• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I received a call today - will have a follow-up call tomorrow - to set up a convenient time to "re-freeze" my account. The "re-freeze" is supposed to take 48 hours during which time they are going to complete (yet another) points audit... although if it's possible in 48 hours, it makes one wonder why it hasn't been possible after 6+ months. The glimmer of hope is that after this my account has been promised to be "fully reconciled". I don't know if I received this call because I had a couple of call recently trying to identify what happened to the points I credit pooled back in December or what. But if we can get to a resolution it will be a weight off my mind. Anyone else get a call like this recently?

Hope your call went well yesterday and that your account became unfrozen today or by morning. It is unfortunate the "suspending" process is still going on.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the call and like Ron I have been asked to sign an NDA so I won't be able to share information about the progress or process.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the call and like Ron I have been asked to sign an NDA so I won't be able to share information about the progress or process.

If the settlement is something you can live with congratulations.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are not talking settlement yet. The re-assessment has not been performed yet.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would sign a NDA without knowing what the outcome/compensation was going to be. It would have to be a helluva deal.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would sign a NDA without knowing what the outcome/compensation was going to be. It would have to be a helluva deal.

I didn't have to sign anything ahead of our negotiation but I would have.
Why not?

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Why would not sign an NDA?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is easy for me to pontificate as I am not a Wyndham Owner and thus not involved in this mess. But here goes anyway. If I could enter into an agreement with Wyndham that would guarantee me 100% unfettered ability to use my account and the amount of points in my account following the agreement were reasonably close to what I think they should be, I would sign almost anything in a minute just to get all this behind me.

George

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is easy for me to pontificate as I am not a Wyndham Owner and thus not involved in this mess. But here goes anyway. If I could enter into an agreement with Wyndham that would guarantee me 100% unfettered ability to use my account and the amount of points in my account following the agreement were reasonably close to what I think they should be, I would sign in a minute just to get all this behind me.

George
George, the NDA doesn't accomplish any of that for the suspended owners. From what I have gleaned, it merely is CYA for Wyn. Ron wasn't even required to sign an NDA so why would other suspended account owners need to in order for WYN to "re-assess" their own points accounting?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I wouldn't sign an NDA unless I was being well compensated for Wyndham's total incompetence which caused me to lose money and/or the use of my account.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I dont' have a dog in this fight either, but I would not hesitate to sign an NDA if it would accelerate my acct getting unfrozen. What you are giving up is minor to the potential benefit.

And to answer Bella's question, the NDA serves two purposes. First it is a indicator on how cooperative the customer might be. Someone digging in on something as simple as an NDA is problem going to be a PIA to work with. Secondly it is standard to prevent the customer from sharing with someone similarly situated any discussion/negotiation that might occur.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont' have a dog in this fight either, but I would not hesitate to sign an NDA if it would accelerate my acct getting unfrozen. What you are giving up is minor to the potential benefit.

And to answer Bella's question, the NDA serves two purposes. First it is a indicator on how cooperative the customer might be. Someone digging on something as simple as an NDA is problem going to be a PIA to work with. Secondly it is standard to prevent the customer from sharing with someone similarly situated any discussion/negotiation that might occur.
Thanks for that clarification Eric.

Which I translate as, to my original point, that an NDA serves ONLY Wyn. It's a one-sided agreement while Wyn "holds hostage" what you already own. Note that, per his posturing of "cooperation" and his non-combative approach, Ron still somehow managed to not have to sign an NDA on the front end of his discussions.

So why would other suspended account owners need to sign one? is what is being "given up" that minor? If it is that insignificant, why is it so important to have an NDA in place at all?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sure it is primarily for Wyn's benefit. But the only thing you are giving up is your right to blab about whatever they are discussing with you. How does that harm you? You are not giving up your right to discuss the situation with an attorney or the government authorities.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I wouldn't sign an NDA unless I was being well compensated for Wyndham's total incompetence which caused me to lose money and/or the use of my account.

George, the NDA doesn't accomplish any of that for the suspended owners. From what I have gleaned, it merely is CYA for Wyn. Ron wasn't even required to sign an NDA so why would other suspended account owners need to in order for WYN to "re-assess" their own points accounting?

Conversely, why is NDA necessary in the first place?

It is easy for me to pontificate as I am not a Wyndham Owner and thus not involved in this mess. But here goes anyway. If I could enter into an agreement with Wyndham that would guarantee me 100% unfettered ability to use my account and the amount of points in my account following the agreement were reasonably close to what I think they should be, I would sign almost anything in a minute just to get all this behind me.

George

George is right

It's wyndhams sandbox. play by their rules or don't play at all

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I would sign an NDA as long as its not giving up rights to bring legal action. Usually in business it means something kind of confidential is about to be revealed to me. In this case it may mean they don't want people comparing 'deals'. If I am confident I could live with whatever deal I made then why not. As for why Wyndham requests it now and not earlier, maybe they've matured their thinking. Lawyers tend to over think things.

Bob

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification Eric.

Which I translate as, to my original point, that an NDA serves ONLY Wyn. It's a one-sided agreement while Wyn "holds hostage" what you already own. Note that, per his posturing of "cooperation" and his non-combative approach, Ron still somehow managed to not have to sign an NDA on the front end of his discussions.

So why would other suspended account owners need to sign one? is what is being "given up" that minor? If it is that insignificant, why is it so important to have an NDA in place at all?

Perhaps Wyndham learned something dealing with a blabber mouth like me

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
All I want is for Wyndham to unlock my accounts. Compensate me for points that expired, reservations I could not cancel, discounts/upgrades I was prevented from getting, not being able to book new reservations or shorten existing ones, having to pay $129 instead of $99 for guest confirmations and no one guest confirmation fee for a split reservation available, reservations that went unused because I could not add a guest name on it (various reasons), time for having to call in and wait for a callback as well as a few other damages that Wyndham has caused because of this.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
All I want is for Wyndham to unlock my accounts. Compensate me for points that expired, reservations I could not cancel, discounts/upgrades I was prevented from getting, not being able to book new reservations or shorten existing ones, having to pay $129 instead of $99 for guest confirmations and no one guest confirmation fee for a split reservation available, reservations that went unused because I could not add a guest name on it (various reasons), time for having to call in and wait for a callback as well as a few other damages that Wyndham has caused because of this.

Good luck with that

Seriously, good luck

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I hope you have an attorney and the resources to pursue what will likely be a lengthy litigation process (based on how Wyndham litigates).

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
George is right

It's Wyndham's sandbox. play by their rules or don't play at all
Don't think it's quite that simplistic. The "rules" seem to more fluid for some owners than others. :(

And didn't most of the suspended account owners, with a few exceptions, think they WERE following the rules when they got suspended? Sans the exception(s), has there been any indication or specific outline of what rules got broken, by those owners, to warrant the suspensions in the first place?

Understand the "my house my rules" concept and also that Wyn's stick is much MUCH bigger than any owner out there. Still, what actually have most of the suspended owners done intentionally, to warrant being locked "out of the house" for a now, ongoing, seven months? All fingers still point to Wyn being in error in this process.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on the reports here, clearly the ones that were willing to play the game are getting resolved faster.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the reports here, clearly the ones that were willing to play the game are getting resolved faster.

Keep in mind that only a fraction of impacted folks are posting. It would be a leap to assume the small subset is representative.

FAIR NOTICE: I am not posting anything gleaned from conversations with Wyndham personnel. These are my personal observations and conclusions I've drawn based on external data.

With that being said, I believe there is a priority order that may be established based on several factors such as anticipated outcome, size of account, significance of apparent discrepancy, etc. The degree of cooperation of the impacted owner may be a factor, but it may be a minor one; for many, the degree of interaction has been minimal enough that Wyn really has no idea how cooperative or not certain impacted owners may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.