• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ALL INVENTORY GONE!!!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not temp Mr. Brown, he just might take you up on your suggestion.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Inexcusable. Fire them all! Start over with new IT department and corporate heads. These folks are incompetent.

WYN's stock is up over 40% this year; stockholders are clearly happy with how things are being run.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Has anyone else ever wondered if the lack of availability at so many resorts is because Wyndham resort management is cutting back on staffing, housekeeping and maintenance workers to keep expenses down at certain times of year to get bigger bonuses for themselves. There have been so many times that we've been told that a resort is completely full and seen plenty of empty parking spaces, hardly anyone else in the halls or elevators and few people at the pool. If you'd never stayed at a particular resort before you might not recognize the difference between a "full resort" according to Wyndham and that resort when it is truly full.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham doesn't pay anything, we do, the owners. They collect our money, and pays out of the money they collect from us, and also keeps their piece of the pie. Keeping inventory offline benefits Extra Holidays, which in turn benefits Wyndham in around about way.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever wondered if the lack of availability at so many resorts is because Wyndham resort management is cutting back on staffing, housekeeping and maintenance workers to keep expenses down at certain times of year to get bigger bonuses for themselves. There have been so many times that we've been told that a resort is completely full and seen plenty of empty parking spaces, hardly anyone else in the halls or elevators and few people at the pool. If you'd never stayed at a particular resort before you might not recognize the difference between a "full resort" according to Wyndham and that resort when it is truly full.

I have seen that numerous times since May 20. Horrible website. But empty rooms still pay the Wyndham corporate folks as we pay our MF whether or not we can get a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
    • Wyndham Bonnet Creek inventory Appears to be back starting in January. a 1 bedroom Upgraded to a 2 bedroom.

• January 2018 etc is showing availability including a instant upgrade.
  • CHECK-IN Jan 14, 2018 4pm
  • CHECK OUT Jan 17, 2018 10am
  • PRICE
    More Information
    45,000 22,500 Points
Congrats! An Upgrade Is Currently Available.

Take advantage of your VIP unit upgrade benefit! Please choose one of the upgrade options below for this reservation and complete your booking — it's that easy.

Please request a VIP upgrade opt-in (choose one): UPGRADE NOW

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have seen that numerous times since May 20. Horrible website. But empty rooms still pay the Wyndham corporate folks as we pay our MF whether or not we can get a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've seen supposedly full resorts with maybe only 50-65% of the units actually occupied numerous times well before the new website too.

We, like many other owners, are sick of hearing the VC's and resort's front desk people repeat the b.s. they've been told by Wyndham to tell us. I know that they are just the employees who have to say what they are told to say but I find it highly offensive that Wyndham thinks we are stupid enough to actually believe that b.s. I know that we live in a very litigious society so Wyndham can't really come right out and say they made a mistake or made a poor decision. I just wish they put as much money and effort into actually doing something that would be of benefit as they do into spinning situations, circumventing responsibility, looking for more ways to get into our pockets, etc.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
    • Wyndham Bonnet Creek inventory Appears to be back starting in January. a 1 bedroom Upgraded to a 2 bedroom.

• January 2018 etc is showing availability including a instant upgrade.
  • CHECK-IN Jan 14, 2018 4pm
  • CHECK OUT Jan 17, 2018 10am
  • PRICE
    More Information
    45,000 22,500 Points
Congrats! An Upgrade Is Currently Available.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...eek-2017-inventory-no-rooms-available.264917/

Thanks for posting, but this isn't "new news". Bonnet Creek inventory has been there for 2018. It was the 2017 that went missing on Nov 10th.

It appears that different issues/situations are occurring at different resorts. Implying WYN is more in control of the situation than one might think. Someone knows what is going on and is pulling the inventory (or returning it) as they desire.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...eek-2017-inventory-no-rooms-available.264917/

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We've seen supposedly full resorts with maybe only 50-65% of the units actually occupied numerous times well before the new website too.

We, like many other owners, are sick of hearing the VC's and resort's front desk people repeat the b.s. they've been told by Wyndham to tell us. I know that they are just the employees who have to say what they are told to say but I find it highly offensive that Wyndham thinks we are stupid enough to actually believe that b.s. I know that we live in a very litigious society so Wyndham can't really come right out and say they made a mistake or made a poor decision. I just wish they put as much money and effort into actually doing something that would be of benefit as they do into spinning situations, circumventing responsibility, looking for more ways to get into our pockets, etc.
I wonder if the Florida DBPR (if they are the 'governing' entity) would be of any assistance? In the interest of overseeing and governing this dirty timeshare industry, I would think someone could require some type of report such as 'rooms available to book' versus actual capacity. I suppose hurricanes and maintenance issues offer them sympathetic reasons to explain why rooms aren't available, and it would get complicated. But it sure is frustrating as an owner to feel at WYN's mercy to be fair and it sure doesn't feel like they are.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closest thing I am aware of is what is called a occupancy rate that is often used. Whether this is public information or not I do not know.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
WYN's stock is up over 40% this year; stockholders are clearly happy with how things are being run.

I though that 6 years ago after the big run up. I lost that battle.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of the increase is on the backs of owners. Wyndham snatches up high demand locations and high demand time frames to rent through Wyndham Extra Holidays leaving us the leftovers. I have mixed emotions. I benefited from the stock increases, but many locations I want to stay at I have to rent through Extra Holidays which makes my points useless at times while maintenance fees continue to be paid.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And now... all kinds of rooms at Bonnet Creek Nov 21-Dec 21. Where did those come from?

:shrug:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No doubt from all the posts on this and other threads on TUG. Maybe they are not liking what they read.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No doubt from all the posts on this and other threads on TUG. Maybe they are not liking what they read.

I doubt they are that worried about our grumblings. . . if they were, things on the piece of crap website would have been repaired months ago. More likely, it is simply that the inventory they have been holding for the rooms in South Florida being cancelled (to move owners to other resorts) is no longer needed. At least for the next couple of weeks.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope I am right and you are wrong. However, if I were a betting person, I would bet you are right and against me.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Gone already.
So, I have a theory... I can't speak to all resorts, but we've seen this at Bonnet Creek before. Absolutely nothing available, then for a short window it's like Christmas in July and all kinds of rooms are available, and in a matter of minutes, we're back to nothing available. Do they need to open the inventory up so someone (extra holidays or another rental arm) can book what they need, and then shut the dates down again?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The thought occurred to me. It could be a version of what one real estate agent referred as a one day wonder. That is where a agent has a buyer before the multi-list listing but they have to list it before they sell it. So they list it on day 1 and sell it to the pre-arranged buyer the next day.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I have a theory... I can't speak to all resorts, but we've seen this at Bonnet Creek before. Absolutely nothing available, then for a short window it's like Christmas in July and all kinds of rooms are available, and in a matter of minutes, we're back to nothing available. Do they need to open the inventory up so someone (extra holidays or another rental arm) can book what they need, and then shut the dates down again?

no

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

It is plausible, but I do not believe that the inventory needs to be opened up for Wyndham to seize whatever they want, whenever they want it. The episode we have all just experienced illustrates that. In this case, other resorts could not accommodate all travelers due to storm damage, so Wyndham seized all available inventory at Bonnet Creek and others to use this to offer to impacted owners. Once the owners had their accommodations secured, Wyndham released the inventory and our feeding frenzy began.

I have been told by numerous resort managers that Wyndham routinely does this to facilitate renovation delays, etc. and to use for their own purposes. So, in essence, we are competing with Big Brother to get our rooms and guess what, we lose. They have the back end access and can freeze us out whenever it suits their purpose.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
But there is nothing in December. Not one single orphan. They left the available rooms for the remainder of November. I suspect they opened tower 3 (that was behind in renovations), that would explain why rooms opened up for Thanksgiving week. But it does not explain opening up December and then closing it up again (unless it was an error on their part)?

upload_2017-11-22_7-28-29.png

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It is plausible, but I do not believe that the inventory needs to be opened up for Wyndham to seize whatever they want, whenever they want it. The episode we have all just experienced illustrates that. In this case, other resorts could not accommodate all travelers due to storm damage, so Wyndham seized all available inventory at Bonnet Creek and others to use this to offer to impacted owners. Once the owners had their accommodations secured, Wyndham released the inventory and our feeding frenzy began.

I have been told by numerous resort managers that Wyndham routinely does this to facilitate renovation delays, etc. and to use for their own purposes. So, in essence, we are competing with Big Brother to get our rooms and guess what, we lose. They have the back end access and can freeze us out whenever it suits their purpose.
Yeah, maybe they accidentally opened up December when they opened Tower 3. It was a quick 30 minutes :)