• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another example of ARDA and Timeshare resorts working AGAINST owners

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Brian, just a side question: Is there any reason to allow that $5 of my maintenance fees to go to ARDA? In all these years, I still have no idea what they are supposed to be doing for me. It just seems like a money grab.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Brian, just a side question: Is there any reason to allow that $5 of my maintenance fees to go to ARDA? In all these years, I still have no idea what they are supposed to be doing for me. It just seems like a money grab.

Dave
ARDA has fought for some things that impact owners, like the taxes in Hawaii and the USVI.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
quite frankly for the average timeshare owner...ARDA does more to hurt you than its ever helped you (or will help you).

here is a lengthy discussion on it:

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...donation-on-your-maintenance-fee-bill.219914/

when it comes down to it, its quite easy to point out numerous ways arda and its members work against most timeshare owners.

its far more difficult to point out ways it helps...and that should be the bottom line when "donating" your money.

CAron1022

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will list it on TUG. Please share a broker's name that will work on a reduced fee to complete the sale.
Have you tried posting on the TUG Marketplace? If you find a buyer, you can read under the “Buying, Selling, Renting” forum how to draw up a contract and effect a transfer. Or you can find the buyer on TUG and then hire a broker at reduced brokerage to complete the sale for you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Have you tried posting on the TUG Marketplace? If you find a buyer, you can read under the “Buying, Selling, Renting” forum how to draw up a contract and effect a transfer. Or you can find the buyer on TUG and then hire a broker at reduced brokerage to complete the sale for you.

Thank you. I will list it on TUG. Please share a broker's name that will work on a reduced fee to complete the sale.
I am not sure that WalnutBaron's "broker" terminology was correct here. If you find a buyer yourself, you don't need a broker but rather a closing company. Not all closing companies will help with contracts. LT Transfers is a well recommended closing company on TUG, and if you don't have a contract between you and your buyer, they will help with a simple agreement. They would be my recommendation.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am noticing more and more Redweek ads are full service. I am also finding Redweek to be less and less an ideal place to find decent resales. Not sure if the two are related.

I can't speak to any possible correlation, but I would theorize that the growth in the number of "full service" RedWeek listings may simply reflect a growth in the number of people who want to sell, but either don't really know how to do so or just simply don't want to be bothered with first hand participation in the "process". :shrug:

Ironically, on the rare occasion when I have inquired about a RedWeek listing which is allegedly a "full service" listing, I have been (not pleasantly) surprised by how very little the "listing" broker / agent knows about either the property or about important and relevant (but often missing) details in the listing.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I can't speak to any possible correlation, but I would theorize that the growth in the number of "full service" RedWeek listings may simply reflect a growth in the number of people who want to sell, but either don't really know how or just simply don't want to be bothered with first hand participation in the "process". :shrug:

Ironically, on the rare occasion when I have inquired about a RedWeek listing which is allegedly a "full service" listing, I have been (not pleasantly) surprised by how very little the "listing" broker / agent knows about either the property or about important and relevant (but often missing) details in the listing.
I have purchased directly from the owners on redweek none using the full service option. I emailed owners for specifics. We then used LT Transfers who walked us thru everything. I would never use the full service on Redweek if I listed one for sale based on everything I have read.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek charges $125.00 upfront to list a sale and $300.00 or 3% at closing.
Can anyone suggest a company to use to sell a Marriott Hawaii week please? Thank you.
Huh? I don’t know where you got your figures from, but if you have a prospective buyer all you need do is contact LTTransfers.com to handle the closing. Then you’re done.
Redweek fees for first ad $19 membership fee + $60 listing fee =$79
LT Transfers approx $250
Total to sell your Marriott week = $329

This is excerpted from the Redweek FAQs Page:

“What is the cost?

Membership is currently $18.99 for 12 months and is required to add a rental or resale, or to contact an owner about a posting. Rental postings are $29.99 for 6 months, and resale postings are $59.99 for 12 months. We also have full-service options, for an additional cost. A full list of pricing and benefits can be found on our pricing and details page”

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh? I don’t know where you got your figures from, but if you have a prospective buyer all you need do is contact LTTransfers.com to handle the closing. Then you’re done.

Unless I'm mistaken, the higher figures previously cited referred to the additional costs associated with using RedWeek's (so called) "full service option", as opposed to the "do it yourself" approach whose costs you itemized. :shrug:

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Redweek fees for first ad $19 membership fee + $60 listing fee =$79
LT Transfers approx $250
Total to sell your Marriott week = $329

This is excerpted from the Redweek FAQs Page:

“What is the cost?

Membership is currently $18.99 for 12 months and is required to add a rental or resale, or to contact an owner about a posting. Rental postings are $29.99 for 6 months, and resale postings are $59.99 for 12 months. We also have full-service options, for an additional cost. A full list of pricing and benefits can be found on our pricing and details page”
I think the reference is for full service. This is what Redweek shows when I went thru your link
FULL-SERVICE RESALE
$125/year
+ $399 or 3% of resale price only when sold

A licensed RedWeek agent will manage the entire process for you - from building your posting to closing the deal. RedWeek Verification included.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
...Ironically, on the rare occasion when I have inquired about a RedWeek listing which is allegedly a "full service" listing, I have been (not pleasantly) surprised by how very little the "listing" broker / agent knows about either the property or about important and relevant (but often missing) details in the listing.

Same here. We are 90% through the process of buying a Divi Little Bay week (St. Maarten) from Redweek, and it was a "full service" listing and the agent knew next to nothing. We had to redline the contracts a few times due to errors (e.g. the maintenance fee wasn't what they stated, as they had added the MF and a 1x assessment as the annual MF), they misspelled my husbands name in two iterations, misstated the size, wrong unit numbers, etc. We had to use a fine toothed comb to make sure it was correct, and every time they made a change re-read the whole thing in detail. (Version 1 misspelled name. V2 corrected his name, but messed up the MF. V3 fixed MF but husband's name was wrong again. And so on for weeks...)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Full service" is a phrase which is apparently open to very loose interpretation by those "licensed" RedWeek agents. :ponder:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone use these real estate agents? It’s so easy to do a sale, or rental, by yourself. What a waste of money, and it looks like a waste of time too- if you’re hunting them down to fix errors.