• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any recent experience renting weeks on redweek?

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't used redweek for quite a while but I find myself having to cancel some holidays. Do people still have success renting there. TIA

IdahoSuz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm Springs Tennis Club (3)
HiltonLake Tahoe Vacation Resort
I rented out one of my weeks at Palm Springs Tennis Club last year on Redweek and all went well.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek still works for me. I rented out two of my Maui timeshares (February weeks) just this month.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
High end weeks and prime locations tend to rent very easily. I only have experience with Marriott weeks so can't speak for others, but my weeks always rent through Redweek.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Not a good success with Redweek recently. I have Harborside at Atlantis Christmas week for rent, it's been on Redweek for almost a year. I paid extra for their "Verified and Protected". It is a high end prime week. Priced right, just slightly above maintenance fees. I had ZERO inquires. Maybe it's just a strange year, I don't know. But it doesn't instill confidence in Redweek.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I love Redweek. I rent a lot through that site. I have an ad for Peacock Suites and rent for my cost, and I rent into next year's points easily. That way, I can keep the Shell points and not lose the money I pay in MF's. It's a win for me.

I also rented my Old Key West points through RW and Dolphin's Cove, too. I even rented Hono Koa this next year. That has not been a success lately, and here I rented it easily. I was super happy to get that extra week rented. Next year, we go our full 3 weeks.

My Val Chatelle ski weeks are not renting, however. I do not know why. Craig's List works for that. Still love Craig's List, and it's free!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Not a good success with Redweek recently. I have Harborside at Atlantis Christmas week for rent, it's been on Redweek for almost a year. I paid extra for their "Verified and Protected". It is a high end prime week. Priced right, just slightly above maintenance fees. I had ZERO inquires. Maybe it's just a strange year, I don't know. But it doesn't instill confidence in Redweek.
Try Craig's List. I wouldn't know what area to do the search, but you could definitely get some inquiries that way. You need pictures, and preferably make the first picture the one that is recognizable as Harborside because that will show on the thumbnail listings, which most people tend to look at. Be sure to refresh every few days. You just go in and choose renew and the listing goes to the top of the heap.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Redweek works the best for me, and since you have to registed and have a paid membership to contact owners, it eliminates most of the scammers and screwballs. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure you thorougly review the Comps to set your pricing.

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
I had zero luck renting out my units on Redweek (Maui & Cancun during prime weeks and keeping my price low, in the bottom 25%). I switched to VRBO and it was a lot of work setting up, but so far every rental week has been booked pretty far in advance, even with a no cancellation policy.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had zero luck renting out my units on Redweek (Maui & Cancun during prime weeks and keeping my price low, in the bottom 25%). I switched to VRBO and it was a lot of work setting up, but so far every rental week has been booked pretty far in advance, even with a no cancellation policy.
VRBO has really been negative toward timeshare in recent years. I am so disappointed that they have changed, and now they want something like 6% for credit card payments, which eats into the profit. Not impressed.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Redweek works the best for me, and since you have to registed and have a paid membership to contact owners, it eliminates most of the scammers and screwballs. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure you thorougly review the Comps to set your pricing.
Agreed. The Redweek full service rental option takes away the hassle of managing the process beginning to end. My time is worth more than the $180 I pay for each completed rental on Redweek. Key is always competitive pricing and a high demand resort if you want a successful rental. In 2019 I rented 8 of 10 weeks (turned one reasonable offer down which looking back was a mistake on my part and unsuccessfully tried to rent a Marriott Oceana Palms holding point reservation which could only be posted for 50 days on the other). For 2020 10 of my 20 postings are rented and confident the others which are all priced at the lowest or tied with the lowest posting will rent well. I've turned down multiple low ball offers.

Thank you Redweek!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. I have some worldmark weeks booked for myself and my sister and instead we are going to do an alaskan cruise. I won't be able to use all of the points if I just cancel them without doing something silly like a high points reservation. No idea if I can even do Craig's list as a Canadian. I know I can't airbnb anything in the states without setting up some tax form that the US needs but airbnb works very well for my Banff summer week. Thanks sounds like I may have to pay to try redweek again.
Joan

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. I have some worldmark weeks booked for myself and my sister and instead we are going to do an alaskan cruise. I won't be able to use all of the points if I just cancel them without doing something silly like a high points reservation. No idea if I can even do Craig's list as a Canadian. I know I can't airbnb anything in the states without setting up some tax form that the US needs but airbnb works very well for my Banff summer week. Thanks sounds like I may have to pay to try redweek again.
Joan

Would you consider cancelling the reservations and renting out your worldmark points? You can transfer them to another owner easily. While you might get more for a reservation, renting put the points is easier/faster, and won't incur any fees.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel

I think some people aren’t quite sure yet which Islands in the Bahamas were actually hit by the hurricane (Atlantis was not effected).

Also, if you try Craigslist, try posting in East Coast cities that have non-stop flights to Nassau (like NYC, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boston, Wash DC, etc).

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Prompted by this thread...
On October 31 I listed 6 weeks for rent. On 11/4 I got one inquiry but the dates changed.
On 11/9 I rented Westin St John presidents week
On 11/10 I rented Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks spring break
On 11/11 I rented Morritts Tortuga spring break.
Still have two spring break OP units but I am confident they will rent.

Redweek is still working for me.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Just rented a Jan reservation via RedWeek. Love the new text notification because I am rarely near my computer.
Have 2 more to go which I believe will eventually rent in the next month or early January for Spring Training and Spring Break.

jsfletch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't used redweek for quite a while but I find myself having to cancel some holidays. Do people still have success renting there. TIA
Amazing you brought this up. I have been using redweek for the past 15yrs to rent my HGVC timeshare. This past week I receive an email from their rental dept. They have rented one of my units and I’m to immediately change the reservation to their renter. They have never done this in the past. Also, as an owner they never made me aware that they had a rental dept. and how it was to operate.
I will then receive my money when the guest checks in. Which in my case is over six months away. I’m very uncomfortable letting Redweek have unfettered use of my money for this extended period of time.
I have always used Redweek rental agreement and the use of First American Title for escrow services. It has always worked well for me. I know others on this forum use their own methods and disagree on the use of an escrow service.

Has anyone used Redweeks new rental service and what are your thoughts?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think some people aren’t quite sure yet which Islands in the Bahamas were actually hit by the hurricane (Atlantis was not effected).

Also, if you try Craigslist, try posting in East Coast cities that have non-stop flights to Nassau (like NYC, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boston, Wash DC, etc).

I agree that there is probably a general aversion to the Caribbean because of the hurricane.

I don't understand the logic behind posting in cities other than the destination (never mind that Craig's List prohibits it). Craig's List isn't like a newspaper. I live near Washington, DC. Why would I look at Washington, DC listings if I want to go to Nassau?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Amazing you brought this up. I have been using redweek for the past 15yrs to rent my HGVC timeshare. This past week I receive an email from their rental dept. They have rented one of my units and I’m to immediately change the reservation to their renter. They have never done this in the past. Also, as an owner they never made me aware that they had a rental dept. and how it was to operate.
I will then receive my money when the guest checks in. Which in my case is over six months away. I’m very uncomfortable letting Redweek have unfettered use of my money for this extended period of time.
I have always used Redweek rental agreement and the use of First American Title for escrow services. It has always worked well for me. I know others on this forum use their own methods and disagree on the use of an escrow service.

It sounds As if you chose the “Full Service” option. I know there are several choices. I do everything myself so choose option one.

I don’t want them holding my money and also allowing guests to cancel.

I think you would have usually used the second option but instead chose the third
https://www.redweek.com/rent-my-timeshare

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club

If you use full Service or have them handle the contract, they will hold the $$$ until X date. I know if you just use RedWeek for posting, you handle the entire process.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing you brought this up. I have been using redweek for the past 15yrs to rent my HGVC timeshare. This past week I receive an email from their rental dept. They have rented one of my units and I’m to immediately change the reservation to their renter. They have never done this in the past. Also, as an owner they never made me aware that they had a rental dept. and how it was to operate...

If you didn't sign up for a Full Service Rental on your week (which costs $79.99/$59.99 on sale plus another $99 when they find a renter vs. the normal do-it-yourself rental cost of $29.99), someone is trying to scam you. If somehow you signed up for a full service rental by accident, then yes, you don't get paid until after the guest checks in. Here is their policy.

How will I be paid?

RedWeek processes your renter's payment as soon as you accept the offer. The funds will be disbursed to you within two business days after the check-in date, barring any material disputes, as outlined in the rental agreement.

Can the renter cancel and get a refund?
Unless otherwise specified in the posting, the default cancellation policy is as follows: If Renter cancels at least 60 days prior to check-in, 50% of the total rental amount will be paid to the owner as a cancellation penalty, less agreed-upon fees. For cancellations less than 60 days prior to check-in, the penalty is 100% less fees.

IndianaTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday
Since 1982
Just rented a Jan reservation via RedWeek. Love the new text notification because I am rarely near my computer.
Have 2 more to go which I believe will eventually rent in the next month or early January for Spring Training and Spring Break.
Did you get the full service? I am thinking of doing that, but also advertising my Easter week in Mexico
Reservation on Tug. I don’t know if Red Week allows cross advertising. I am new at renting out my weeks. Thank you.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I used Do it Yourself Verified and Protected as well as Full.

And I do cross post so it isn’t an issue.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I listed by Harborside Christmas week on Redweek below cost, still not rented. I can't believe it.