• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

About To Lose My Job

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
mpumilia, a new job working for heathpack sounds about right for you. :whooopie:

Just gotta watch the timeshare chatter at work with her though. Might take over your days.

Too bad you live about as far away from each other as you can get in the US....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Why not apply to the hospital job? You can always turn it down if it is not to your liking. Seems like no down side to checking it out.

You have to read my other posts to understand. I am burnt to a crisp. I don't even have a resume on my computer anymore. Like I said- this will be my last job unless I get really desperate.

In the end- all these jobs end up being the same BS. I know. I've had lots of them over my lifetime.

Just so everyone is clear- my actual job is very repetitive- can be very boring sometimes - but the good thing about it is I am outdoors and out of the office and I get to speak with mostly nice people all day. Most of the people at our facility are also very nice.

It's all the other junk I have to deal with with the boss and the company that obviously stinks. The micromanaging and the bullying and the inconsideration.Over the years tolerating cutting back our PTO time and lunch break. Gone- the incentive bonus plan. Forget raises. The others have their schedules changed on a daily basis. Check the schedule before you go home so you know what time you are working tomorrow. Have a child care issue or a pre-scheduled doctors appt.? Too bad. That's the shift you work tomorrow or you are fired.

We all joke that soon they will ask us to come in for free! LOL!

There's nothing "fun" or uplifting. Nothing motivating about the atmosphere. Just nothing nice comes down from the top. We all feel it. It's not just me. I know the difference when I look back at the jobs I had in the beginning of my work life.

Management thinks if they throw a couple of $10 gift cards at the front desk staff for scheduling the most appt's or whatever, that that will keep them happy. Uh- not really. It's the feel of the place that is lacking. That people would feel valuable and respected and at least a little happy.

That is what makes it stressful. That- and of course- the schedule of work which is tiring. I do a lot of driving (plus my commute) and have been through a lot of cars - they don't give me a company car either. Anwyay- it's a long day.

One thing about me is I am a bit idiosyncratic so I can block a lot of this out- especially when I am out of the office- and that is how I make it work during the day. I have to be upbeat on my job and I have the personality for it. That's my lemonade (out of the lemons).

Last edited:

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did, but thought it was a funny little bit of synchronicity.
mp, in case my previous post here didn't fully make sense, I thought your comment was replying to my first comment about heathpack and her approach as a supervisor.

I didn't notice that you were replying to bluehende when I made this comment, since your's came in so soon after I made my first comment. So, I was just talking about how your work issues would probably be resolved if you had a boss like heathpack, in case I got confusing there....

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Agreed Dave. I hate to say it but age factors in the minds of many as “I m too old to get another job. No one will hire me.” So they hang in there. I do see that when money is an issue. However, I also see life as too short to be miserable at a job where you fight 1/3 of your life away.

I made major changes in my mid 50s and yes it was hard at first but ended up way better in the end. Also, change is hard and thus motivates people to stay put.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. The process of differentiation (real change and self improvement) always results in uncertainty which moves us out of our comfort zones. Being out of our comfort zones is a good thing in moderation as this is what improves us as human beings over time. We avoid change like this because of the uncertainty factors and fear of real personal change on some level.

It is only when the pain of staying the same (or in the same situation) outweighs the uncertainties we see and the pain of having to endure real change, that we will make the choice to move out of our comfort zone and embrace the uncertain future on our own terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Synchronicity I would better describe the situation if she got to work with heathpack.

Synchronicity II, on the other hand, sounds more like her current situation.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
mp, in case my previous post here didn't fully make sense, I thought your comment was replying to my first comment about heathpack and her approach as a supervisor.

I didn't notice that you were replying to bluehende when I made this comment, since your's came in so soon after I made my first comment. So, I was just talking about how your work issues would probably be resolved if you had a boss like heathpack, in case I got confusing there....

No. I got it!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Bart so sorry for your family's loss.

You're correct the loss of "just a job" can be devastating. I pray for you all to find peace over time.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
No question that today's work environment has in many ways changed over the years. But in looking back at my career I prospered by doing everything I could to excel whether it was immediately recognized or not. Sure I had to change jobs a couple of times but I went from making $300 per month from my first employer (Nabisco) to over $200,000 per year with my last (a large Bank). Never once did I put out less than a maximum effort and never once did I have to ask for a raise...

George

I think that is the secret to exceling in your career. Too many people don't care about what they do, they just want to get it done. I have found success in my career by not only caring about what I do and making sure it is right, but making sure the recipient of my work has everything they need to get the most out what I have done.

Joe

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I think that is the secret to exceling in your career. Too many people don't care about what they do, they just want to get it done. I have found success in my career by not only caring about what I do and making sure it is right, but making sure the recipient of my work has everything they need to get the most out what I have done.

Joe
Joe,

Your definition is right on but only covers the portion of the equation one can directly control. If your employer does not value the contribution you make, it is only natural your efforts will wane.

That is where far too many people find themselves these days - working for employers who don't value the contribution their employees make. In pointing this out, the lazy employer usually replies with an insightful(?) observation along the lines of recognition is achieved via a pay check or a person's pay is what the market demands. Too few employers can be bothered anymore to perform an honest appraisal of an employee's value.

I like the standards you define here Joe, but they won't continue in an environment that refuses to properly recognizes them.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advice and suggestions are very ease to give; but when you have to go to work every day and look at the devil it is very hard IMHO.
To the OP, my prayers are with; please continue to hang.
Head UP!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe,

Your definition is right on but only covers the portion of the equation one can directly control. If your employer does not value the contribution you make, it is only natural your efforts will wane.

That is where far too many people find themselves these days - working for employers who don't value the contribution their employees make. In pointing this out, the lazy employer usually replies with an insightful(?) observation along the lines of recognition is achieved via a pay check or a person's pay is what the market demands. Too few employers can be bothered anymore to perform an honest appraisal of an employee's value.

I like the standards you define here Joe, but they won't continue in an environment that refuses to properly recognizes them.

I don't disagree, but from a management standpoint, I appreciate those who make my job easier. I think most people are the same way.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advice and suggestions are very ease to give; but when you have to go to work every day and look at the devil it is very hard IMHO.
To the OP, my prayers are with; please continue to hang.
Head UP!

You are right as well. I had a job when I was 24 YO that was hell. I felt sick every day having to go to that job. It was a blessing when I was fired. On the way out, one of the partners told me that I was stupid and should do something repetitive.

That is why money should not be the ultimate decider of where to work. You need to weigh your relative happiness as well. Hopefully a balance between the two can be found.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
On the way out, one of the partners told me that I was stupid and should do something repetitive.

Wow! That’s pretty harsh.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So the plot thickens. Found out this week that a nurse supervisor that the tyrant hired when he first took over is leaving because of him! She told me today that she has never been treated like she has by him in all her years of nursing- and she has dealt with angry doctors yelling and so on- but nothing like the way this boss deals with her. She thought coming to an outpatient facility would be less stress for her but because of him it has been hell to the point she even has cried out of frustration. Sound familiar? Had to have her husband with her when she handed in her resignation because she was afraid of how he would react!

This Friday she is leaving. The other woman I spoke of in a previous post- the clinical director- her last day is tomorrow. We all had a long conversation. And-another per diem nurse is also gone because of him as well as a couple of other employees, one of whom was only there a month! Another nurse- for whom this is a second job- plans to leave eventually as soon as she can get a second position at the hospital she currently works at.

Between his certifiable personality and his mismanagement it is crazy town.

I passed along the name and phone number and email address of the HR person, since they did not seem too keen on contacting the COO directly. I hope they follow through. I told them I did not want to be the only one who reported him and that it would be the right thing to do for their fellow coworkers. They are resigning so they have nothing to lose like the first woman, who was concerned he would oppose her claim for unemployment or not give her the severance pay.

Looks like we have a "Me Too" movement going on! LOL!

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Incredible. I sincerely hope you're documenting these people's names and dates of departure. When you quit, you need to walk into the COO's office, and slap down a sheet of paper (or more) with the names and dates of everyone who has left because of this asshat. Then hand him a detailed account of the entire situation, what he's done, and the problems he's caused. Then ask whether the company is prepared to go through an EEOC complaint and lawsuit. Unless the COO is in cahoots with the guy, you should get some sort of response. Then you can decide whether to move forward with a formal complaint.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Incredible. I sincerely hope you're documenting these people's names and dates of departure. When you quit, you need to walk into the COO's office, and slap down a sheet of paper (or more) with the names and dates of everyone who has left because of this asshat. Then hand him a detailed account of the entire situation, what he's done, and the problems he's caused. Then ask whether the company is prepared to go through an EEOC complaint and lawsuit. Unless the COO is in cahoots with the guy, you should get some sort of response. Then you can decide whether to move forward with a formal complaint.

Dave

Funny you should say that- I actually did that today- wrote their names down.

COO is ironically a SHE! LOL! And- weird- today she was at the facility with the CEO (both are not based here- they are based in the city) and a whole bunch of people who were supposedly investors. I heard they took pictures of the equipment in our smaller facility located across the county (which is not doing well at all).

Garage sale? LOL!

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry you are going through this.

I just read an article yesterday that 75% of people that leave their jobs is a result of either a single manager or the management style itself and nothing to do with the actual work.

It also stated that most bad managers can't see that they are bad managers until it's way too late.

Every day you complete is one less day until you get to enjoy retirement.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the plot thickens. Found out this week that a nurse supervisor that the tyrant hired when he first took over is leaving because of him! She told me today that she has never been treated like she has by him in all her years of nursing- and she has dealt with angry doctors yelling and so on- but nothing like the way this boss deals with her. She thought coming to an outpatient facility would be less stress for her but because of him it has been hell to the point she even has cried out of frustration. Sound familiar? Had to have her husband with her when she handed in her resignation because she was afraid of how he would react!

This Friday she is leaving. The other woman I spoke of in a previous post- the clinical director- her last day is tomorrow. We all had a long conversation. And-another per diem nurse is also gone because of him as well as a couple of other employees, one of whom was only there a month! Another nurse- for whom this is a second job- plans to leave eventually as soon as she can get a second position at the hospital she currently works at.

Between his certifiable personality and his mismanagement it is crazy town.

I passed on the name and phone number and email address of the HR person, since they did not seem too keen on contacting the COO directly. I hope they follow through. I told them I did not want to be the only one who reported him and that it would be the right thing to do for their fellow coworkers. They are resigning so they have nothing to lose like the first woman, who was concerned he would oppose her claim for unemployment or not give her the severance pay.

Maybe he is just a bad manager but nothing intentional on his part. Far cry from "me too". I do wish you all the best in this. But your answer may be to quit as the others have.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Maybe he is just a bad manager but nothing intentional on his part. Far cry from "me too". I do wish you all the best in this. But your answer may be to quit as the others have.

How much does it really matter if it is intentional? You are so determined to be obstinate about a business's "right" to abuse employees that you can't see anything else.

Sure a business can legally hire bad managers but if they drive employees out there can be consequences, because some of the ways in which businesses drive people out are illegal. Even if a specific manager's behavior turns out in the end to *not* be a violation of the law, there is always concern from HR about the costs of defending a lawsuit or about the consequences of running afoul of regulatory law.

The answer in every case of employee harassment is not simply for the employee to need to quit. That's why there are employment laws. We get it- you don't think there should be. But most people don't agree with you, and there are in fact employment laws, so you can keep repeating that she should quit. But your saying so over again does not make you correct in this.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I wonder if he harasses men employees. Harassment whether to men or women is a me too movement, maybe another kind. No company should allow a person to supervise people the way he does, he is harassing many . Mpulmilia I think at this point you could get him fired if you chose to. You have enough information and pattern and with a lawyers letter the company will probably not want him as a liability. If it was me I would do what you are now, wait it out, he is ruining his reputation all on his own. The revolving door has to be obvious to upper management. I think at the end it will work out for you, one way or another.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
You quit, you walk away with nothing.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
No doubt this is part of the problem with severance/unemployment. But one walks away with their health, dignity and most importantly their life.

You quit, you walk away with nothing.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
No doubt this is part of the problem with severance/unemployment. But one walks away with their health, dignity and most importantly their life.

Or they lose their health due to lack of health insurance, they go broke due to lack of health insurance thereby losing their dignity, their autonomy and eventually their life.

Which is part of the reason why there are consequences for employers of driving employees out. Losing your job is no trivial matter. It’s not the employers “right” to harass people into quitting so that they don’t have to pay severance or unemployment.