• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice request for London through II

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
My wife and I are planning a month long trip to the UK for the Sept/Oct 2018 time frame and are wondering what the chances are for a London week anytime in that timeframe. We have our deposit and request in place (with the optional E Plus) but the only place that II showed as a possibility was Marriott's 47 Park Place Grand Residence. With an internet rate of around $1000 a night, we have our doubts if there is even a possibility of this being filled, although we would love to get it.
Does anyone have any feel for the odds of this happening? I've gotten Marriotts before with lesser trades but I just can't see being able to get this trade even with the early request and going during the shoulder season.
Tell me I'm wrong.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Your odds are 0%. It is listed because members who own there can be a part of II through the destinations club. Marriott would control the deposits and even if an owner deposited (which is incredibly unlikely), Marriott would deposit something else). There has never been a sighting for this resort.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Thanks tschwa2, I'd rather be grounded in reality and be making other plans.

Kdjk5467

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this still the case? Never has anyone exchanged into Marriott's 47 Park Place Grand Residence? No II anywhere in London, then?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing in London. Rent from AirBnB or HomeAway and stay right where you want to be.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Your odds are 0%. It is listed because members who own there can be a part of II through the destinations club. Marriott would control the deposits and even if an owner deposited (which is incredibly unlikely), Marriott would deposit something else). There has never been a sighting for this resort.
Are there any other resorts in II that you know of that are impossible to get?

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did see 47 Park Place about 2 days after 09/11 NEVER again. Maintenance fees in there r sky high, and most members owning in there stay there and have a block of time.

ladyydoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Dawn Beach Club, St. Maarten
Is this still the case? Never has anyone exchanged into Marriott's 47 Park Place Grand Residence? No II anywhere in London, then?
I was trying to exchange to London, also, but the only resort available to " request" is the 47 Park Street by Marriot Grand Residence. The thing is, even though it has a resort code, it's nowhere in the resort directory. There are six other resorts listed for London, but NONE of them are available to " request".....and the person who I spoke with at II couldn't give me a reason as to why none of them can be requested. Makes no sense.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
What did you end up doing? Did you go to London?

It looked like the chances of London were between slim and none, so I use the deposit for something else. Our UK trip was put back a year as our long time English friends we were to travel with, ended up postponing retirement to this year. I've already booked a week in Wales and a week in the Lake District for Sept/Oct. I'm hoping to book two more weeks in England.

JuliGee

Reaction score
There used to be two more timeshare properties in London, The Sloane Gardens Club and Allen House, and I believe they are not around anymore. Even when they were around it was extremely difficult to get an exchange into London. Other than Marriott, which is a non-starter unless you own there, are there any other timeshares?

Juli