• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

adding people as owners to a cwp voi deeded mortage

b webber

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham bonnet creek florida
need some advice on the abilaty to add people to our deed. We would like to maintain our half and offer 1/4 interest to two other people. Has anyone done this? If not does anyone know if it can be done, how it could be done and what access would each owner have?

Thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
need some advice on the abilaty to add people to our deed. We would like to maintain our half and offer 1/4 interest to two other people. Has anyone done this? If not does anyone know if it can be done, how it could be done and what access would each owner have?

Thanks

Yes it is possible to add other people to your deeds. But you or they could also just buy a cheap resale deed and put their names along with one of both of your names on that deed. Just make sure you give the closing company your account number so the deed gets added to your account. You don't want the time delay and headache of fixing this if Wyndham would set up a new account. Everyone on the account has full access to the account and all the points. So that means you have to have a clear understanding of how many points those other people have use of and that no one will cancel anyone else's reservations. Or everyone has to agree that only one or two of you will be making the reservations for everyone. Each person on the account will have their own user name and password. But you wouldn't have to give them the account number or help them set up their usernames and passwords. They could still call in for help with that or to make reservations because the reps can look up the account number but they might not figure that out if you don't tell them.

I'm not clear on whether or not you still owe money on what you have. I don't know if you can add names to a deed that isn't paid for. But again you could add a resale deed with them on it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
you are selling the contract to yourself and two others

This will involve the creation of a new deed and recording it then sending a copy of the newly recorded deed to Wyndham

Each step in the process will cost some money

I’d contact LT transfers to handle it
Tell Mary I said hello

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
you are selling the contract to yourself and two others

This will involve the creation of a new deed and recording it then sending a copy of the newly recorded deed to Wyndham

Each step in the process will cost some money

I’d contact LT transfers to handle it
Tell Mary I said hello

Ron, will Wyndham allow the transfer of a deed that money is still owed on?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is money still owed on the property, it might be best to run the process through a attorney in the state the timeshare is located.

b webber

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham bonnet creek florida
Thank you all for this informative information. The wife has decided to payoff the mortgage. So I'm not sure what she has in mind. Does anyone really know what goes on in your wifes mind? Not me...LOL Once again thanks.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, will Wyndham allow the transfer of a deed that money is still owed on?

I have no idea. Never tried

What I do know is Worldmark does allow loan assumptions. I have done that

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one has the means they should payoff the mortgage asap.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wyndham loans are unassumable. They may let you add names to the deed, but I would not be sure how you would go about it. You would need to record another deed at least. I like Jan’s idea better where you buy a small resale contract that is in all your names, and have it added under your Wyndham member number.

EVGUY2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prospective Owner
Yes it is possible to add other people to your deeds. But you or they could also just buy a cheap resale deed and put their names along with one of both of your names on that deed. Just make sure you give the closing company your account number so the deed gets added to your account. You don't want the time delay and headache of fixing this if Wyndham would set up a new account. Everyone on the account has full access to the account and all the points. So that means you have to have a clear understanding of how many points those other people have use of and that no one will cancel anyone else's reservations. Or everyone has to agree that only one or two of you will be making the reservations for everyone. Each person on the account will have their own user name and password. But you wouldn't have to give them the account number or help them set up their usernames and passwords. They could still call in for help with that or to make reservations because the reps can look up the account number but they might not figure that out if you don't tell them.

I'm not clear on whether or not you still owe money on what you have. I don't know if you can add names to a deed that isn't paid for. But again you could add a resale deed with them on it.
Please tell me more regarding adding someone on the deed. Is there a fee for that? How do I get precise information on the process?