• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice for Ft. Myers/Naples/Sanibel area

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
My opinion is the prices for those weeks are way overpriced as the two weeks you are looking at have lower, trading value because they are in less demand times. Be patient, make sure you are comfortable with the price and do not assume what you pay you will get back. Assume you will have to give it away when you no longer want it. Even if today it has value, next year it might not.

If you look at sharket.com you can see price ranges. Lots of units have sold. You can’t tell which weeks but my assumption is off weeks are in the lower range.

I can only compare this to Marco Island in pricepoints which is about a 1/2 hour away. I got a week 50 at hgvc surf club, 2 br , from a fellow tugger for free. I got a week 51 at sunrise Bay, 1 br, from a fellow tugger for free. I purchased an off week, week range you are looking for, at Sunrise Bay for $1000 including closing costs from the association and with this one I felt I overpaid but was ok with that. I accept when I no longer want it I will be giving it away. At lower price ranges these units are being offered, I got winter flex weeks at eagles nest at Marco Island 2 br and surf club at Marco Island 2br.

Have you visited the timeshare in the area? If not, on your next visit, visit them all. Speak to the managers , they know about HOA sales and people selling. If you go visit a week you want to buy and walk the pool area and talk to owners you might find out one of them wants to sell. This happened to me for a week 50 at a sanibel resort. Just talking three owners told me they would sell if I was interested. I got the free hgvc surf club instead.
Thank you for the info on sharket.com, didn't even know that existed... Great idea, I think I will visit some of the others I'm interested in and talk to the management... I appreciate all of the info and great idea about talking to the folks at the pool area...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't panic, at those prices those weeks will still be on sale a year from now. You'll eventually be able to pick them up from the estate executor.
So funny, yes, I feel that these weeks will still be for sale next year.....LOL

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I know about the area:

Cheapest will definitely be a points reservation via Bluegreen. You can get BG points almost anywhere, just get em where you can cheapest. They have quite a few affiliate resorts in the area. The real question is availability. I'm not part of the system, so others would have to chime in.

There's the HGVCs in Sanibel/captiva. Those will probably be big bucks. Hyatt Coconut looks real nice too.

The last place I just stayed in was Coral Shores in North Reddington. When I stayed there I was just north of the red tide, but it looks like it has recently swooped into that area too. Coral Shores was quite nice, but quiet. If you consider it, DO NOT buy a studio, as it is way too cramped. The 1 and two BR looked awesome, and the place is kept meticuously clean.

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m looking specifically at Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor in Naples. I made two offers on different units. One for week 50 and one for week 48. One was listed at $6,500 and the other at $8,000 and neither seller would budge on the price. The realtor told me both have been for sale for over a year. So frustrating

I own at Vanderbilt Beach and Harbour, the last for sale list I looked at back in August had 2 week 50's listed. 1 was 2500 the other 3500. both in the bay side building. Thought these were fair asking prices.

Good luck in your search
Mike

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own at Vanderbilt Beach and Harbour, the last for sale list I looked at back in August had 2 week 50's listed. 1 was 2500 the other 3500. both in the bay side building. Thought these were fair asking prices.

Good luck in your search
Mike
Hi Mike:

Thank you so much for your input. I made an offer on 2 gulf side units and both of those units were over $6,500 in asking price.

Can I ask is the bay side as nice as the gulf side? Thank you also for stating that you felt the prices on the bay side were fair and reasonable.

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it is as nice. Most people seem to prefer the Gulf side for the view. I own on the Gulf side but, would not hesitate to purchase on the Bay side. The views of the Bay and homes and boats is just fine in my opinion. When I'm there I used the Bay side pool in the mornings 10-12:30 or so because the sun on the Gulf side pool is blocked by the building till about 12:30 or so. There are grills on both sides. I don't think you would be disappointed either way.

Mike

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it is as nice. Most people seem to prefer the Gulf side for the view. I own on the Gulf side but, would not hesitate to purchase on the Bay side. The views of the Bay and homes and boats is just fine in my opinion. When I'm there I used the Bay side pool in the mornings 10-12:30 or so because the sun on the Gulf side pool is blocked by the building till about 12:30 or so. There are grills on both sides. I don't think you would be disappointed either way.

Mike
We are booked dec 15 thru RCI. Glad to hear the bay side is nice too. We live about twenty minutes away, and would consider owning also. We have stayed three times at the timeshare a few doors down, and my cousin does monthly rental at the north end of the road , across from Delnor Wiggins

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Mike
Mike:

Thank you for the information, I think I will call the realtor I was working with and see what bay side unit’s are available

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is situation with beach chairs and umbrellas. Bring your own rent or available free?

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is situation with beach chairs and umbrellas. Bring your own rent or available free?

There is a beach attendant on site that rents beach chairs/umbrellas and a few other things. Don't remember the cost, remember it was fairly reasonable something like $15. for 2 chairs and umbrella for the day.

They also have a couple of pontoon boats for rent from the bay side dock, either by the half day or full day, something around $85. half day, $150. full day. There are also complimentary bikes available for guest use.

Mike

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a beach attendant on site that rents beach chairs/umbrellas and a few other things. Don't remember the cost, remember it was fairly reasonable something like $15. for 2 chairs and umbrella for the day.

They also have a couple of pontoon boats for rent from the bay side dock, either by the half day or full day, something around $85. half day, $150. full day. There are also complimentary bikes available for guest use.

Mike

Mike: Do you have to reserve the pontoon boats in advance of your visit, or just make the reservation at check in?

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably best to call the resort and ask them. I've haven't rented them in my past visits, keep thinking about it just haven't done it yet. They don't seem to be leaving the dock constantly, probably depends on what time of year your there.

Mike