• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any other Wyndham/II traders hanging out here?

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep wondering what it will be like to be the last Wyndham owner trading through II. I believe I got a (bad) taste of it yesterday.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I keep wondering what it will be like to be the last Wyndham owner trading through II. I believe I got a (bad) taste of it yesterday.

You're teasing us!! Don't hide the ball! Tell us about it!

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not make II deposits from the Wyndham website. I believe this first happened in 2017. In 2017 I phoned and was able to make three deposits through the phone rep at no cost since we get one free transaction per year. This time I ended up calling yesterday about 1/2 dozen times. Each time I got someone who did not know how to make deposits for II trading. They all put me on hold while they were supposedly "trained" in how to do this. Most of them ended up giving me instructions of which I was skeptical and did not follow. A couple of them insisted that I had to first make reservations at Wyndham resorts to trade with II. This would have been a major change in Wyndham/II trading. The website said that I couldn't make any deposits since my deposit window was Jan. 1 through Mar. 31. I asked another rep about this and was told that that was for another trading company but that I could not use any deposits until nine months from the deposit date. I finally got in touch with one rep who, after his "training" while I was on hold, seemed to know what he was talking about. He claimed that he would have to send three emails detailing my requests to another Wyndham office that I could not talk to directly. That office supposedly will make my requested deposits and get back to me in a few days. To make it even worse while making multiple deposits on the same day in the past would be cost free since we get one free transaction per year, each deposit would now be a separate email and I would have to pay a transaction fee for two of them. The rep said that he hoped that eventually Wyndham would set up a procedure for depositing points for II trading online. I have my doubts about ever seeing that since there are so few of us.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Choice #1: I guess the powers to be would rather funnel membership fees to RCI over II.

Or
Choice #2: I guess the computer systems brains can't figure out how to create a computer interface to the II trading system for the call center. ... Or at least one that works?

Or
Choice #3: I guess Wyndham new "reservation system design" group decided II was NOT a function still needed ... and thus, computer systems management bosses could financed their (now bigger & better) Winter Season Bash (the offshore Xmas party) using the money by NOT spent on the II interface code.

My bet: #3

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I could not make II deposits from the Wyndham website. I believe this first happened in 2017. In 2017 I phoned and was able to make three deposits through the phone rep at no cost since we get one free transaction per year. This time I ended up calling yesterday about 1/2 dozen times. Each time I got someone who did not know how to make deposits for II trading. They all put me on hold while they were supposedly "trained" in how to do this. Most of them ended up giving me instructions of which I was skeptical and did not follow. A couple of them insisted that I had to first make reservations at Wyndham resorts to trade with II. This would have been a major change in Wyndham/II trading. The website said that I couldn't make any deposits since my deposit window was Jan. 1 through Mar. 31. I asked another rep about this and was told that that was for another trading company but that I could not use any deposits until nine months from the deposit date. I finally got in touch with one rep who, after his "training" while I was on hold, seemed to know what he was talking about. He claimed that he would have to send three emails detailing my requests to another Wyndham office that I could not talk to directly. That office supposedly will make my requested deposits and get back to me in a few days. To make it even worse while making multiple deposits on the same day in the past would be cost free since we get one free transaction per year, each deposit would now be a separate email and I would have to pay a transaction fee for two of them. The rep said that he hoped that eventually Wyndham would set up a procedure for depositing points for II trading online. I have my doubts about ever seeing that since there are so few of us.
I am still hanging in there my friend. However I have not tried to deposit since the new system was implimented.
I did find out that we can not do a unit size upgrade as other II members can by paying the $99 fee so instead of depositing 2 1BRs and 1 2BR I will now do 2 2BRs and 1 studio. Because I can’t upgrade from a one bedroom to s two bedroom at all. Just not available to us.

I do know that since the change all Wyndham owners have to pay for every transaction rather then do a bunch of transactions for one transaction fee. So when I deposit in II I will have to Use two transactions and one extra fee.

Sometime in the next month I will be doing an II deposit. At this point I can’t even remember the Wyndham new website address! I did register on the new site just don’t remember where (embarrass) I will let you know how I make out. But it seems it will need to be esculated to a supervisor to get it done.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so..... procrastinator that I am I just called Wyndham today to make my deposits.

this is what it said on the website

As a member of Interval International® (II), you have access to more than 1,500 resorts worldwide. You have the flexibility to use your CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus points to deposit as weeks and search II’s available resorts.

Interval International (II) Request First is a feature that allows CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus members the opportunity to search a snapshot of availability for an exchange prior to finalizing a deposit.

To initiate an Interval International Request First exchange you can call your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736. Determine the unit type and season for when you would like to travel by using the Worldwide External Exchange points chart. This will let you know the number of points you need to deposit for your vacation needs.
the vacation is available, you may finalize the deposit and confirm the request.

You can also decide not to continue with the deposit.

If you choose not to make the deposit, you have 48 hours to cancel your Request First deposit and have your points returned to your account.
Important Information:
  • There will be an exchange fee of $184 required to book your vacation. This fee is subject to change.
  • When you request to use this feature, you will be connected with your exchange company and the Vacation Guide will provide them with the deposit information, letting them know that this is a Request First. The representative will then immediately search for availability that matches your request.
  • If what you are looking for is not available, you can choose to finalize the deposit and begin an ongoing search. An ongoing search is typically your best option to get your request.
  • If you do not contact the Vacation Planning Center within the 48-hour cancellation period, your deposit becomes a final transaction.
  • Once an ongoing search or a hold is used on a Request First deposit, the deposit becomes final and points are deducted from your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus account.
  • To complete an II deposit, Housekeeping Credits will be deducted from your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus account in accordance with the unit size being deposited as shown below in the II Housekeeping Chart.

So after 15 minutes of back and forth my vacation councilor found the above...I explained I wanted to do three low season Request First...77k 2BR x 2 and 1x 35K studio.

She connected me to II and we had a very short three way call as the Wyndham person hung up about 2 minutes in....I hope and pray that she made a notation of what I was doing.

The Wyndham II rep was extremely knowledgeable and when my request was not immediately available, set up the three ongoing searches.

I can see them in my II account.....fingers crossed Wyndham Confirms the Request First Deposit!

Will keep you posted.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Was that on Wyndham's website or II's? I think the II exchange fee has gone up to $199 as of 1/1/18.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
65C33B1B-EC80-488F-AD3F-35055310593A.jpeg

Here are my three requests...and the info above was from the Wyndham Website, the fee IS now $199

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It looks like the deposits are there but it doesn't look like there is any ongoing requests. Look in your history tab to see if you see the requests. It looks like you can start your own requests through.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks like the deposits are there but it doesn't look like there is any ongoing requests. Look in your history tab to see if you see the requests. It looks like you can start your own requests through.
Usage:2018 (Float)

Exchange#: 024966391

Pending Request
Unit: 2BED
Type: Float

I know it is hard to see in my photo but three out of the four have pending requests....the fourth is just a placeholder that is in the account and changes each use year.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usage:2018 (Float)

Exchange#: 024966391

Pending Request
Unit: 2BED
Type: Float

I know it is hard to see in my photo but three out of the four have pending requests....the fourth is just a placeholder that is in the account and changes each use year.

Pat,
I am glad to hear things seem to have improved with Wyndham. Were you able to make the II deposits all in one transaction? As you will recall I had to send three emails to a rep that I reached on the phone. He relayed them to someone else who apparently recorded them in my account. They were considered to be three transactions. I have successfully obtained an II confirmation with one of them. As I mentioned in our private conversation one deposit was mislabeled on the Wyndham website as "Points Adjustment Goodwill Award" instead of exchange. Wyndham refuses to label it correctly and says I shouldn't worry because it will be used for an exchange. You might recall that I also had a problem with Wyndham apparently losing track of one of my 2017 deposits for II trading. I finally was able to collect enough evidence that they returned a deposit to my account. Let us hope that these glitches were temporary and we can continue to trade smoothly Wyndham points for II exchanges for some time to come.
Henry

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pat,
I am glad to hear things seem to have improved with Wyndham. Were you able to make the II deposits all in one transaction? As you will recall I had to send three emails to a rep that I reached on the phone. He relayed them to someone else who apparently recorded them in my account. They were considered to be three transactions. I have successfully obtained an II confirmation with one of them. As I mentioned in our private conversation one deposit was mislabeled on the Wyndham website as "Points Adjustment Goodwill Award" instead of exchange. Wyndham refuses to label it correctly and says I shouldn't worry because it will be used for an exchange. You might recall that I also had a problem with Wyndham apparently losing track of one of my 2017 deposits for II trading. I finally was able to collect enough evidence that they returned a deposit to my account. Let us hope that these glitches were temporary and we can continue to trade smoothly Wyndham points for II exchanges for some time to come.
Henry
Henry,
Glad they “found” your lost week.

As I posted above, there was no email required. The Wyn rep listened while I told the II rep what I wanted to do. The II rep was very experienced. After she did the search for two bedroom New Years Eve in Aruba ( smile) I requested she put in the ongoing search and I gave my CC. I then asked the Wyn rep to confirm my second 2 BR request. At that time the II rep said the Wyn rep had not stayed on the line. !!! So I will see what happens the next few days in my Wyn account. I did a screen shot of 2018/2019/2020 Points as proof in case they take points from the wrong use year.

While on the phone with Wyn rep they never asked for my cc for third transaction ( I get two) She was Confused but I give her credit for pursing to find the info above that I found on the website.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
10:30 am 8/14
No changes on Wyndham website - points and transactions still in account.
II website still shows three pending requests.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
10:30 am 8/14
No changes on Wyndham website - points and transactions still in account.
II website still shows three pending requests.
Update 11:50 8/14
Call back from Jean.
She confirms the two deposits have been made but she needs to collect $39 transaction fee for third deposit.
I think this is going to work as described on the website!

EDIT....the exchanges are now shown in my Wyn account!

DATE TRANSACTIONS POINTS HOUSEKEEPING USE YEAR
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-77,000 Points
-77 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-77,000 Points
-77 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-35,000 Points
-49 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Dec 24, 2017
Contract Award

Contract 000269213609

Annual Contract

+203,000 Points
+203 Credits
Oct 2019 - Sep 2020
Jul 20, 2017
Award Expiration
Points Deduction

Does this look as if I have points in the credit pool????

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update 11:50 8/14
Call back from Jean.
She confirms the two deposits have been made but she needs to collect $39 transaction fee for third deposit.
I think this is going to work as described on the website!

EDIT....the exchanges are now shown in my Wyn account!

DATE TRANSACTIONS POINTS HOUSEKEEPING USE YEAR
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-77,000 Points
-77 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-77,000 Points
-77 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Aug 14, 2018
Exchanges
II Deposit

-35,000 Points
-49 Credits
Oct 2017 - Sep 2018
Dec 24, 2017
Contract Award

Contract 000269213609

Annual Contract

+203,000 Points
+203 Credits
Oct 2019 - Sep 2020
Jul 20, 2017
Award Expiration
Points Deduction

Does this look as if I have points in the credit pool????

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We finally used up our Wyndham 2018 II deposits. Called last Friday 6/7 to make three deposits for II trading from our 2019 Wyndham points. After some effort the rep said that she sent the request to the Wyndham department where it was supposed to go and the deposits would be finalized in a couple of days. Later that day she left a message to inform me that the deposits wouldn't go through since she had forgotten to determine that I needed to make a payment for two of the transaction requests. I wasn't able to call back until today, 6/10. I talked to at least six different agents. It took a long time for each to figure out how to act on my request. In every case, before the long process was completed, the call was terminated by the end-of-call survey request message and I had to start over again. The last few tries I asked each rep that, if I were cut off, could they call me back? They all said no because they were not allowed to do so. Finally the last one got permission to call me back and was able to continue the deposit process. She finally told me that the three deposits were completed and would show up in a couple of days in my account. However, not long thereafter, she called me again to apologize to let me know that she forgot to charge me for needed housekeeping credits. When this was taken care of she once more indicated that the process was completed. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is truly done. On top of all the hassle, I don't think I ever had to pay so much to Wyndham for depositing with II.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds about the same when transferring Wyndham RCI points to another member. Every time you call in they have another reply it costs to transfer , you cant transfer points, system just changed 2 months ago and managers are also confirming this BS, call in next day no problem points transfer in 2 hours