TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

AC in II

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by CalGalTraveler, Jun 8, 2018.

1. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

New to II via Vistana. How do you get ACs?

How do you know if you have them?

If you never deposit, but use getaways will you receive them?

2. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    You should get them with a Vistana ownership, I do.

Log in to your account and click on the exchange drop down menu. Pick, My Units. My Certificates is on the right, click view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. NJDave

NJDave TUG Member

I have never made a deposit in my Vistana account and currently have four AC's.

4. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

newbie question: is the quality of the ACs based on the number and value of the resorts in your II account?

5. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

No. There are 2 types of ACs. One type of ACs is the ones that II deposits into all II accounts, individual and corporate accounts. The other type is deposited as an incentive for depositing a particular resort or if you make any sort of exchange or on-going request during a promotion. The 2nd type usually has a button that allows the II account holder to put in an ongoing exchange, much like you do for a deposited week. The 1st type has to be exchanged based on whatever that is seen online at a particular point in time. Sometimes one is more powerful than the other. I put in an OGS last year during one of the promotions where II would deposit an AC for an exchange/OGS (Type 2 AC). Last year this Type 2 AC hardly pulled anything... and it had an expiration of Nov 2018. This year when my friend wanted to go to Las Vegas in August, I used this Type 2 AC and it pulled all brands, except for Marriott and got him a nice 2BR unit at SVC at Desert Rose in Las Vegas. The Type 1 ACs were expiring in June so I could not compare. My Type 2 AC's trading power got adjusted somehow.

The other thing is that every AC is different, some can see one location but not others while another can see others but not the location, or a super set.

DannyTS likes this.
  6. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    According to the Tug II representative (Mark), excepting the deposit incentive ACs, they are random. FWIW

7. CalGalTraveler

Thanks for the pointers. I looked in our account and we have 2 ACs for 3 bedrooms expiring 6 and 8 months from now. Am I required to exchange a week to use these? (We will not exchange because we plan to use our unit for the forseeable future.)

If we can use without exchanging, how do I go about finding a property and using them?

8. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Destinations Points
    You do not use a week, consider these as bonus weeks. Redemption amounts for the week varies, you'd have to pretend to do an exchange to figure out exactly how much.

One way to use them is to click on Exchange -> My Units. On the right, you should see "My Certificates". Click on View, likely you already got there before. On the one you want to try, click Redeem. It then shows you by month the different places you may be able to go on that certificate. Note, the other one may show different locations, they are not all the same. So, click on a month that sounds good, and, a region and then city or area, you can select up to 6 of those, and when done, click Search. There you go.

I used one today for Hilton Head. I believe the week cost me $289 for the cert I used. So, that's $41 per night. I do always compare the cert cost vs the potential getaway to the same location. It was not available for a getaway.

Sunshine10 likes this.
  9. CalGalTraveler

Thanks all for walking me through this. As you can see I am a newbie to II.

I clicked as instructed above by @Steve Fatula. Next to the available properties listed for the AC reservation it has an "Exchange" button when it comes to reserving them. If I hit this button does it require me to exchange? (I don't want to exchange) or will it ask me for cash instead?

10. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Destinations Points
    No, they just call it "exchange", but you are merely exchanging your certificate (not a week) for a week. It will go through the normal checkout process, quite a few screens before asking for payment.

11. CalGalTraveler

Thank you @Steve Fatula. That is great to know! Between II, RCI and HGVC open season it is good to have discounted options to expand usage rather than owning more TS MF.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  12. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Destinations Points
    You are most welcome. Some acs don't see very much interesting stuff for some folks, but I can always find something I want. It's just close to free weeks!

13. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

It’s called an exchange because you are exchanging cash for a week that II would have trouble getting rid of anyway. AC’s used to be fantastic when grids would drop and trading power would open up. These days they aren’t worth much or anything more than the price to pull the exchange.

14. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

I would disagree. I was just able to get harbor ridge, coastal Maine, gold crown resort for August with an AC. For me, this was a great use of an ac

Steve Fatula likes this.
  15. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I have 15 AC's. If you want one and already know what unit you want with it shoot me a PM. I rarely ever use them since they removed the grid free option.

Liz M likes this.
  16. Liz M

Liz M Guest

Hi, I sent you a PM regarding AC :)