• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adult Vaccinations

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right. This is not a Medicare issue. It is totally a totally irresponsible Son and irresponsible Mother issue. My only point in telling my story was to point out the small cost differential between the PPO and HMO policies at least with Blue Cross Blue Shield in Illinois...

George
George, I hear you. To me, you were asking why anyone with a choice would choose an HMO plan.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
From the Federal Department of Health & Human Services: Flu and other vaccines are required to be covered by your health insurance without charging a copayment or coinsurance. ... Some insurance plans only cover vaccines given by your doctor or at a limited set of locations.

It appears the $70 is because it is at a location not covered by the insurance plan.

This is so strange. He started at his doctor who sent him to an infusion center. That's where he was first hit with the $70. Back to his doctor tomorrow, but I think he has to pay one way or the other so I opt for Vons and a 10% off coupon.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
From the Federal Department of Health & Human Services: Flu and other vaccines are required to be covered by your health insurance without charging a copayment or coinsurance. ... Some insurance plans only cover vaccines given by your doctor or at a limited set of locations.

It appears the $70 is because it is at a location not covered by the insurance plan.

I work at a major tech company. We have great health insurance. I get my flu shot at Rite Aid, and its no cost to me. But every year they schedule some company to come onsite at work to offer the flu shot, that costs $25.00 and insurance does not cover the onsite shot.

I guess i lot of people like the ease of getting their shot at work, and will pay for the convenience.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always get my flu shot at Redi Clinic (located inside my grocery store) simply because is so much easier than going to my doctor.

But this year I got my shot at Target because they were giving away $5 Target coupon. I visit Target as often as I visit the grocery store.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I work at a major tech company. We have great health insurance. I get my flu shot at Rite Aid, and its no cost to me. But every year they schedule some company to come onsite at work to offer the flu shot, that costs $25.00 and insurance does not cover the onsite shot.

I guess i lot of people like the ease of getting their shot at work, and will pay for the convenience.
My daughter works for a large organization with great benefits. They brought someone in to give flue shots............free.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Has anyone ever had a bad reaction to vaccinations? I got my flu shot yesterday along with my pneumonia shot and I was miserable last night with chills, nausea, and headache. I was so chilled last night that I took a 30min hot shower then climbed into bed with my heated mattress pad turned up to high, and I was still shaking. I feel a bit better this morning - the chills are gone - but I am still queasy and have a headache. I'm just wondering how long these symptoms will last.

I honestly wanted to wait to get the shots since I am in the middle of a flare (rheumatoid arthritis) but my rheumatologist said no problem to get the shots. I left him a message to let him know what was going on but I haven't heard back yet. Oh well. I guess it was my turn. I've never had a reaction before.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Has anyone ever had a bad reaction to vaccinations? I got my flu shot yesterday along with my pneumonia shot and I was miserable last night with chills, nausea, and headache. I was so chilled last night that I took a 30min hot shower then climbed into bed with my heated mattress pad turned up to high, and I was still shaking. I feel a bit better this morning - the chills are gone - but I am still queasy and have a headache. I'm just wondering how long these symptoms will last.

I honestly wanted to wait to get the shots since I am in the middle of a flare (rheumatoid arthritis) but my rheumatologist said no problem to get the shots. I left him a message to let him know what was going on but I haven't heard back yet. Oh well. I guess it was my turn. I've never had a reaction before.

I had the first shot of the shingles vaccine yesterday afternoon. I woke up at 4:30 this morning feeling sore and achy. I wasn’t able to go back to sleep and finally got up at 6. I took some Advil and have started feeling a little better but still tired and a little achy. I’ve never had a reaction this strong but I have had less severe reactions to the flu shot once or twice. I had read another thread on this board that many people are having reactions to the Shingrix vaccine so I’m not surprised and it is better than actually having shingles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my first dose of shingles vaccine on Tuesday, felt achy that night and woke up Wednesday feeling absolutely miserable with full-on flu symptoms. Achy, ears hurting, headache, chills. I cannot remember the last time I felt that ill. I had to cancel a volunteer slot I had signed up to do. Today, Thursday, I am pretty much back to normal, just a little puny. My arm is inflamed with a big red hard spot the size of a bottom of a wine bottle. I would advise getting the vaccine when you have nothing going on for the next few days afterward, in case you react the way I did. But then there is my husband who had the shingles vaccine and the flu vaccine the same day and had very few side effects. So obviously, your mileage may vary.

I was at my MD's for a routine check-up and asked if I could be put on the vaccine wait list. My MD asked if I wanted it that day and I said yes! I was surprised they had it. So much for the shortage. Ask and you shall receive:).

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Please get the flu vaccine. My brother in law got the flu last year and has ended up with a poor functioning heart at 48. Pacemaker and Defib and who knows how long he will make it. The flu can kill young old and in between

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please get the flu vaccine. My brother in law got the flu last year and has ended up with a poor functioning heart at 48. Pacemaker and Defib and who knows how long he will make it. The flu can kill young old and in between

Already did, thanks for the reminder though. Scary story, hope your brother-in-law is doing OK.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
He is doing well. Everyone was amazed by him as they watched his EKG. They couldn’t believe how comfortable and calm he was with 10% of his heart functioning.

Someone is on his side as he had a recent accident on a (normally)very busy freeway in SoCal where he lost consciousness crossed the freeway and crashed into a brick wall and walked away with only a totaled car and no innocents involved. But he can no longer drive based on the incident. Some new meds and a fine tuning on his defibrillator and he is the happiest pessimist you’ll ever meet.

A great guy and my sister deserves him to stick around. A heart damaged by a virus can experience some improvement so he has gone from an early diagnosis of 10% function to 30%.

No concrete survival numbers from anyone or if when he might need a transplant.

Definitely a cautionary tale of why to get a flu shot.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
First time I ever had a flu shot years ago was at a Dr office and I knew our flu shot was covered. What I didn't know is the Dr I was seeing charged extra for giving the shot. From then on I always had it done at Safeway which my plan covered and no fee from the pharmacist.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you need a flu shot and don't have insurance coverage (we have short-term insurance plans at the moment and thus pretty much nothing is covered) - Walgreen's has a coupon so you can get one for $25.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This is so strange. He started at his doctor who sent him to an infusion center. That's where he was first hit with the $70. Back to his doctor tomorrow, but I think he has to pay one way or the other so I opt for Vons and a 10% off coupon.

The front desk person at our GP's office (she is fabulous, Dr. Shah will be in a world of hurt if Irene retires) made some calls for Cliff. The regular free vaccine is still free. It is the dose for the elderly that they want to charge him $70 for -- so he's headed back to get a regular flu shot.