• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Pet Peeve -- Floor Plans (Lack Thereof)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Okay, I get that Wyndham might have a hard time getting floor plans at resorts that Wyndham doesn't manage. But, I can think of no legitimate reason for not having floor plans at Wyndham-owned and -managed resorts.

If you go to the Unit Information section of any particular resort and click on the plus sign (+), it expands to Unit Details. Sometimes there is a link to Floor Plan, sometimes not. If there is a link, sometimes it takes you to a floor plan, sometimes it says "Floor plan not available." Sometimes, there is a symbol that isn't active but apparently means "Floor plan not available."

I also get that there may be variations between units of the same class even in "cookie cutter" resorts, probably because different buildings were constructed at different times. So, when I have a potential renter, I send a floor plan (if one is available) but with the caution that the unit will have the same features but the arrangement might be a little different.

Kingsgate 3BR LO.jpg

Then, some floor plans make no sense. Here's one of those -- the 3BR Lock Off at Kingsgate. If the two doors that are lined up are the lock off doors, how do you get into the Two Bedroom Deluxe A side? If the two doors are entry doors, then there is no lock off and the One Bedroom B side has two entrances -- one by the bath and one into the living area.

The 2BR Lock Off at Cypress Palms is the same as the 2BR Deluxe.

End of Rant!

bo_mull

Reaction score
We stayed in a 3BR lockoff at Kingsgate last year and the room didn't match the floor plan on the website. The way our room was laid out was a lot better than the floor plan.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Hi Jim,

And there are places, as you said, not managed by Wyndham, like Smugglers Notch resort (our home resort). No floor plans available on the Wyndham site, but excellent floor plans are available on the Smuggs website (if you know where to look).

Wyndham should be able to simply link to those floor plans, I would think...

Cheers!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Hi Jim,

And there are places, as you said, not managed by Wyndham, like Smugglers Notch resort (our home resort). No floor plans available on the Wyndham site, but excellent floor plans are available on the Smuggs website (if you know where to look).

Wyndham should be able to simply link to those floor plans, I would think...

Cheers!

Places like Smuggs are particularly difficult because there are so many different villages. Smuggs' gives it a good try but the unit we stayed in (Sycamores 3BR) didn't look anything like the floor plan on the website.

There may be legal issues with linking to someone else's website.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, for the people going to the Owner Meeting in Las Vegas, maybe they could bring up to the Wyndham Destination presenters the possibility of updating their photos available through the Wyndham site.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Then, some floor plans make no sense. Here's one of those -- the 3BR Lock Off at Kingsgate. If the two doors that are lined up are the lock off doors, how do you get into the Two Bedroom Deluxe A side? If the two doors are entry doors, then there is no lock off and the One Bedroom B side has two entrances -- one by the bath and one into the living area.

The 2BR Lock Off at Cypress Palms is the same as the 2BR Deluxe.

End of Rant!

That's a very good question. How come no one who owns or stays at Kingsgate or Cypress Palms has answered this question yet? Come on folks, we're all about sharing knowledge here.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a very good question. How come no one who owns or stays at Kingsgate or Cypress Palms has answered this question yet? Come on folks, we're all about sharing knowledge here.

It has been a while, so I don't remember the exact layout, but the 2 sides are connected and each has it's own door to the outer foyer as well.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Agree about the sloppy loading of floorplans on some resort pages. It's frustrating!

It's been a long while since we stayed at Kingsgate but IIRC, the 1BR standard is shifted toward the back on that diagram. The door from the lock-off side to the main unit is at the end of the hallway, facing into the foyer/LR of the main unit. The back BR windows of both units are aligned, sort of like this edited image:

upload_2018-9-27_8-27-37.png

On the Cypress Palms resort page, the 1BR deluxe and 1BR suite sides do show their floorplans accurately so you can see how a 2BR lock-off is arranged. In fact, the 1BR deluxe floorplan shows both sides of the 2BR lock-off correctly labeled. They did not, however, load the correct image link to the 2BR lock-off unit description, which shows the 2BR deluxe image instead. Frustrating. We shouldn't have to hunt around to find accurate info or phone Wyndham or the resorts. That's what the website is supposed to support - less hassle for both owners and staff.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-27_8-17-34.png
    upload_2018-9-27_8-17-34.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 64

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree about the sloppy loading of floorplans on some resort pages. It's frustrating!

It's been a long while since we stayed at Kingsgate but IIRC, the 1BR standard is shifted toward the back on that diagram. The door from the lock-off side to the main unit is at the end of the hallway, facing into the foyer/LR of the main unit. The back BR windows of both units are aligned, sort of like this edited image:

View attachment 8364

On the Cypress Palms resort page, the 1BR deluxe and 1BR suite sides do show their floorplans accurately so you can see how a 2BR lock-off is arranged. In fact, the 1BR deluxe floorplan shows both sides of the 2BR lock-off correctly labeled. They did not, however, load the correct image link to the 2BR lock-off unit description, which shows the 2BR deluxe image instead. Frustrating. We shouldn't have to hunt around to find accurate info or phone Wyndham or the resorts. That's what the website is supposed to support - less hassle for both owners and staff.

At least when there is a plan, I can whine about it not being accurate. I can tell a prospective renter not to take it too literally. Rather, look at the features, which should be represented in the floor plan even if the arrangement is not.

When there is no floor plan at all, I can't do either of those.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Anyone have a recommendation a specific room number for Kingsgate for a 2 bedroom? We are heading there Dec 14-16 for a weekend getaway.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation a specific room number for Kingsgate for a 2 bedroom? We are heading there Dec 14-16 for a weekend getaway.

I can't really offer a recommendation for where to stay, but avoid Buildings 1 and 4 near the activities center - parking in that area is exceptionally difficult. Other buildings have much more parking available. Without elevators, etc., unloading cars FAR from the unit is a pain.