• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Day without Cable and Internet

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I could go weeks or months without TV/Cable, but I do need internet.

I do not have issues with disconnecting, as I go on Tradewinds often, and well at sea on a catamaran there is often not good cell reception. So I could do without internet for a few days in a row and not have issues.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Some of my family members are off the internet and tv until Easter. They started the stoppage on Ash Wednesday.

I don't have internet or phone at our mountain hideout. I kind of like this. People that want to talk to me need to stop by.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
FYI- for any reader

Your home hot water tank has 30+ gallons of clean drinking water .There is a drain tap at the bottom that will allow you to access it as needed - in an emergency weather / no power situation .

Uhm, I just replaced my 10 year old water heater and about half of the contents were brown with chunks of mineral deposits and hard water build up...... Pass. Also, the average size single family water heater is 40 gallons. Just fyi

so 30 gallons of water to boil and then drink + 10 gallons of rust -sludge .

Actually part of our zombie apocalypse prep supplies include 1.75 litre of high quality vodka and 1.75 litre of Jameson Whisky.

good planning

I'll also pass on that suggestion after seeing what came out of my old hot water heater

When the ZOMBIES drink all :
your water bottles / vodka / whisky -

you will remember this TUG thread and will thank me .

LOL / but truly - still better than dying of dehydration .
and probably safer than those 2 year old FEMA water bottles under blue tarps in Puerto Rico .

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I have an AquaRain gravity filter for emergency water. It can take pond water and make it drinkable. It takes up about 1 cubic foot of closet space. It works better against pathogens which are in cysts that resist chlorination.

These type of filters are ceramic filters. They are very simple, easy to use and maintain.

ETA: If you are interested in this, now I would recommend the Berkey.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
so 30 gallons of water to boil and then drink + 10 gallons of rust -sludge .

good planning

When the ZOMBIES drink all :
your water bottles / vodka / whisky -

you will remember this TUG thread and will thank me .

LOL / but truly - still better than dying of dehydration .
and probably safer than those 2 year old FEMA water bottles under blue tarps in Puerto Rico .

the lack of potable water hasn't been a problem in coastal Va but I'll followup on the vodka recommendation

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
In a few months, we'll lose the use of our kitchen to a remodeling project.
We're planning to move the fridge to the patio and use the gas grill to cook.
We can put the microwave on a garden cart. But we'll miss the dishwasher.
But there's the laundry room sink... That's roughing it!
If you have an Instant Pot (generic name), get a ceramic insert. They allow you to make a lot of great meals.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
the lack of potable water hasn't been a problem in coastal Va but I'll followup on the vodka recommendation

Beer or rum as well -

I recall reading that GROG - a mixture of water and beer or rum was issued daily to sailors
on wind powered sailing ships of the British Navy .

Drinking Water was carried on board in cask / barrels - but over time (on a long voyage) the water would become slimy & have algae issues . Mixing it with alcohol alleviated these issues.

ship on board - Zombie Apocolypse - was not yet an issue in the 1700’s British Navy .
< 2019 - may currently be happening in parliament due to Brexit > LOL

thanks to Wikipedia / enter Grog .

Last edited:
Reactions: DrQ