• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's for summer 2012 deposits

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Just appeared in my account this morning. This offer seems to be later than last year; I thought I remember it being offered late July in 2010.

Bonus resort accommodation for deposited units with check in dates between May 24th and Aug 15, 2012. Offer expires Oct 9, 2011.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo..thanks for the heads up ! I just got an AC for my June 2012
Spicebush week that I was planning on depositing anyway. Now to decide
where to go.....:whoopie:

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is for II

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo..thanks for the heads up ! I just got an AC for my June 2012
Spicebush week that I was planning on depositing anyway. Now to decide
where to go.....:whoopie:

I don't see all the excitement about ACs when they have such a limited timeframe on that grid. But if you're retired or home-schooling and can go in the off-season, I guess it's a "deal".

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see all the excitement about ACs when they have such a limited timeframe on that grid. But if you're retired or home-schooling and can go in the off-season, I guess it's a "deal".

Well, the only time I can't take off is summer, because our fiscal year
end at work is June 30, which means no time off mid June-mid August! Also, no kids. So my peak vacation time is Sept/October and before May.
I've gotten some great use out of my AC's :D

Last edited:

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
are these only for flexchange or is there some limited availability outside that? i get that summer marriott weeks are not gonna happen but just how limited are they?

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Not sure on the restrictions for this one. The AC I received last year had some geographical restrictions, but it wasn't restricted to flex. I was able to book a 2bd Harbour Lake in Orlando for June, 2011, nine months ahead for $299.

I'm not planning on depositing, so I don't know the details. Deb from NC, what does your certificate have printed?

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten it yet..they have to " verify my deposit with my resort " before they put it in my account. But I've used previous AC's for Marriott Grande Vista and Cypress Harbor in Orlando in spring, Swallowtail at Sea Pines (HH) in Fall and New Year's at Marriott Grande Ocean last year. I know my schedule is different from that of most people, but DH and I love traveling in fall and spring since we hate hot weather anyway :)
When I get the details on this AC, I'll post it!
Deb

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have an AC offer for my Marriott Aruba Ocean Club. Although I no longer own the week, its still in my II acct. I didn't expect to see the offer located on the "My Units" tab in II. Its not very noticable.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have an AC offer for my Marriott Aruba Ocean Club. Although I no longer own the week, its still in my II acct. I didn't expect to see the offer located on the "My Units" tab in II. Its not very noticable.

That's where my offer was too.
AC still isn't in my account yet..I'll give them another day or 2, then start
calling!
Deb

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the AC in my II account this morning; not a lot of summer months, but
there are some summer Orlando and Lake Tahoe weeks. If anyone has a specific question, let me know. There are some fall and spring HH weeks, so I'm happy! Oh, and its not just for
Flextime, the grid goes thru August 2012

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I got the AC in my II account this morning; not a lot of summer months, but
there are some summer Orlando and Lake Tahoe weeks. If anyone has a specific question, let me know. There are some fall and spring HH weeks, so I'm happy! Oh, and its not just for
Flextime, the grid goes thru August 2012

Good for you! :cheer:

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb, thanks for offering to share info on the AC grid. What Orlando and Phoenix months are blocked on the grid?

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb, thanks for offering to share info on the AC grid. What Orlando and Phoenix months are blocked on the grid?

here's the grid for mine:

orlando - feb, mar and july are blocked

phoenix - oct, nov and jan through april are blocked

many christmas dates are also blocked from dec 18-31...

Last edited:

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Christie Lodge - yes
Marriott's Waiohai - no

:shrug:

We got a card in the mail this week from II offering an AC for our 2012 Waiohai week, but we've already made plans to use it, so I wasn't going to contact II about it. Maybe ask them again?

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
here's the grid for mine:

orlando - feb, mar and july are blocked

phoenix - oct, nov and jan through april are blocked

many christmas dates are also blocked from dec 18-31...

I am seeing the same thing....
Deb

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
does that mean I can book an April 1 week (Easter) in Orlando with the AC? Is is good for all inventory that I can see on Exchange side, or only from a special list?

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
does that mean I can book an April 1 week (Easter) in Orlando with the AC? Is is good for all inventory that I can see on Exchange side, or only from a special list?

i can see more exchanges with my base week than i can see with my AC. i wouldn't bet on easter week being available...nothing earlier than april 12 comes up for me...

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Charles
What is the fee structure for the exchange? Is it $199 for a studio, $249 for a 1bd, and $299 for a 2bd? I just got the offer in the mail, and it lists that an exchange request can be placed with this AC, as well.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
i still haven't gotten that far yet to figure out the fee structure.

not sure if a studio would be $199 or $229 as in the II FAQ.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score

The first April date I see is April 12 at Marriott Grande Vista with the AC
Deb