• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Animal Kingdom Room Inventory Types

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll try to be brief: I have paid my deposit with DVC Dave Rentals and they've confirmed the room I want is available for the dates I want. So now they are trying to find a match with an owner to book it for me. I've been waiting a few days and they still can't find anyone. It's a total of 104 points.

I looked on the Disney website tonight and the same room/size/view we want is available for the same dates. The problem is if I book with Disney direct it will cost me about $1,200 more for the stay so I'd obviously rather wait for the DVC Dave search/match to hit. But I'd rather pay the extra money if that's the only way to get the room.

So my question is: Does the Disney World website pull from the same inventory as the DVC Owner inventory? My concern is if there is just one of the room/view type rooms that I want left and I grab the Disney World direct reservation than I'd be shooting myself in the foot because then DVC Dave wouldn't be able to make the match (because their system would then show no available rooms). I hope that question makes sense and I hope there are two different pools of inventory especially since we're more than 6 months out.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I think the problem is that Dave is a points matching company. It sounds like he has to find an owner willing to sell points to you for your resort, dates and room category. It sounds like this has less to do with room availability. Instead it sounds like a lack of DVC owners with the points to rent at AK that matches your request. Just out of curiosity, I looked online for November since you said about 6 months out, and I do not see any rooms available for a week at AK Kidani or Jambo House. I am guessing that Dave did what I did and logged in to see what you want and told you it is available but he does not have anyone with those days booked already to reserve it for you. The most consecutive days I see at AK in November is 4 or 5 N in a 1 BR. I think you should book it online if you see availability. At Kidani, it is all DVC inventory and at Jambo House, there is both DVC inventory and hotel inventory. You can tell if it is DVC or hotel inventory by reading the descriptions of the rooms.

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks! We're doing a week-long trip but splitting it between AK and a Disney cruise. And we're going in December.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
As you are probably aware, the entire month of December is a very busy time even at the beginning of Dec as many enjoy Disney holiday decorations at the different DVC resorts as well as the parks, then obviously, the Christmas crowds. DVC owners book at 11 months out and DVC non AKV owners book at 7 months. Several years ago, we did an extended family trip, beginning of Dec and I loved having my morning coffee at Jambo lobby enjoying the gorgeous Christmas tree. It really is a sight! We will be back end of September Jambo this year for F&W. Can't wait, really enjoy both Jambo and Kidani,!Love Kidani for the extra bathroom in a 1 BR and 2 BR, but my preference still is Jambo for the ambiance of the Lobby and convenience to quick serve Mara. Good Luck with your request; beautiful time to be at WDW!:)

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
So my question is: Does the Disney World website pull from the same inventory as the DVC Owner inventory? My concern is if there is just one of the room/view type rooms that I want left and I grab the Disney World direct reservation than I'd be shooting myself in the foot because then DVC Dave wouldn't be able to make the match (because their system would then show no available rooms). I hope that question makes sense and I hope there are two different pools of inventory especially since we're more than 6 months out.
Different inventory. Book the room on cash as your backup plan.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Different inventory. Book the room on cash as your backup plan.

rhonda is correct. What’s shown on the Disney website is inventory that Disney controls directly through the 2-5% they own or through points that owners have exchanged for cruises and other non-DVC reservations. DVC owners don’t have access to that inventory, so you can reserve it (as a room-only reservation you should be able to cancel up to 5 days before checkin without penalty) without worrying about shooting yourself in the foot. If the dates you want are more than 7 months out, Dave is looking for an AKL owner with sufficient points to cover your reservation. If you’re less than 7 months out, he just needs a DVC owner at any resort who has the points needed.

Reaction score
I agree - book the room with cash as a back up in case the DVC rental doesn't come through. They do pull from different inventory!

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
December is going to be very hard to find, especially if you only want a studio. One bedroom may be not as difficult, but still hard to get. Plus even if David told you the inventory was available, that could change in minutes if an owner books those nights you needed. The first two weeks of December are the most popular time for an owner to book DVC. I tried to book an OKW studio for three nights about nine months out and I could only get one night. I just got the last two nights off the waitlist last week. But you don't have access to the waitlist.

DVC points inventory is not the same as you see on the Disney Reservation Center website. That is inventory either owned by DVC or traded by an owner for a non-DVC trip like a cruise or Adv by Disney.

hisgal2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
I know practically nothing when it comes to the timeshare aspect of this, but I can tell you that to book the room, it's just a $200 refundable deposit. You have within 30 days of check in to cancel the booking. I would book the room and then wait it out to see if you get the rental.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I know practically nothing when it comes to the timeshare aspect of this, but I can tell you that to book the room, it's just a $200 refundable deposit. You have within 30 days of check in to cancel the booking. I would book the room and then wait it out to see if you get the rental.

The $200 deposit and 30-day cancellation deadline apply to package bookings (room plus tickets plus dining). Room-only reservations require a deposit equal to the first night’s cost but can be cancelled and refunded as late as five days before checkin. Thus recommended when you’re on a waitlist for a DVC villa because you can cancel without penalty when the waitlist comes through and alternatively aren’t scrambling for accommodations if it doesn’t.