• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Meeting, Scottsdale Pinnacle Owners Assn. (SDO)

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I attended on October 10 and took notes. There was a buffet just outside with coffee, muffins and fruit. There were a little fewer than 50 owners in attendance. The meeting was called to order by Bill Bailey from Vistana in Florida. It moved along quickly to the election of Directors. President Jody Lee and Treasurer Steven Meyer were reelected to 3-year terms.

Association Update:

1. New TVs will be installed to allow upgrading from analog to digital cable.
2. Dishes, wine glasses, duvets, decorative pillows, washers/dryers were/will be replaced.
3. Elevators are being renovated and outdoor benches are being replaced.
4. There are a number of new games and events.

Financials are good and a big improvement from 5 years ago. MF collections are up from 80% to 94%, driven by renovations that attract new owners who DO pay MF. 1,500 accounts were in arrears 3 years ago, now down to about 600. Revenues are up and expenses are down. They will take back deeds in lieu of foreclosure.

Questions & Answers:
  1. Pinnacle Association owns 20 unit weeks. It sells some acquired weeks to the developer (Vistana) and the HOA keeps some of the money in accord with the “inventory repurchase agreement.”
  2. ILG owns Vistana & Interval International & Hyatt Vacation Ownership.
  3. Why do we receive only $300 when we sell a week to Vistana since they resell it for much more? Can we make a better deal and get more for a week? President Jody Lee says we get $500 for each week plus all MF in arrears plus Vistana pays ongoing MF until the week is sold. In addition, there was a $450,000 upfront fee we received for Vistana having the right to sell weeks.
  4. After major renovations, MF dropped $30. This year MF was up $17. The Board projects it to be flat going forward. But there is inflation, plus upward wage pressure, so nothing can be certain.
I had to leave before the meeting concluded, so there are further questions I didn’t get.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the financial situation has improved.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect new buybacks by Vistana from the HOA are going in to the Sheraton Flex trust? If so, the MFs will always be paid going forward and will remove the chance of delinquency. If a flex owner goes delinquent, the other flex owners pay to make up the difference, but the HOA stays whole.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I still love my SDO, it was the first TS I purchased and it’s been a winner for me. I love having the 2 bedrooms.