TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

ALMOST Hyatt owners.... with 3000 CUP that turn week 31

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by gilbbr, Jun 27, 2018.

1. gilbbr

gilbbr Guest

We expect to be owners of a new Hyatt timeshare soon. We will have almost 3000 points that will turn into LCUP week 31.... SO, I am trying to plan now on what we should/can do with them.

Can we transfer 1/2 into II this late in the booking season based on we 31? We could use these to try to snag a decent Orlando resort in October, and a Destin resort in May.

We are planing to travel to Colorado (asking recommendations in another post), so we will try to use the CUP for that for both This summer and next summer. We also take a yearly trip to the Florida panhandle and will be going to WDW in October. We live in Texas, so we could always visit the Wild Oaks Ranch for a few long weekends as well..... I would HATE for these points to go to waste, but we also need to plan for our points that will be released on week 31 as HRPP.

Thanks for the help!!!! I am so excited, I cant wait to actually get into the system and start planning!

I would love to hear how you use your points, and get recommendations or ideas on what to expect when we finally get in!

2. DAman

DAman TUG Member

You are allowed to transfer your points to EEE for use in II for the first two months of CUP. If you are about to have your points go into LCUP your are too late to transfer.

If you get the points while still in CUP make your reservations because you can book anything that's available internally as long as you have the points.

I had a similar issue and I used my LCUP points at Highlands Inn and lost a few too. They were a bonus that showed up when my account was set up. It was a good problem to have. Use them for Wild Oaks and just enjoy! Better than to let them go to waste.

As to your new HRPP points start to develop your plan. Hyatt sends out emails that warn your of certain time deadlines. I set up my own calendar warnings.

You want to make sure to never let your points go to LCUP again. If I have leftovers I transfer them to EEE in March every year-from what you indicate your last date to transfer is in April. Now I have a problem of what to do with a bunch of points and new ones on the way myself. And Hyatt has good trading power in II.

3. gilbbr

gilbbr Guest

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking. That we were too late to exchange into II, so we should just spend our "gift" of points by splurging a bit. In the future, I definitely plan to leverage our points to maximize the number of trips we take, while not sacrificing comfort too much. We are used to staying in average hotels, so I think a great majority of the units we trade into, even if just a studio, would be an upgrade, if selected wisely.

I have 3 more questions.

1st: Once booked, can a vacation be changed (when outside of the CUP period) to different dates if available? Or are you committed?

2nd: Can you book Any Hyatt Resort, or Trade into II during your HRPP? If our week is # 31, and we decide early on to forgo that week can we try to exchange AND vacation into a ski week or beach week before our deeded week 31?

3rd: Will the Hyatt exchange system automatically select the best points that apply to your reservations. ie, use LCUP if applicable (60 days or sooner) , then CUP then HRPP? OR do you need to manually select what points to use?

I greatly appreciate anyones willingness to answer, and hope this may help clarify so ideas that I have :)

4. DAman

DAman TUG Member

1. Yes for a cancel fee and New reservation fee.

2. Yes. But you won’t be able to do ongoing search due to the nature of the points. To do ongoing search in II the points have to be in EEE.

3. That’s what a Hyatt rep told me. I’m fairly certain it worked for me too. I have several different buckets of points and my last II exchange took the correct points.

My wife enjoys the splurge of Hyatt. I’m hoping to get some ski time this winter.

gilbbr likes this.