• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

About To Lose My Job

geekette

Reaction score
Mary Ann, consider it the cost of being completely untethered from the yucky ex-employer. You can make it back quickly. Maybe not today, but you can make it back. Plus, you don't quite know when they will execute the order.

geekette

Reaction score
minor update to my personal hijack.... boyfriend sends a two-liner email, he's too busy to come see me dance on stage. The stuff he cites as consuming him is stuff he's had on his plate for a couple months. I think I have my answer.

If at this stage of our relationship I rank this low in his life, it's not worth it to me to stick around for more disappointment. This one hurts but in the past year I have gotten used to people disappointing me so another in the trail of dust as I move on.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to read about your the trail of dust.

I had a friend who put up many barrier walls on relationships post divorce due to cheating spouse . Friend would go after undesirable/unavailable ones and made personal rules why couldn't date someone who was decent and available + interested.

minor update to my personal hijack.... boyfriend sends a two-liner email, he's too busy to come see me dance on stage. The stuff he cites as consuming him is stuff he's had on his plate for a couple months. I think I have my answer.

If at this stage of our relationship I rank this low in his life, it's not worth it to me to stick around for more disappointment. This one hurts but in the past year I have gotten used to people disappointing me so another in the trail of dust as I move on.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Ouch, so sorry. There is someone out there that will treat you the way you deserve. When I went back into the dating seen, many of my newer friends had stopped dating because they had enough. I always believed I would find the needle in the haystack. You will find in life what you decide is good for you, just do what is good for you and never give up in your road to your happiness, whatever that is for you.

geekette

Reaction score
Thanks. I am treating this as a lesson learned. It was probably too soon for me to be in any relationship. I am still in the process of reconfiguring my life. I'm not someone that is searching for anyone, I'm alright with going right back to solo. Best to do that before I am in too deep and emotions stronger.

I have bigger problems - no water today and well svc hasn't shown yet. dress rehearsal at 5. dang, did not want a nail-biter today but on I go, trying not to get dirty and plowing through my reserve water, reserving a few gallons for shower (dump water on self in shower). I also stockpile wipes of various kinds, I like to be able to "wash" my hands with something that isn't nasty chemical.

Lucky for me, I make do with whatever. being a free spirit, I can go with the flow. Or lack of it! Primitive living, right when I have to Girl Up! ugh.

I can absolutely wait for the right one if ever I join forces again. No hurry here. Last danged thing I would need here this weekend is someone adding stress vs helping me with stuff. Mom is already coming...! lol

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Another text today from another coworker who is over 50. She- a mammo tech- is being moved to the other site (where essentially everyone goes to die- before they get booted out altogether) for Mondays and has to relearn taking XRAYS (which she has not done in 15 years). And she now has to work Saturdays at the main facility or she will lose all her hours (aka her whole job). She is convinced it is an age thing.

Also- another tech just gave notice.

So- the saga continues......

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks. I am treating this as a lesson learned. It was probably too soon for me to be in any relationship. I am still in the process of reconfiguring my life. I'm not someone that is searching for anyone, I'm alright with going right back to solo. Best to do that before I am in too deep and emotions stronger.

I have bigger problems - no water today and well svc hasn't shown yet. dress rehearsal at 5. dang, did not want a nail-biter today but on I go, trying not to get dirty and plowing through my reserve water, reserving a few gallons for shower (dump water on self in shower). I also stockpile wipes of various kinds, I like to be able to "wash" my hands with something that isn't nasty chemical.

Lucky for me, I make do with whatever. being a free spirit, I can go with the flow. Or lack of it! Primitive living, right when I have to Girl Up! ugh.

I can absolutely wait for the right one if ever I join forces again. No hurry here. Last danged thing I would need here this weekend is someone adding stress vs helping me with stuff. Mom is already coming...! lol

Really. I would take this as this guy does not deserve you. What is up with your water?

geekette

Reaction score
Sorry to read about your the trail of dust.

I had a friend who put up many barrier walls on relationships post divorce due to cheating spouse . Friend would go after undesirable/unavailable ones and made personal rules why couldn't date someone who was decent and available + interested.
I did call a friend and laid out old red flags, etc., to ask what I wasn't seeing, etc. I don't want to play games or fool myself. Not keen on rules, either. Yikes, I guess there are more ways to sabotage myself than I've done!

geekette

Reaction score
Really. I would take this as this guy does not deserve you. What is up with your water?
Old house, I'm on an old well, 2 crusty parts quit working. Restored shortly before dress rehearsal. Literally, wrote the check, got in car, left. Whew, at least on show day I have water.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Old house, I'm on an old well, 2 crusty parts quit working. Restored shortly before dress rehearsal. Literally, wrote the check, got in car, left. Whew, at least on show day I have water.

Glad you got it fixed in time! Not having water is no fun. A lot of maintenance these houses.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We will take the lump sum of my husband's small pension when he retires- or what's left of it now with interest rates going up. It's an annuity- like a 10 year plan- less money each month if your have the survivor benefit-whoever dies first- this and that -several options- all kinds of stipulations. No thanks. Give us the money and we will deal with it ourselves. Think we will trust this private company with it? Nope. Just like I don't trust my ex employer with my 401k, with it's high fees.

It's not like we could live on the monthly annuity payout anyway, though certainly it would help when added to SS. This is no government pension- this is a private company one. And- again- they screwed people like my husband- in his case to the tune of like $100,000+.

So-we will roll it over to his own IRA.
We can save or invest whatever he ends up with, take out a little of the money from savings IF we want to- or not. Or- make our own annuity. Some months maybe take out a little- others maybe not take out anything. Our choice- not the insurance company's.

Something happens and we need a chunk of money- we have it to help us.

And if we croak in a few years, at least our son gets what's left, if anything.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I'm not sure if the South will get any color this year at all...it was just too hot for too long. :(

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will take the lump sum of my husband's small pension when he retires- or what's left of it now with interest rates going up. It's an annuity- like a 10 year plan- less money each month if your have the survivor benefit-whoever dies first- this and that -several options- all kinds of stipulations. No thanks. Give us the money and we will deal with it ourselves. Think we will trust this private company with it? Nope. Just like I don't trust my ex employer with my 401k, with it's high fees.

It's not like we could live on the monthly annuity payout anyway, though certainly it would help when added to SS. This is no government pension- this is a private company one. And- again- they screwed people like my husband- in his case to the tune of like $100,000+.

So-we will roll it over to his own IRA.
We can save or invest whatever he ends up with, take out a little of the money from savings IF we want to- or not. Or- make our own annuity. Some months maybe take out a little- others maybe not take out anything. Our choice- not the insurance company's.

Something happens and we need a chunk of money- we have it to help us.

And if we croak in a few years, at least our son gets what's left, if anything.

And if you live longer? I am one to bet on that. I guess it depends on ones health. Downside guarantee can be an important thing when one does not know how long they will last.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
And if you live longer? I am one to bet on that. I guess it depends on ones health. Downside guarantee can be an important thing when one does not know how long they will last.

His pension/annuity would terminate after 10 years from what I understand about it.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thank you, Mary Ann, for posting the photos of the fall colors in upstate New York. Just lovely. I have two beautiful silver maples planted in my backyard here in California and a small orchard of October Glory red maples at my work (which, incidentally, turn color in November!). They're the best we can manage here in Northern California. The temperature today is 81 degrees, but we can't hold a candle to the Northeast when it comes to the spectacular beauty of the fall season.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Thanks Mary Ann. We just got back from Lee MA and was kind of disappointed in the lack of Fall color, but I guess the hot dry summer may have delayed the colors.

We took a side trip to Ticonderoga NY and I really loved how beautiful the county was up there.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes. The weather has been horrible this year. Colors were delayed and no where near as vibrant as usual. Nothing but rain and humidity for months - even in October. Tomorrow we brace for a Noreaster- more rain and wind! Could have more trees down and power outages. Meanwhile tomorrow is my yearly old friends get together and we have 14 people traveling to our home from NYC and Long Island. Will be the first time in 41 years that we have had a storm during this event. Just crazy.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. The weather has been horrible this year. Colors were delayed and no where near as vibrant as usual. Nothing but rain and humidity for months - even in October. Tomorrow we brace for a Noreaster- more rain and wind! Could have more trees down and power outages. Meanwhile tomorrow is my yearly old friends get together and we have 14 people traveling to our home from NYC and Long Island. Will be the first time in 41 years that we have had a storm during this event. Just crazy.

You are lucky. We seem to have pretty bad luck for homecoming here in DE. Today will the be 3 of the last 4 that instead of grilling in a sea of humanity it has been moved to our house. So quick get the house ready for 20.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We have tended to travel in October, even long before becoming timeshare owners, because it is our anniversary month (33 years on the 19th). About 1987 we took an October trip to Virginia and hit at perfect color time. We were driving around admiring the scenery and at one point drove past a stand of something with round leaves planted on both sides of the road. Leaves were bright yellow and there was a slight breeze so leaves were dropping. It was like being inside a gumball machine with bright yellow medallions floating and swirling all around us. It was magical, and right up there in my top five travel memories!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wow! Good luck to you! I love that quote: "On the other side of your fear is your freedom." OMG! I can so relate.

Not that I don't have a ton of self-help books, but I now have to check out that book as well! We are all on a journey.

WHAT IF....?
"Somehow we learn who we really are and live with that decision"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Reminds me of the quote: “There is nothing to fear but fear itself.”

We are oftentimes our own worst enemies when it comes to making progress and embracing real change in life. It is truly a journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We have tended to travel in October, even long before becoming timeshare owners, because it is our anniversary month (33 years on the 19th). About 1987 we took an October trip to Virginia and hit at perfect color time. We were driving around admiring the scenery and at one point drove past a stand of something with round leaves planted on both sides of the road. Leaves were bright yellow and there was a slight breeze so leaves were dropping. It was like being inside a gumball machine with bright yellow medallions floating and swirling all around us. It was magical, and right up there in my top five travel memories!

I love it when the timing is perfect. About ten years ago we did a Fall trip (end of September) through Utah's red rock country. While driving Scenic Highway 12 from Bryce Canyon toward Capitol Reef National Park, it took us along the Hogsback, a winding road through the mountains. The aspen trees were in full Fall color, and the wind was just right. We saw leaves flying in all directions, swirling around us, much as you described - a gum ball machine effect. It was a remarkable sight. This is one of the pictures we took that day.

Dave

Aspens.jpg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I love it when the timing is perfect. About ten years ago we did a Fall trip (end of September) through Utah's red rock country. While driving Scenic Highway 12 from Bryce Canyon toward Capitol Reef National Park, it took us along the Hogsback, a winding road through the mountains. The aspen trees were in full Fall color, and the wind was just right. We saw leaves flying in all directions, swirling around us, much as you described - a gum ball machine effect. It was a remarkable sight. This is one of the pictures we took that day.

Dave

View attachment 8768

In the foreground of your photo I see really round leaves, if Aspens grow in the Shenandoah Valley area I bet that's what we saw.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In the foreground of your photo I see really round leaves, if Aspens grow in the Shenandoah Valley area I bet that's what we saw.

That was my thought, too. Round leaves, a couple of inches across, flying on the wind. Made me think of aspen trees, which reminded me of this picture.

Dave