile Caliente. It is not chile flavored but rather comes in a bottle shaped like a Chile.

My tequila purchase at home is usually Herradura Anejo.

Check out https://www.tequilamatchmaker.com/

pedro47 and mikenk like this.
  10. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    The Costco Anejo Tequila reminds me a lot of Patron Anejo, but a whole lot less money. It’s not the really good stuff you get in Mexico, but for the price, the Kirkland is outstanding.

11. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    Thanks for this link - quite informative.

I would like to try the Costco brand - but not really up for travel to get it and doubt it is good enough to justify the travel cost.

So far, my only experience in tasting is the Tequila Pharmacy in Bucerias. While I have been impressed by the quality of what they offer, I really want to branch out to other stores within the region.

Sandy VDH likes this.
  12. pedro47

Thanks...Sandy VDH, take is a very nice link.

13. pedro47

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree with your taste buds. The Costco Anejo Tequila is so much cheaper and is still good.

14. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Recent houseguests brought us a bottle of Don Julio 1942 ($125/bottle, I believe). It's the smoothest sipping tequila I have ever had, and I have had several good ones...though I never ventured into this price range.

For what it's worth, if you did not know so already...when sipping mescal, Mexicans do so with a wedge of orange, not lemon and salt as many do with tequila...at least they did so in our favorite hangout in Merida. I found mescal to be much nicer than I had anticipated.

15. midnight1

midnight1 TUG Member

try Don Julio 70 - less expensive than 1942 (which i have had and is very good - bought my wife a bottle for her birthday and then ended up buying a "case" since was cheaper per bottle that way).....Don Julio 70 is a clear anejo and also very smooth

in san jose del cabo or cabo buy Don Malaquias anejo....don't think you can buy that anywhere else but it is very smooth - he also has a lot of different flavored tequila's that are good

in cozumel i liked Los Tres Tonos anejo