• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding Marriott Reward Number to II Marriott exchange.

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I just got off the phone with Member services and received credit for some missing II exchanges which got me into Platinum. Without this encouragement I may have just dropped the subject.
Sue

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Well, for the first time ever, I was told no when I wanted to attach my Titanium # to (3) Ford's Colony getaways in March. I had to do a couple of things. She was very help on the first two-unrelated to this. When I asked to get the Titanium # attached to the Ford's Colony stuff, she took the info and had to call a different dept. They refused to do it without explanation. I'm going to email and see what happens. Very frustrating.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, for the first time ever, I was told no when I wanted to attach my Titanium # to (3) Ford's Colony getaways in March. I had to do a couple of things. She was very help on the first two-unrelated to this. When I asked to get the Titanium # attached to the Ford's Colony stuff, she took the info and had to call a different dept. They refused to do it without explanation. I'm going to email and see what happens. Very frustrating.
Indeed, this should be a very simple and easily fulfilled request - good luck.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Agreed. In the past, its been a 30 second solve. I contacted the Bonvoy Lurker on Flyertalk to see what they can do.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

Done. Bonvoy Lurker on Flyertalk added it in about 10 mins.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Following my own posts--and if its covered somewhere else in here I apologize. I've been able to add my own Bonvoy number to three II exchanges in the Marriott.com website.

1) Login in to your Bonvoy account. (You will need the Marriott conf number from the II PDF)
2) Go to my trips. All of your current reservations will be there. Click "Don't see your reservation, search by confirmation number."
3) Enter Name, conf # and check in date. This should pull up the deposit in marriott.com system.
4) Scroll down and expand guest information. Add your Bonvoy number and save the updates.
5) You will get an email from Marriot.com with the updated reservation.

Hope it works for you. Been working great for me. No phone call run arounds anymore!

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just followed the instructions in the above post and it worked.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Jus tried doing this and it works for me ! Tried doing this a couple months ago and would kick my rewards number out and leave blank after clicking submit.

Thanks for the post as I would have never gone back and tried it again if it wasn't for your experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jus tried doing this and it works for me ! Tried doing this a couple months ago and would kick my rewards number out and leave blank after clicking submit.

Thanks for the post as I would have never gone back and tried it again if it wasn't for your experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This had always worked for me until this year.
I tried again last night for 3 upcoming Interval exchanges, but again it kicked my rewards number out and left it blank after clicking submit.
I had previously even contacted Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II on Flyertalk, as suggested, but they were unable to do it either saying
“Thank you for your message.
We are currently unable to add member account number to reservation after the reservation is booked due to system issue.”
Very strange that it works for some not for others?

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this supposed to work on an II getaway? The confirmation number on II certificate doesn't seem to exist in Marriott's system....

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this supposed to work on an II getaway? The confirmation number on II certificate doesn't seem to exist in Marriott's system....

Be sure you are entering the reservation number, not the II confirmation number.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is I only have one, the II number I suppose...

Just noticed you said getaway and I have never bought one of those.

For exchanges I get a confirmation certificate by email and there is the II confirmation number and also a box with all the resort info and a reservation number which is different.

Sorry I guess getaways are different.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

May have to call to get it if that's important this early, but you might try going to Interval site and on the history page
of your exchanges, click on "Resend Confirmation" in the right hand column,
and perhaps the Marriott reservation number will be included this time in your emailed confirmation....

It sometimes takes a short time for Marriott to issue their number on the form, but it always appears at some point.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will try that, thank you.

I wasn't successful last time with MR customer service or the hotel front desk.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

It works on getaways too. You have to get the marriott number from the PDF they send-not the first email confirmation. You also have to wait a few weeks from the exchange or getaway transaction for Marriott to put the week in your name. If you try immediately, the conf number is not in your name yet.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
May have to call to get it if that's important this early, but you might try going to Interval site and on the history page
of your exchanges, click on "Resend Confirmation" in the right hand column,
and perhaps the Marriott reservation number will be included this time in your emailed confirmation....

It sometimes takes a short time for Marriott to issue their number on the form, but it always appears at some point.
Whenever I book an Interval Getaway, whilst their follow up email may only show the II confirmation number, their pdf Confirmation certificate always includes the Marriott reservation number.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Whenever I book an Interval Getaway, whilst their follow up email may only show the II confirmation number, but their pdf Confirmation certificate always includes the Marriott reservation number.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm referring to, and it might take a day or two.

"Resending" the confirmation usually generates the PDF.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whenever I book an Interval Getaway, whilst their follow up email may only show the II confirmation number, but their pdf Confirmation certificate always includes the Marriott reservation number.

Yes, that’s what meant too.
I wasn't sure if getaways got an emailed confirmation certificate.
If they do, reservation number should be on there.
Good luck.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got it resent right now and it still only has one (II) conf. number.

Calling the hotel is a no go also, they said I should inquire within 3 weeks prior to check in.....

I guess I just have to wait.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
So
I got it resent right now and it still only has one (II) conf. number.

Calling the hotel is a no go also, they said I should inquire within 3 weeks prior to check in.....

I guess I just have to wait.

With getaways, there can be a delay. On my PDF's it shows "reservation number" then the marriott number. Is yours blank there?

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have any comparison for the exchange certificate but my getaway certificate lists under my name and address the DATE and below it CONFIRMATION#
There's no 'boxes' or any blank spaces indicating anything else is missing.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
On an exchange confirmation certificate that is on the left side of the page in yellow and then the right side is orange/pink and it says confirmation certificate, non transferable and gives the resort info and reservation number.

Any chance the device you are viewing your certificate on is not displaying it fully?
I would think it would need to contain the resort info someplace and the reservation number would be there.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you for your attention to this.
the pink side has all the information including resort, phone/fax, check in and out dates, and accommodation/villa info. But no reservation number...….

and it doesn't appear it is a viewing/PDF issue

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
thank you for your attention to this.
the pink side has all the information including resort, phone/fax, check in and out dates, and accommodation/villa info. But no reservation number...….

and it doesn't appear it is a viewing/PDF issue

I'll ask one obnoxious question... this is a getaway to a MVCI property-correct? Sorry if that seems a dumb question, but non MVCI won't have that number.