• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amazon Prime Day ... what did you find?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Found nothing I wanted that was priced for the sale but did use the $10 coupon I got at Whole Foods to purchase something I had saved in my cart prior.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I found something! I purchased a cake of Puer Tea for $28 (normally $99). Typically we bring the wrapper from our preferred cakes to our favorite Chinese Tea shop for translation and assistance in selecting the next purchase. I'm pretty sure our last purchase had been fermented for 15 years ... so today's purchase is a bit young at 5 years. It will be interesting to compare the differences.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I've sent an email in requesting a credit of the membership fee given the service was not available.
We'll see where this goes....but it did feel good to send it.

Edit: I am chatting with them now.

Well, I did get a gift certificate so it was worth the chat....

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We listen to Amazon Music in the car, pair up my iphone with the car by bluetooth. It works really well.

We were driving yesterday and it shut off, right away I knew it was prime day crashed their system.

I looked at the preview but didnt see anything good. I was in the market for a new floor fan, I like the Vornado tower. I ended up ordering it from Kohl’s, it was cheaper with my stacked coupons and Kohl’s cash and free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We listen to Amazon Music in the car, pair up my iphone with the car by bluetooth. It works really well.

We were driving yesterday and it shut off, right away I knew it was prime day crashed their system.

I looked at the preview but didnt see anything good. I was in the market for a new floor fan, I like the Vornado tower. I ended up ordering it from Kohl’s, it was cheaper with my stacked coupons and Kohl’s cash and free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As much as I like Kohl's at times, their coupon system - especially the way Kohl's cash and discounts are combined / treated - really rubs me the wrong way. I too have found some good items at good prices over the years at Kohl's but they often shoot themselves in the foot with the way they conduct their loyalty (affinity) programs.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
As much as I like Kohl's at times, their coupon system - especially the way Kohl's cash and discounts are combined / treated - really rubs me the wrong way. I too have found some good items at good prices over the years at Kohl's but they often shoot themselves in the foot with the way they conduct their loyalty (affinity) programs.
I haven't stepped foot or shopped online at Kohls in over 10 years - all over a mistake they made on a payment (sent/arrived on time, applied late, assessed a late charge that took over 3 months to resolve). I have to admit I forget that they are still around.

But this Kohl's cash video is funny! :D

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE: I have to admit I forget that they are still around.
But this Kohl's cash video is funny! :D [/QUOTE]

Yes, extremely funny. I also forget about Kohl's, and find their cash program confusing.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the FireTV daily on my main tv and we have Firestix that we take on vacations. We love them. The interface is very easy to use. We have PlayStation Vue and that works on them where ever we go. So working the tv is the same no matter where we go. I haven’t been anywhere where the WiFi is to slow to run it but I have only taken it to about 10 places. I think it’s worth a try for you for $20.

The Fire Stick is $19.99 and the Fire TV is $34.99 (down from $69.99). I have a question about the Fire TV. I have a smart TV with Amazon Prime, Netflix and basic Hulu, plus an antenna for broadcast live TV. Is there anything that Fire TV will give me that I don't already have? Other than voice control via Alexa?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The Fire Stick is $19.99 and the Fire TV is $34.99 (down from $69.99). I have a question about the Fire TV. I have a smart TV with Amazon Prime, Netflix and basic Hulu, plus an antenna for broadcast live TV. Is there anything that Fire TV will give me that I don't already have? Other than voice control via Alexa?

For me it’s the ease of the interface. All your apps for all those things are right there along with all the other Amazon content. I always recommend the FireStix to all my less than tech savvy friends and they have all found it extremely easy to use. And then there is Alexa as another bonus.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Found nothing I wanted that was priced for the sale but did use the $10 coupon I got at Whole Foods to purchase something I had saved in my cart prior.

Same here. Just nothing I wanted on Prime Day sale so used the Whole Foods $10 on something on my wish list.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We had the error dealio but it saved me a bunch of money after thinking about it. I did get some matcha tea with lions mane for a decent price today. That was it.

Bill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Used my Whole Foods $10 Coupon and did a Prime purchase of a SanDisk 64GB Micro SD Card for $13.99 minus $10 = $3.99 + 0.24 tax = $4.23 plus free 2-day shipping.

Would have purchased a Micro SD Card with more memory (great deal on 256GB) but 64GB is the limit for my tablet.

Pleased with the deal.

Richard

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
What did I find? That someone had hacked in to our account. Seems they hacked in my husband's Lycos account, which let them change the email on our Amazon account. Fortunately, no charges had been made yet. Sadly, the only way through Amazon to find a customer service phone number was to log in - which was the issue! Had to Google the number to get it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I received the Firestick today. Installed easily, piece of cake, and works excellent. Definitely worth the $20.

Bonus: Our TV service at home is Comcast's Xfinity. I found a download hack that installs the Xfinity app on the Firestick (which for some reason is not supported by Amazon, but the Fire TV is. ??? Not sure why that is.) But after the install, the Xfinity app works like a charm, right alongside all the other regular apps. Result is I now have Live TV channels on my guest room TV, almost the same as having a cable box connected. My $20 investment will be saving me something like $100 a year. I like that! But now, when someone stays in the guest room, they can watch their favorite channels.

I haven't figured out the Alexa part yet. The remote has a voice control, but other than asking Alexa what the outside temperature is, everything I've tried isn't working right. I think it needs to be set up. When I asked Alexa where we are, she said we were about 75 miles away from where we are. So I think she's got some 'splainin' to do. ;)

Dave

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I received the Firestick today. Installed easily, piece of cake, and works excellent. Definitely worth the $20.

Bonus: Our TV service at home is Comcast's Xfinity. I found a download hack that installs the Xfinity app on the Firestick (which for some reason is not supported by Amazon, but the Fire TV is. ??? Not sure why that is.) But after the install, the Xfinity app works like a charm, right alongside all the other regular apps. Result is I now have Live TV channels on my guest room TV, almost the same as having a cable box connected. My $20 investment will be saving me something like $100 a year. I like that! But now, when someone stays in the guest room, they can watch their favorite channels.

I haven't figured out the Alexa part yet. The remote has a voice control, but other than asking Alexa what the outside temperature is, everything I've tried isn't working right. I think it needs to be set up. When I asked Alexa where we are, she said we were about 75 miles away from where we are. So I think she's got some 'splainin' to do. ;)

Dave

Been doing the same thing in our guest room with a Roku and Xfinity app. Could have hugged the Xfininty guy at their store who told me how to do it to save money on my cable bill! Didn't save as much as you did though! Good buy!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
What did I find? That someone had hacked in to our account. Seems they hacked in my husband's Lycos account, which let them change the email on our Amazon account. Fortunately, no charges had been made yet. Sadly, the only way through Amazon to find a customer service phone number was to log in - which was the issue! Had to Google the number to get it.
So sorry to read this. Hope you reach resolution quickly and painlessly.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Once we found the phone number, it was fine, especially since no merchandise had been bought yet. I just couldn't shop because our account was frozen, lol!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unlike most of you, I racked up.

We are redoing our kitchen and first floor. So, I bought a couple of things that I need for the job.

I bought a Waste King Legend TC 9980 batch garbage disposal. It was $277 on Sunday, I got it for $199 on prime day.

I also bought a 18" built in wine cooler. It was $699, but I got it for $419.

Furthermore, we bought a Nespress Virtuo Evolution with 30 pods for $99. ( Most places sell for $249 with no pods)

Lastly, on a whim I bought a ancestory DNA kit for $50.

Joe

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoy, Joe!

Not to piddle on your purchase, but allow me to ask this question about these DNA testing services. Joe, are you (or anyone) concerned about your DNA being housed/stored (whatever the proper term is here) with a for profit company? What is to stop this company from selling your DNA to their clients for whatever purposes they may want? For example, might a pharmaceutical company want to purchase a warehouse full of identified DNA and scan it for possible markers of diseases for which that pharmaceutical has a cure?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Amazon Prime Day Shopping Topped $4 Billion, Analyst Estimates
By Spencer Soper/ Technology/ News/ Bloomberg/ bloomberg.com

"Shoppers spent $4.2 billion during Amazon.com Inc.’s Prime Day sale, up 33 percent from a year ago, according to estimates from Wedbush Securities Inc. analyst Michael Pachter.

The online retailer doesn’t disclose revenue from the 36-hour event that began Monday. Pachter based his estimate on information the company did release, including that it shipped more than 100 million products and that small and mid-sized businesses sold over $1 billion worth of goods in the first 24 hours. Amazon’s web store features its own merchandise as well as products from more than 2 million independent merchants who pay Amazon commissions and fees for storage, delivery and selling on the platform.

Pachter’s estimate tops a pre-event prediction of $3.4 billion from Coresight Research, and reinforces early projections that Amazon overcame technical glitches that thwarted some shoppers at the start of the sale. Many consumers were disappointed when they couldn’t add products to their carts or their attempts to search for goods prompted an error page featuring dog photos.

The fastest-growing categories were pet products, sporting goods, groceries and beauty, showing that the event isn’t limited to door-buster deals on televisions and electronics, according to Feedvisor, which sells product-pricing software used by Amazon merchants.

Richard

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy, Joe!

Not to piddle on your purchase, but allow me to ask this question about these DNA testing services. Joe, are you (or anyone) concerned about your DNA being housed/stored (whatever the proper term is here) with a for profit company? What is to stop this company from selling your DNA to their clients for whatever purposes they may want? For example, might a pharmaceutical company want to purchase a warehouse full of identified DNA and scan it for possible markers of diseases for which that pharmaceutical has a cure?

We just did the ancestry.com one. When you sign up you are given options. I gave permission for my results to be shared with research organizations without my name associated with it and nothing else. If your name is associated then relatives can contact you when found. There does have to be some trust in that they will do what they say. With a contract though they would be liable if it is discovered. Your example though in my mind is a reason to allow it be shared not kept away from them. My worry is that DNA markers as you say can be used for denial of health or life insurance. I know there is some risk there, but I am not sure we have much privacy anymore anyway.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We just did the ancestry.com one. When you sign up you are given options. I gave permission for my results to be shared with research organizations without my name associated with it and nothing else. If your name is associated then relatives can contact you when found. There does have to be some trust in that they will do what they say. With a contract though they would be liable if it is discovered. Your example though in my mind is a reason to allow it be shared not kept away from them. My worry is that DNA markers as you say can be used for denial of health or life insurance. I know there is some risk there, but I am not sure we have much privacy anymore anyway.

They've recently started solving "cold cases" by using DNA from these databases. One I just heard about, they used the DNA to narrow their search down to two brothers. They did a bit of investigating, and arrested one for the crime. (He allegedly killed a 10 year old girl who was on her way to her friends house about thirty years ago. A sad situation, but finally is bringing closure to her family.)

Does that sort of thing violate any kind of trust? I don't know. I've done the test, and I don't care what they do with the results. I'm also an organ donor. If my parts can help someone else, or my DNA can help improve the life of someone else, I'm good with that. The way I live my life every day applies here: As my Mom always told me, "If you always tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said." :)

Dave