• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another RCI Question???

kh29smokes88

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Branson at the Meadows
I am new to the timeshare game and have done a search but still am not sure how this works. I have an annual contract and have deposited this years points to 2021 use year through Wyndham points deposit....i am in the process of purchasing another odd year contract and was told by a Wyndham rep that only one point deposit per year may be made. Does this mean i would not be able to deposit the new contract points into RCI before the end of use year which is 12/31 2019 or does the one deposit rule only apply to Wyndham deposit pool? Tjank you for any assistance in figuring this out.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Points Deposit Feature
The Points Deposit Feature allows you to deposit all, or a portion, of your current Use Year’s Points into a future Use Year. You may deposit your points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from the deposit date. Once deposited these points may only be used to book Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus locations.

Eligible deposit windows:

• Non-VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first three months of your current Use Year.
  • Silver VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first six months of your current Use Year.
  • Gold VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first nine months of your current Use Year.
  • Platinum VIP Owner: Points may be deposited anytime during your current Use Year.
Place your points into a future Use Year online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736 .
Important Information
  • You may deposit up to the amount of points owned into a future use year excluding points associated with Bonus and PIC contracts.
  • There is a $39 nonrefundable fee to use this feature online or a $49 nonrefundable fee when calling the Vacation Planning Center.
  • Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.
  • Once points are deposited into your Use Year of choice, the number of points you have available for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Standard and Express Reservations will be increased by the amount of points deposited into that Use year.
  • Deposited points may only be used to confirm Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus resort locations.
  • One (1) Housekeeping Credit is required for every 1,000 points deposited.
  • Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed to complete the deposit.
  • Deposits are a final transaction.

RCI
RCI® is the world’s largest timeshare exchange and leisure travel company. They are affiliated with more than 4,000 timeshare resorts worldwide. Traveling through RCI is a great option to find a location not yet represented by the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus resort collection.

As a member of RCI you have the flexibility of depositing points, searching availability and booking RCI reservations online. You may deposit your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points into RCI beginning 10 months prior to your Use Year start date, until your Use Year end date. The points you deposit into RCI are good for two years from the date of deposit.

RCI’s “Search First” feature allows you to view RCI’s availability prior to making your final deposit. If you see a location you’re interested in, you can deposit the required points, or you can book the reservation using points that you have previously deposited in your RCI account.

You can request an RCI deposit online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.
Important Information
  • When making a RCI deposit you may deposit up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts.
  • There is an exchange fee of $239 required to book your reservation with RCI. This fee is subject to change.
  • RCI deposits require a minimum of 10,000 points and may be increased in increments of 1,000 (Example: 10,000, 11,000, 12,000 or greater).
  • You may rent points to complete an RCI exchange deposit at $12 per 1,000 points online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center.
  • Points may not be borrowed to complete an RCI exchange deposit.
  • If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request.
  • Depositing with your exchange company requires a Reservation Transaction.
  • Housekeeping Credits will be deducted at a rate of one (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 2,000 points deposited.
  • Your RCI point deposit will be available in your RCI account within 24 - 48 hours of your request.
  • Depositing into your exchange company is a final transaction; all points and fees are nonrefundable. Be sure to confirm your plans before depositing.

Refer to the chart below to determine the number of points required for your desired vacation based upon the unit type and demand.
Unit size: points needed for Prime, High, Value, Quiet season weeks
Studio: 90,000, 77,000, 52,000, 35,000
1 Bedroom: 126,000, 105,000, 77,000, 63,000
2 Bedroom: 205,000, 165,000, 126,000, 77,000
3 Bedroom or more: 300,000, 232,000, 159,000, 112,000

kh29smokes88

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Branson at the Meadows
I want to thank you Jan M for taking the time to help explain this to me. So I take it that I can make 2 deposits in 1 use year as long as one is to Wyndham and one to RCI. Much appreciated!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to thank you Jan M for taking the time to help explain this to me. So I take it that I can make 2 deposits in 1 use year as long as one is to Wyndham and one to RCI. Much appreciated!
I don’t see where it says you can only use the Point Deposit Feature one time a year.
I think as long as you have points available in your available window for the Point Deposit Feature you can deposit points multiple times a year for $39.00 online each time or $49.00 by calling in
You can also deposit points in RCI multiple times a year.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I wonder if the rep was trying to say that the same points can only be deposited once - that is, the 2019 points already deposited to 2021 could not then be deposited again. But I agree with the others, there should be no limit on the number of points deposits you make as long as you're willing to pay the $39 fee each time. And certainly you can make multiple deposits with RCI, but each deposit transaction will require a reservation transaction - so in both instances you'd want to get your plan in place so as to make the fewest, largest deposits all at once (obviously while waiting for another contract to be transferred, you'll end up having to make another deposit later on if you can't use all the points this year).

kh29smokes88

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Branson at the Meadows
I don’t see where it says you can only use the Point Deposit Feature one time a year.
I think as long as you have points available in your available window for the Point Deposit Feature you can deposit points multiple times a year for $39.00 online each time or $49.00 by calling in
You can also deposit points in RCI multiple times
Thank you much!

kh29smokes88

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Branson at the Meadows
I wonder if the rep was trying to say that the same points can only be deposited once - that is, the 2019 points already deposited to 2021 could not then be deposited again. But I agree with the others, there should be no limit on the number of points deposits you make as long as you're willing to pay the $39 fee each time. And certainly you can make multiple deposits with RCI, but each deposit transaction will require a reservation transaction - so in both instances you'd want to get your plan in place so as to make the fewest, largest deposits all at once (obviously while waiting for another contract to be transferred, you'll end up having to make another deposit later on if you can't use all the points this year).

Thank you and much appreciate your time I helping me figure this out!

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points Deposit Feature
The Points Deposit Feature allows you to deposit all, or a portion, of your current Use Year’s Points into a future Use Year. You may deposit your points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from the deposit date. Once deposited these points may only be used to book Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus locations.

Eligible deposit windows:

• Non-VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first three months of your current Use Year.
  • Silver VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first six months of your current Use Year.
  • Gold VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first nine months of your current Use Year.
  • Platinum VIP Owner: Points may be deposited anytime during your current Use Year.
Place your points into a future Use Year online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736 .
Important Information
  • You may deposit up to the amount of points owned into a future use year excluding points associated with Bonus and PIC contracts.
  • There is a $39 nonrefundable fee to use this feature online or a $49 nonrefundable fee when calling the Vacation Planning Center.
  • Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.
  • Once points are deposited into your Use Year of choice, the number of points you have available for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Standard and Express Reservations will be increased by the amount of points deposited into that Use year.
  • Deposited points may only be used to confirm Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus resort locations.
  • One (1) Housekeeping Credit is required for every 1,000 points deposited.
  • Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed to complete the deposit.
  • Deposits are a final transaction.

RCI
RCI® is the world’s largest timeshare exchange and leisure travel company. They are affiliated with more than 4,000 timeshare resorts worldwide. Traveling through RCI is a great option to find a location not yet represented by the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus resort collection.

As a member of RCI you have the flexibility of depositing points, searching availability and booking RCI reservations online. You may deposit your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points into RCI beginning 10 months prior to your Use Year start date, until your Use Year end date. The points you deposit into RCI are good for two years from the date of deposit.

RCI’s “Search First” feature allows you to view RCI’s availability prior to making your final deposit. If you see a location you’re interested in, you can deposit the required points, or you can book the reservation using points that you have previously deposited in your RCI account.

You can request an RCI deposit online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.
Important Information
  • When making a RCI deposit you may deposit up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts.
  • There is an exchange fee of $239 required to book your reservation with RCI. This fee is subject to change.
  • RCI deposits require a minimum of 10,000 points and may be increased in increments of 1,000 (Example: 10,000, 11,000, 12,000 or greater).
  • You may rent points to complete an RCI exchange deposit at $12 per 1,000 points online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center.
  • Points may not be borrowed to complete an RCI exchange deposit.
  • If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request.
  • Depositing with your exchange company requires a Reservation Transaction.
  • Housekeeping Credits will be deducted at a rate of one (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 2,000 points deposited.
  • Your RCI point deposit will be available in your RCI account within 24 - 48 hours of your request.
  • Depositing into your exchange company is a final transaction; all points and fees are nonrefundable. Be sure to confirm your plans before depositing.

Refer to the chart below to determine the number of points required for your desired vacation based upon the unit type and demand.
Unit size: points needed for Prime, High, Value, Quiet season weeks
Studio: 90,000, 77,000, 52,000, 35,000
1 Bedroom: 126,000, 105,000, 77,000, 63,000
2 Bedroom: 205,000, 165,000, 126,000, 77,000
3 Bedroom or more: 300,000, 232,000, 159,000, 112,000

So if I am a non-VIP owner, I can only deposit my points for this year during the first 3 months of the year - that's true both for banking Wyndham points into Wyndham for next year, and also for depositing them into RCI?

So, for example if I buy a resale contract today with a January use year, and all 2019 points are still intact, I would have to use all the points in 2019?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
RCI is up to the last day of the year for all owners.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They say it's all red. I think it would be spring break, Christmas to New Years and July 4.....maybe the summer bcz of the school calendar, Halloween is a bit busy. I personally love middle October to november..... temps are still good and humidity is down. And its not in the school calendar. There are a lot of retirees coming down between November and March but I would think they stay by the coast and a bit further south. September i think is low because of hurricanes and it can get chilly in January.

weleftmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weeks can also vary between the resorts in the Orlando area. For example: Thanksgiving week is Value at Bonnet Creek and Reunion but High at Cypress Palms.