• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All Season Resort Europa - Barbados

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
We will be traveling to Barbados first time very soon because our beloved TS on St Maarten/ St Martin was damaged by hurricane Irma and is not ready to take in guests yet.
Can any of you share tips on vacationing on Barbados, points of interest, transportation etc. Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Barbados has a good and cheap bus system. However, if you really want to get out and explore, rent a car. I know that driving on the left sounds scary, but it wasn't as bad as we expected it to be and only took a day to get used to it. Though getting used to some of the roundabouts was a bit more of a challenge. However, the drivers are mostly pretty curious and they know a rental car when they see it (based on license plate), so they tend to give you more room and have more patience. Getting around Barbados by car is very easy and there is so much so see. Try to get to the north and east costs as there are some incredible sights and the driving is pretty easy once you get away from the south and west coasts. If you want to see some tips for driving in Barbados, check out the video we have on it in the "Watch our Travel Videos" link in my signature. We also did an entire vlog series from our trip that is also on our YouTube channel.

The great thing about where you are staying is that it is on the West Coast with all the fantastic beaches. We spent a day at Alleynes Beach and had a great time. Smooth clear water. You should be able to go up and down the coast easily enough by bus. There is also Massy supermarket not too far north from your resort where. Don't expect any bargain prices at the supermarket as the cost of groceries is very expensive in Barbados. However, rum is apparently cheap. If you can opt for non American brand options for some of the items you are looking for, get those instead as they will be considerably cheaper. Example, Oreos were probably about $12 a bag where we could get a regional brand, Nuevas Festival Recreos, for closer to $4-$5. Milk however was about $8 for a half gallon.

We had a great time in Barbados in May, even though there were seaweed issues on the east and south coasts. I would expect much of that to be cleared out this time of year.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silverado II, CO
Thanks for valuable advice. We tested our left side driving on St Croix and will probably use public transportation if available near Resort. Groceries will not be a problem, we are not fixated on US food at all. Do you have a suggestion how to get to Resort from the airport?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would expect busses to run up and down the main road on the west coast fairly regularly. Cost is cheap, I think it was $2BBD ($1 USD) per person per trip. As for getting from the airport, I think a taxi is perhaps the best option. I don't know the cost, but if you ask in the Barbados TripAdvisor forum, there are a number of regulars and locals that should be able to give you an idea.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.gaia.bb/content/taxi-rates-airport
The above link shows cost in Barbados $ for taxi costs.

All Season Europa is just up the street from the main coast road. There are big blue buses and yellow buses that go up and down this road. This main coast road, (highway 1) goes all the way up past Holetown to Speightstown. Buses will also take you into Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados. There are many restaurants in this entire area, - Zaccios, Surfiside Beach Bar, Just Grillin’. If you are interested in visiting the East Coast side of the island, then I would suggest renting a vehicle for a few days and visiting those areas.

There are many areas you can visit. What are your interests.
Harrison’s Caves, Orchid World, Hunte’s Gardens run by Mr. Hunte in a beautiful area, and if he is around would be more than happy to share a drink of rum with you, Adromeda Gardens. On the south coast is St. Lawrence Gap where there are many restaurant choices, there is also the famous Oistins Fish Fry, which takes place in the Oistins fish market. Excellent bar-b-qued fish, held every evening of the week, with Sat. being the busiest, very reasonably priced.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silverado II, CO
Airport to resort transportation was easy, U$ 30 or B$58. Weather is nice, resort little dated, clean and walking distance to beautiful beaches and decent grocery store. We have yet to try public buses.