• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any experience with a Craigendarroch transfer?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, the broker sent the signed documents to Hilton Craigendarroch a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know how long the transfer usually takes? Since the local Hilton sales dept is the one actually operating the transfer, is the HGVC account going to be done automatically or it is a subsequent step? Thanks a lot

Last edited:

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
If I recall correctly, it did not take long as it was just the transfer of a Holiday Certificate. Do you know if the previous owner had the original certificate? Our owner had it and they just had to send it in, but if the current owner maybe did not have theirs, that may have delayed things. There was a small delay also because both of us were sending information from the US. Even then, from initial offer to completion of the transfer it was less than 30 days total.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, it did not take long as it was just the transfer of a Holiday Certificate. Do you know if the previous owner had the original certificate? Our owner had it and they just had to send it in, but if the current owner maybe did not have theirs, that may have delayed things. There was a small delay also because both of us were sending information from the US. Even then, from initial offer to completion of the transfer it was less than 30 days total.
How did they notify you of the transfer? Email or mail? Did you have an HGVC account already open? I have not been involved in any details, it is the broker in the UK handling it. I will ask about the certificate.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
Craigdarroch was actually my first purchase and the broker (Diana Nadeau) let me know when it was all done, but I also kept a lookout for when HGVC charged my credit card for their enrollment fees. (I have all my cards set up to send me a text when any charge is made to any of my cards). I then just called HGVC to get my account number and was able to create my online account.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Craigdarroch was actually my first purchase and the broker (Diana Nadeau) let me know when it was all done, but I also kept a lookout for when HGVC charged my credit card for their enrollment fees. (I have all my cards set up to send me a text when any charge is made to any of my cards). I then just called HGVC to get my account number and was able to create my online account.
do you remember if you had to sign a an HGVC enrolment form prior to the transfer? I was not asked the CC info yet

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know I paid the enrollment fee outside of escrow and I believe I completed an enrollment form and included CC payment information on the form and it was sent to HGVC directly outside of the closing process (since enrollment is voluntary). I also paid the fee to transfer the holiday certificate to my name directly to Craigendarroch via a credit card payment also outside of the escrow process (escrow was basically only the purchase price and closing co. Fees). Have you been charged for that yet? The certificate name transfer process only took about a week, if that long.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I paid the enrollment fee outside of escrow and I believe I completed an enrollment form and included CC payment information on the form and it was sent to HGVC directly outside of the closing process (since enrollment is voluntary). I also paid the fee to transfer the holiday certificate to my name directly to Craigendarroch via a credit card payment also outside of the escrow process (escrow was basically only the purchase price and closing co. Fees). Have you been charged for that yet? The certificate name transfer process only took about a week, if that long.
My escrow included the transfer of the holiday certificate. Thank a lot, i will know what to ask now.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow 30 days that’s fast. When I bought hgvc vilamoura(also certificate) they took much longer. Iirc it took pretty much the same time as a regular US deeded hgvc purchase.

Only glad to hear that things has speeded up since then.

2travelinggoatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow 30 days that’s fast. When I bought hgvc vilamoura(also certificate) they took much longer. Iirc it took pretty much the same time as a regular US deeded hgvc purchase.

Only glad to hear that things has speeded up since then.

Hello, where had you found your Villamoura resale? Hope you can share. Thank you.

rdw95

Reaction score
I just did a HGV purchase through one of their authorized resale agents in SW Florida. It took us about 9 weeks for everything to clear up and show up on our HGV homepage.