• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol Top 13: Anybody ready to place a bet?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll place my bets at this point...

Last two females standing will be Karen the Latina singer...and Naima (sp?) the wild card choice.

Last two males standing will be Scotty the country singer...and the rocker guy (I forget his name) who has Tourette's.

Anyone else willing to go out on a limb and make a prediction this early in the game? :hi:

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the most talented singer was the black kid, who Jennifer Lopez compared to Luther Vandross.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last two standing: Karen and Scotty. Maybe Jacob, but probably Scotty.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
lauren gets my vote for one of the top 2 girls left.

goin with casey/scotty/jacob for my box pick!

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Scotty manages outside of his genre. I can't picture him singing anything but country. It'll be fun to watch. He certainly is sweet.
I would love to see James Durbin win. I think he is amazing. Not typical Idol material. He's giving me my Adam Lambert fix this season.
I don't have a female favorite.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
my prediction: Last two standing, Jacob Lusk and James Durbin.
Jacob is my favorite, and I hope he wins.....his voice is amazing, BUT, i fear the American voting public will go for James, and give the title to him because he's a rocker. Both are great, and no doubt will be stars. Girls, forget about it....but I do like Thia.

(Chris won last time because he was "cute".)

Judges know best, but their votes don't count. But I guess it wouldn't be American Idol if the judges' votes determined it. Only GLAD that the show has bounced back to great heights....LOVE Steven Tyler...and J-Lo has done a fantastic job, and always love Randy...glad he's toned down the Yo-Dog stuff, tho.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Scotty manages outside of his genre. I can't picture him singing anything but country. It'll be fun to watch. He certainly is sweet.

That's what I thought - but he did great with the Beatles song!

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I predict the last three standing will be Jacob, James and Cassie.

Jacob is extraordinarily talented, he is my favorite, but I am concerned about his ability to adjust to other styles.

Last edited:

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Jacon Lusk is the best male singer and Pia Toscano is the best female singer. That doesn't necessarily mean they will be the last 2 left though.
Bernie

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
After last week, I think it is still a little early to make predictions. Some of the people I was rooting for didn't do well on the "big" stage with a live audience, and others I didn't know about were great. (Karen R. for example)

Until we have a better sense of who the "audience" likes, it is tough to say who could make it to the end.

I think it is pretty clear that there are several here that could end up with good careers, depending on their future choices: Scotty, Jacob, Casey, and Naima to name a few...

I also think it sad we lost Kendra Chantelle and the dark haired Lauren. Why they chose to keep Ashton is beyond me. Yes, she's pretty, but every time I've heard her she's had some serious pitch problems. :annoyed: Kendra was far better!!!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No one picked Casey - easily the best performer by a wide margin & reliable week in & week out so far? He isn't the cutest but, so far, has left all others in the dust in style & overall presentation. He'll be tough to beat if talent is the key this year. Then Scotty, Jacob & James are very good. None of the girls have been special yet - but there is still time for one or two to make a run.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Casey, but don't think he will win the popular vote. Scotty is good too, but he sounds just like Josh Turner, so I'm not sure how far he will go.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
casey is easily my favorite, however I wouldnt bet on him being there at the end.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree about Casey. I'd love to see him live. Same with Jacob.

I try to remember that they're looking for a recording artist, so I try to imagine listening to whoever it is on the radio. With that in mind, I think Scotty is a no-brainer for country fans, and also Karen, Ashthon, and Lauren A. I see Casey and Jacob and Naima as different kinds of entertainers, not the popular recording artist types, but ???

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree Casey is really cool - original, corky, brave, super-talented and interesting to the max. But Jacob Lusk brings me to tears, too.

I can't figure why they picked Ashton either. She had some really pitchy performances. None of the girls stands out to me. This is a boys' year.

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
I wish that Canadians could vote, because if we could... my top picks would be Casey, James, Pia and Lauren. I really like Stefano too, and if he continues to sing with the passion and heart that he did on his wild card performance, he may have a good chance of making it into the top 5. For me, this has been the most exciting American Idol season ever. If I was putting money on it, I'll wager a loonie for James, Casey and Lauren in the final three.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can vote online now, do they block it from non us ip addresses?

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
can vote online now, do they block it from non us ip addresses?

Just checked their FAQ on voting and unfortunately, we are still left out in the cold:

"Anyone calling the toll-free numbers, or any AT&T subscriber who has the ability to text message from within the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands can cast their vote(s) for the next American Idol. In addition, anyone with a Facebook account registered within the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands will be able cast their vote(s) online.

Online: Online voting closes 2 hours after the Hawaii broadcast."

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched every episode this year, as I have in the past, but I can say I am enjoying it much more. I think there is more talent right up front, and I enjoy the judges. I really think it's a better show than it was, and the judges chose well.
...and the judges were well chosen.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We think that Pia has the best voice, but her personality doesn't necessarily stand out. The country western guy is outstanding, but it will be interesting to see how he does with other styles. A lot of quality this season unlike last season. Fun to watch.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Scotty will win American Idol but predict he has a long career in country music ahead of him. I would purchase his songs, and I don't even like country music!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
The performances that stood out for me last night were Casey's and Haley's (despite the judges comments that she doesn't know who she is as a performer, I have enjoyed all of hers.)

I just wish that Casey would minimize the hirsuteness! He reminds me of a werewolf in appearance, but that probably appeals to the fans of Twilight and the Red Riding Hood movie:whoopie:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Stefano surprised me & was the best of a weak night of performances IMO. There are 4-5 that seem to hit the limits of their talent and are ready to be voted off. It's amazing how they fall off the pace once the live shows start. What were the Judges listening to for Jacob? THAT was terrible.

Only one can be voted off so there are plenty of worthy contenders this week.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't overly "wowed" by anyone last night, but I think any of the following could be going home: Paul, Haley, Karen, Lauren. I found Paul's performance so awful that I was embarrassed for him.

I think Thia and Pia have the best voices, but they need to step it up in terms of performance. Even though I don't particularly like country, I think Scotty might have been the best last night, followed by James and Casey. I like the tone of Stefano's voice, but he butchered that song last night in that he way over-performed it. The Simply Red remake is a classic, with it's phrasing and long pauses, and Stefano sang it like he was a Backstreet Boy (or worse). Jacob's performance was very strange. He basically just screamed the chorus for 2 minutes.

Not Idol's best night........