• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

adding points

jbug423

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BLT Mayan Palace
We have a 160 pt contract at BLT, we used to take the kids out of school in November now that they are getting older we are planning to use April break for our vacations. April is peak time and increased points. We want to add points and are not sure what to look for. We want to stay at BLT but would also like to try BWV or BCV. If we add on 100 pts at BWV can we use all 260 pts within the 7-11 month time frame points? Or to use 260 pts at BWV does our 160 pts at BLT need to be banked first to use at BWV? In general, wondering if, when adding on points, is it best to get a contract with the same month as the original contract? We would like to be able to use all combined points annually and book as early as possible at either resort.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
You can book at any resort at 7 months with any points. Each resort retains its 11 mth booking window. The biggest benefit to having 1 UY is having everything on 1 reservation and not getting extra orphan points--such as a random points that aren't enough to book without banking/borrowing. I have AKV and HHI with different UY (due to HHI not having my UY when I wanted to add on). I have lost 3-5 points in various years with orphans that if I had the same UY might have been able to be utilized. not significant enough to worry about. But, if the same UY is available, it's better.
You might consider resale for your next contract. If you think you'll use at BLT at least 50%, I would get another BLT to use all for BLT at 11 mth booking window. 100 points at BCV or BWV is unlikely to be enough for premium Easter except EOY. The cheapest option is SSR. We have been going Easter for many years. It does not get as full as Christmas as spring breaks are spread out and costs more points. We have had a number of options at 7 mths. But, I would want a sure bet at BLT and then try to switch at 7 mths to other resorts.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a 160 pt contract at BLT, we used to take the kids out of school in November now that they are getting older we are planning to use April break for our vacations. April is peak time and increased points. We want to add points and are not sure what to look for. We want to stay at BLT but would also like to try BWV or BCV. If we add on 100 pts at BWV can we use all 260 pts within the 7-11 month time frame points? Or to use 260 pts at BWV does our 160 pts at BLT need to be banked first to use at BWV? In general, wondering if, when adding on points, is it best to get a contract with the same month as the original contract? We would like to be able to use all combined points annually and book as early as possible at either resort.
I'd certainly get the same UY and title so they can be combined directly and online. As noted, you only get the 11 month window for points at THAT resort. I agree with resale, lots of ways to go. If you want BLT much of the time, adding on there is a good option. SSR will save you money if you're OK with picking up what you can and possibly staying at SSR at times. AKV will give you the home resort there plus savannah, value and concierge view options. BWV will give you the standard view there. You might also hold out until you see what the Riviera offerings and options are. Good luck.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you wish to go during Easter in a studio every other year then 100 points is enough. If you need anything larger then 100 points aren’t enough.

Unless you have specific needs for a different UY then it’s best to stick to the same.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
If we add on 100 pts at BWV can we use all 260 pts within the 7-11 month time frame points? Or to use 260 pts at BWV does our 160 pts at BLT need to be banked first to use at BWV? In general, wondering if, when adding on points, is it best to get a contract with the same month as the original contract? We would like to be able to use all combined points annually and book as early as possible at either resort.

I agree with the others that you can't mix pts at 11 months out.

It's the points that have home resort priority (and not you individually as the owner), so at 11 months out, BWV pts will stay sidelined for booking BLT until the 7 month window and vice-versa. Banking and borrowing BWV pts will not turn them into BLT pts. You need the right "currency" at 11 months out to book BWV, and BLT pts won't cut it.

What people with multiple resorts sometimes do, is use banking (and sometimes also borrowing) to use 2 years worth of pts from the BLT contract to book BLT at 11 months out in year 1 and then bank the BWV pts so they could use 2 years of BWV pts to book BWV at 11 months out in year 2. But they are not mixing from different contracts to do that.

Last edited:

jbug423

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BLT Mayan Palace
Thank you all you have answered my questions and were very helpfull