• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding Marriott Reward Number to II Marriott exchange.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a legacy weeks Marriott owner, who exchanged into Grand Chateau, it is my understanding I can add my MR number to my reservation for elite night eligibility. Is this correct? Also, is there a way to add my MR number before my arrival in Las Vegas? My stay is for 7-nights so I assume I would receive seven night towards platinum elite status?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a legacy weeks Marriott owner, who exchanged into Grand Chateau, it is my understanding I can add my MR number to my reservation for elite night eligibility. Is this correct? Also, is there a way to add my MR number before my arrival in Las Vegas? My stay is for 7-nights so I assume I would receive seven night towards platinum elite status?
Yes, you can.
Sometimes, but not always, you can enter your confirmation number, name, and arrival date on marriott.com and add your MR number.
Alternatively you can phone Marriott to add it.
Mostly this works, but it can depend on the agent you speak to, so if not you may need to call back and speak to a different agent.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only ever done it on marriott.com, it has worked well for me. I dislike calling, unless I have an issue.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Yes. Interestingly, even if you check out early, you still get the full 7-night credit. I've left early twice and received credit for the full week both times.

Yes, you can.
Sometimes, but not always, you can enter your confirmation number, name, and arrival date on marriott.com and add your MR number.
Alternatively you can phone Marriott to add it.
Mostly this works, but it can depend on the agent you speak to, so if not you may need to call back and speak to a different agent.

I haven't been able to add my MR number online for any exchange week. I can get to the reservation, but can't add my MR number. I've had to call each time; haven't had an issue with any of the reps adding it. Sometimes they put me on hold and have to talk with someone more knowledgeable, but they've always been able to add my MR number.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will probably get a welcome email from the resort. You can add it then or email the person who sent it to add it. It should then show up on Marriott.com in a couple of days. The resort doesn't get your information until somewhat late in the game from II.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I've only ever done it on marriott.com, it has worked well for me. I dislike calling, unless I have an issue.
Are you able to do it for week exchanges? If so, I'd be curious to know what I've missed when I've tried to do it online. As noted in my post above, I've had to call in to get it added.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did it for an II exchange 1 minute ago, this post reminded me to do so. Went onto marriott.com, my trips, clicked find my reservation, used the II exchange sheet to get the Marriott confirmation number, found it, clicked view / modify, went to guest info, and changed the box labelled (already forgot) something like ID number which means MR number. Shows up as another trip now, and, number shows up too.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing how you did it online. I’ve never tried and have had mixed results by calling in, just as someone mentioned earlier. I have an exchange to add so will try doing it online.

Best regards.

Mike

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing how you did it online. I’ve never tried and have had mixed results by calling in, just as someone mentioned earlier. I have an exchange to add so will try doing it online.

Best regards.

Mike

Send screen capture if you get stuck somewhere. Also, please report back if you do get it to work. Surely I am not special. :)

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I just did it for an II exchange 1 minute ago, this post reminded me to do so. Went onto marriott.com, my trips, clicked find my reservation, used the II exchange sheet to get the Marriott confirmation number, found it, clicked view / modify, went to guest info, and changed the box labelled (already forgot) something like ID number which means MR number. Shows up as another trip now, and, number shows up too.

Online is the only way to go. It was super easy. I just followed these steps, stumbled over missing email address, got past that and my MR number was saved. I also requested a high floor but not sure if they will look at that or not.

Interestingly, I did have to search with my Marriott confirmation number, and it found the reservation, but after saving my information, the reservation itself is still not saved under My Trips.

Question - when I look at my week in Marriott, is shows the 2BR unit which I have traded, I went into "edit room" and it says the room is "unavailable". Is that normal? The trade happened 2 weeks ago so everything should be updated.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of room unavailable, not sure what it means, perhaps not available to reserve on marriott.com or something like that. You already reserved it, so, ignore. I have seen that for years.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I see a lot of room unavailable, not sure what it means, perhaps not available to reserve on marriott.com or something like that. You already reserved it, so, ignore. I have seen that for years.

It looks like you have a very busy 2019 calendar. I hope you post trip reports from everywhere you go. I would be especially interested in Fiji. We go to Hawaii a couple times a year and was thinking of adding Fiji to one of those trips.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have a very busy 2019 calendar. I hope you post trip reports from everywhere you go. I would be especially interested in Fiji. We go to Hawaii a couple times a year and was thinking of adding Fiji to one of those trips.

I do indeed, probably too busy. There may even be another trip. We hope to do less trips in 2020, just longer maybe. Yes, I hope to post some stuff from Momi Bay in Fiji, it's not a MVCI property but it is for all intents a resort not a hotel. We'll see I guess. The reason we stopped in Fiji was were we wanting Phuket Thailand. But that's a very long flight from here, over 30 hours, didn't like that. So, we said, where can we stop on the way. Fiji! Well, then it turned out due to the way flights work, no good flights from there to Phuket, so, we said where can we go between those 2, and the answer was Brisbane! So, that's how we got 3 places on one trip, sort of backed into it. Using weeks, + points to fill in days to get the United free flights, it all worked out great.

Ask me in June if you can set a reminder for review, photos, whatever.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Send screen capture if you get stuck somewhere. Also, please report back if you do get it to work. Surely I am not special. :)
I cant add MR number online for any of my exchanges also. When i hit the button to add the number, the screen just resets and no MR has been added. Has never worked for me all these years. But if I call in the rep usually can get it done.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cant add MR number online for any of my exchanges also. When i hit the button to add the number, the screen just resets and no MR has been added. Has never worked for me all these years. But if I call in the rep usually can get it done.

Would love to see a screen capture of what you are entering in what box on which screen. Not words, screen capture.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I generally can't see my II reservations in my Marriott.com "My Trips" section unless I call Marriott and have my MR# added to the II reservation.

However, when the resort pre-arrival request email is sent to me a week or two in advance, it always has my MR# attached. II must send it, or Marriott must link my name somehow. I still cannot see however in Marriott.com, unless I call. Seems odd to me.

Anyone know how long it takes II reservations at MVCI resorts to post as 'nights' stayed?

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD

I just went through that. It looks like the screen reset but when I scrolled up there was an error message saying something about the email address.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went through that. It looks like the screen reset but when I scrolled up there was an error message saying something about the email address.

I would suspect there is some kind of message somewhere on the screen as well. Never not worked for me, so, there has to be some missing info somewhere.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I generally can't see my II reservations in my Marriott.com "My Trips" section unless I call Marriott and have my MR# added to the II reservation.

However, when the resort pre-arrival request email is sent to me a week or two in advance, it always has my MR# attached. II must send it, or Marriott must link my name somehow. I still cannot see however in Marriott.com, unless I call. Seems odd to me.

Anyone know how long it takes II reservations at MVCI resorts to post as 'nights' stayed?
We just got back recently on a II stay at Newport coast villas. Took about 48-72 hrs. Before the 7 nights were credited.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will probably get a welcome email from the resort. You can add it then or email the person who sent it to add it. It should then show up on Marriott.com in a couple of days. The resort doesn't get your information until somewhat late in the game from II.
After receiving our pre-arrival email, I asked to have our Marriott rewards number added. Within a couple of days our reservation was on our Marriott app just like any other hotel reservation. It even had our view as ocean front, so hoping that gets honored. I also asked to have a future II exchange add our Marriott rewards number but was told by pre-arrival person no access yet, but happy to add when we get our pre-arrival email.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I did the same thing this week and had the same results as you

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
For those wondering it does not always work. There are a number of threads on this but it seems it depends on the source of the week you traded into. There were a number of past posts about issues thst occurred with trades and old mr#s in them and Marriott started a policy of no mr#s on trades pre arrival, although it was hit and miss.

I think if you get a week that had a mr# attached previously, you can't add online, but ymmv. I think bulk bank weeks always work (or is it the other way around?)
:shrug::crash:

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
For those wondering it does not always work. There are a number of threads on this but it seems it depends on the source of the week you traded into. There were a number of past posts about issues thst occurred with trades and old mr#s in them and Marriott started a policy of no mr#s on trades pre arrival, although it was hit and miss.

I think if you get a week that had a mr# attached previously, you can't add online, but ymmv. I think bulk bank weeks always work (or is it the other way around?)

I'm still a newbie here, learning so much from everyone...what is "bulk bank weeks"? That is what it shows in Marriott for my II trade.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would disagree with the theory as my experience is I've always been able to add it, and just did so again. I did so at least 3 times last year.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would disagree with the theory as my experience is I've always been able to add it, and just did so again. I did so at least 3 times last year.
I can more often than not add my MR# on line, but for my most recent Interval exchange booking when I navigate to my booking enter my MR# and hit submit it just comes back with the field empty again.