TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Anone gotten a status gift yet?

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by GreenTea, Dec 24, 2017.

1. GreenTea

GreenTea TUG Member

I know in previous years by this point I'd gotten an email, usually keeping me at the same status even if I hadn't quite made the night requirement. This year, nothing. Has anyone gotten their status for 2018 yet?

2. NboroGirl

NboroGirl TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grande Vista
    I got something - can't remember if it was an email, but probably. It said I was being upgraded to gold, which is funny because I have been gold for years, and as long as the Marriott/United partnership continues, we will remain gold forever. (My husband is a 2 million miler at United and so he has permanent platinum status with United, which entitles us to gold status at Marrtiott.)

elleny76 likes this.
  3. Dean

Dean TUG Member

About a week ago we got the email that our account was being upgraded to Platinum from the MVC account. I am Platinum lifetime so we'd changed our account rewards number to my wife's in preparation for this likelihood so she could be building her status.

4. GreenTea

GreenTea TUG Member

I didn’t get any notice at all. No gift to stay platinum. No notice of gold with rollover (I know last year for that)

5. l0410z

l0410z TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Monarch Summer x 2, one enrolled. Grand Chateau 2 br EOY
    The last 5 years I have been gifted platinum from gold. Each time I finished the year with 50 to 60 night credits. This year I finished the year at 53. I reached lefetime gold so I am curious on what they will do. My platinum status runs through March. Is everyone notified year end or close to when status expire?

6. BabyDoc

BabyDoc Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Vacation Club Destination Points
    I received an e-mail indicating I would be upgraded in February.

7. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I received an email last week congratulating me for staying on Gold, except I am at Platinum which had been obtained through MVC.

8. bazzap

bazzap TUG Member

The MVC owner level MR Elite benefit status is managed totally independent from the MR nights stayed benefit status.
    Whether one could reasonably expect them to managed in a coordinated way is another matter entirely.

Fasttr and dioxide45 like this.
  9. GreenTea

GreenTea TUG Member

My counter reset to 0 nights. No word that platinum has been extended but no rollover nights added to account either indicating I was dropped to gold.

10. nanceetom

nanceetom TUG Member

What exactly did you do? We have used one number and it's my husbands, who is platinum for life. Did you open a new acct for your wife and now will begin using it? Believe, since we are owners, my account should be gold??? Not sure how to proceed and how it would work?

11. Dean

Dean TUG Member

I have one and recently opened one for my wife. We also got a Marriott rewards Chase CC for her with intents on canceling mine once she's upgraded. I did some investigation with Marriott and determined that it was they will only list one rewards number and that the "upgrade" occurs once per year early in the year. It is my intent to use her number as much as possible once she's at Platinum. I wish I'd anticipated this area better over the years and used her's more but I was unaware of the lifetime status until a few years ago and I don't think MVC stays counted until a few years ago IIRC. Even after I knew about the program, the requirements were higher than they are now so I didn't think I'd be here this soon. It's possible you've missed it for this year but you could change the number on the account and hope you will be upgraded this year or you could wait until later in the year in preparation for next year. I guess you could change it then change it back in a few months if not upgraded then change it again later in the year though I'd check to see if that is indeed possible. I figure it'll take a few years to get her to Gold or Platinum Lifetime. This became more of an issue recently when she traveled without me. I had presumed the perks would go with the reservation rather than the person but since I wasn't there, the perks did not apply. So it became more important to do this.

12. janej

janej Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

No email at all, my account was reset to 0 night when I checked last night. I am a platinum and stayed over 100 nights in 2017.

13. GreenTea

GreenTea TUG Member

I hope I got renewed.

14. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

Anybody know when your status changes if you go down a category? For 2017 I was Platinum, but I only stayed 51 nights in 2017, so I may drop to Gold. I am wondering what date my Platinum status goes away.

Ray

15. Dean

Dean TUG Member

Not a gift but I did notice my wife's rewards account was upgraded to Platinum from silver this week even though we'd been led to believe it'd be more like the end of Feb.

16. l0410z

l0410z TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Monarch Summer x 2, one enrolled. Grand Chateau 2 br EOY
    I just got a snail mail yesterday that told me that "even though you stayed fewer nights than required, we are pleased to renew your platinum elite status for 2018 as a thank you for your incredible locality." 6th year in a row I have been gifted. Only 167 more nights for lifetime platinum status. I stayed 53 nights in 2017.

17. rthib

rthib TUG Member

Nothing yet, but both Mobile and "Classic" Marriott site show me as PP so I assume they haven't been sent yet. With all the issues with the new site, they may be waiting or they may be trying to figure out what to do with the SPG folks too.

(I also got the email from MVCI telling me about status, it does mention that if you already have higher status to ignore)

18. aka Julie

aka Julie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Shadow Ridge (platinum)
    Barony Beach (2 silver)
    My DH received notice that he would continue as Platinum for 2018 even though he only had 53 nights. Great news.

19. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

My account appears to be messed up. Anyone else?

2017: I was gold. Still showing gold when I log in.
    Mid December I had 47 nights
    Stayed on 7 night package from 12/26 - 1/2: should have given me 6 nights for 2017 and 1 night for 2018

My online nights reset and shows: 6 nights redeemed 2018 - but still shows 3 nights to gold 28 to platinum
    My mobile app shows: 6 nights redeemed. renew gold at 10 nights, platinum at 35 nights

This makes no sense to me - but I haven't called because at this point I should only have 1 night for 2018 + 3 rollover. They are showing 6 and still are showing me as gold.

20. rthib

rthib TUG Member

The "new" Marriott website has all sorts of issues, lots of talk on flyertalk. If you can find the link to the "classic" site, it is usually correct. Mobile is mostly correct but sometimes lags.

21. GreenTea

GreenTea TUG Member

Bingo! Platinum letter in yesterday's mail.

22. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I basically don't bother looking at the site until February to see where I really stand. Too many changes and uncertainties so early in the year.

23. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club--Lahaina/Napili Villas; Ko Olina Beach Club; Grand Chateau
    Yes, and status change decreases are not effective until either March 1 or February 1 (I do not remember exactly which one).

24. Fairwinds

Fairwinds TUG Member

I’m not seeing my rollover nights. I thought we would get them this year. Maybe later or I’ll call

25. gblotter

gblotter TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside x 2
    Maui Ocean Club x 2
    Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
    I got my letter in the mail today. Platinum again for 2018 even though I was six nights short in 2017. I should hit Lifetime Platinum in a year or two and then I'll move my credit card over to a different rewards program.

I currently don't have an SPG membership. Wondering if I should create one just so I can link the two together to get SPG Platinum as well. Have others done this?