• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Alternate ID accepted by TSA -- a Costco card!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Found this interesting comment on Worldmark Facebook:

I lost my driver’s license at the airport on my way to Bellingham Wa. TSA cleared me without a license but La Quinta would not allow me to check in. They would not accept the other I D that was acceptable to TSA.

• What alternative ID?

• Can you believe my Kaiser Card and Costco ID (because there’s a picture).

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I remember reading about someone doing that a few years ago. I never expected to use this tip, but last year I had to use my Costco card at the airport because I left my driver's license in my car when I took my dog to the dog park, and we drove my husband's car to the airport the next day. You do have to get a pat-down, but that beats the heck out of missing your flight.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good ol' Costco! LOL! Actually, I think a lot of cards might work. I know a woman who lost her ID in Las Vegas. The only thing she had was an American Express card, with her picture on the back. She used that at the airport to get home.

Dave

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Found this interesting comment on Worldmark Facebook:
I lost my driver’s license at the airport... TSA cleared me without a license but La Quinta would not allow me to check in. They would not accept the ID that was acceptable to TSA.

When the clerk asked for an ID at a Hampton, I handed it over, but said:
"Do you think someone else going to try to check-in using my name?"

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I assume that Costco card and other alternate IDs won't be accepted beginning Oct 1, 2020 when one will need a REAL ID for TSA.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I assume that Costco card and other alternate IDs won't be accepted beginning Oct 1, 2020 when one will need a REAL ID for TSA.

Probably not.

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
My guess is they will still follow the current protocol. ID required to pass freely, but if not, enhanced verification procedures will follow.

My wife lost her DL on a return trip, but had multiple other forms of ID in her wallet which matched name on her ticket and all of us on a mutual reservation, and they let her fly.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
It seems to me that Tony Soprano lost his DL on an episode where he'd traveled, maybe to the west coast? Don't remember why he ended up without ID, but it took most of the episode to get back home.