• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 Ohio women held hostage now free

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
He (or with someone's help) saved the Ohio taxpayers a bundle, freed the victims from his memory (in time), and freed up space for another prisoner who might be rehabilitated. I repeat the earlier sentiment..... good riddance. Too bad he couldn't have done it pre-trial.

Jim

+1 In addition, his lawyers are now out of the feeding trough as well.

Cheers

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 In addition, his lawyers are now out of the feeding trough as well.

They are getting ink griping "We thought he'd be safe in prison." Safe from what/who? They maintain he was mentally ill. Well, duh.....

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone shed a tear?:bawl:
No one should.

geekette

Reaction score
Well, maybe his mom and his older kids.

From the article I read, a female relative did cry. They listed her name, a Castro-hyphenate, but did not specify the relation.

His family ended up victimized in a way, imo. I feel bad for them as they didn't get much chance to absorb the magnitude his horrific crimes and later just ask him Why, so they were robbed of closure, quite aside from being implicated by association in some regards (I hope that part was already over for them). I think they all truly Knew Nothing and are as devastated as the rest of us, but worse because he duped them all those years. They also have to live with the thought that maybe they Should Have Known, should have been able to get those girls out long ago and ratted out a sick bastard, family or no.

It would take time for them to heal up enough to face him, to ask him whatever they needed to. They have to live with his crimes without answers and that is far worse for them than for the rest of us. He's a monster and they have the tough luck of being related.

I just kinda wish he woulda been beaten to a bloody pulp before he got the chance to kill himself. But at least now they can yank his brain and figure out what his deal was.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
But at least now they can yank his brain and figure out what his deal was.

No, I highly doubt that's going to happen. Evil doesn't display on any imaging device or render itself in any lab finding. And I doubt it ever will.

geekette

Reaction score
No, I highly doubt that's going to happen. Evil doesn't display on any imaging device or render itself in any lab finding. And I doubt it ever will.

Not true. Seems to me that plenty was found in examining (oh crap, what was the cannibal guy that killed and ate people? I'm thinking he was in a northern prison when he died).

There can be neurological causes for such antisocial behavior and it's possible that parts of his brain were underdeveloped or otherwise damaged.

I do agree that probably Evil is not a detection category.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not true. Seems to me that plenty was found in examining (oh crap, what was the cannibal guy that killed and ate people? I'm thinking he was in a northern prison when he died).

There can be neurological causes for such antisocial behavior and it's possible that parts of his brain were underdeveloped or otherwise damaged.

I do agree that probably Evil is not a detection category.

Got a few examples?

You seem rather quick to dismiss the presence of evil. I'm not, and I've worked in the medical field for more years than I care to admit.

Let's face it, there are evil monsters that live among us. And in the vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing clinically pathologic in their brains. For every reference you can provide that had a clinical abnormality that someone feels caused their evil behaviour, there are countless others that had nothing clinically pathologic in their brains. And even if they did have a brain pathology, how will anyone prove it caused them to act improperly? There are vast numbers of people walking around with brain pathology that are decent, law abiding functioning citizens.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If a person can, by their own actions, become a saint then a person can, by their own actions, become a demon.

If we follow the logic being offered here, we should be examining the brains of deceased saints to find out what made them good. In fact since "good" is what we want to promote and enhance, the logic to examine their brains would be even more compelling than the logic for examining the brains of the depraved.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
(oh crap, what was the cannibal guy that killed and ate people? I'm thinking he was in a northern prison when he died).

Jeffrey Dahmer. But he was beaten to death by another prisoner, as I recall. Another socially maladjusted case.

Dave

geekette

Reaction score
Jeffrey Dahmer. But he was beaten to death by another prisoner, as I recall. Another socially maladjusted case.

Dave

DAHMER!!! Thank you, it was bugging me that the only name I could come up with was a local monster, Baumeister.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Einstein's brain

If a person can, by their own actions, become a saint then a person can, by their own actions, become a demon.

If we follow the logic being offered here, we should be examining the brains of deceased saints to find out what made them good. In fact since "good" is what we want to promote and enhance, the logic to examine their brains would be even more compelling than the logic for examining the brains of the depraved.

Following along this same line of thinking, Albert Einstein's brain was removed from his body within hours of his demise. Here's the story, according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_brain

Good vs evil. Smart vs dumb. Etc. vs etc.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DAHMER!!! Thank you, it was bugging me that the only name I could come up with was a local monster, Baumeister.

I know, right? It's an even sadder commentary on our society that we have so many terrible examples to choose from. :ponder:

Dave

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, Jeff Dahmer. The picture example of evil at its worst. An intelligent, cunning, and extremely deceptive person that calmly invited several police officers into his apartment, and convinced them the drugged young man running away from him in the street was his lover. Unfortunately, the police didn't look in his refrigerator, but why in the world would they? Within several hours that young man was murdered at the hands of Dahmer.

Happened in MKE, my home town. He fooled Milwaukees finest.

Police that are trained to see what others can't see, and pick up on ques of deceit. Nothing wrong with Dahmers brain. Just plain evil.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Ah yes, Jeff Dahmer. The picture example of evil at its worst. An intelligent, cunning, and extremely deceptive person that calmly invited several police officers into his apartment, and convinced them the drugged young man running away from him in the street was his lover. Unfortunately, the police didn't look in his refrigerator, but why in the world would they? Within several hours that young man was murdered at the hands of Dahmer.

Happened in MKE, my home town. He fooled Milwaukees finest.

Police that are trained to see what others can't see, and pick up on ques of deceit. Nothing wrong with Dahmers brain. Just plain evil.

Milwaukee! Yes, north!

That was one freaky dude. stuff of nightmares.

There was something with him, tho, I forget if he was alcohol syndrome baby or something like that, but I thought they studied him and found that he had been unable to develop a conscience, like that part of the brain was damaged.

geekette

Reaction score
I know, right? It's an even sadder commentary on our society that we have so many terrible examples to choose from. :ponder:

Dave

It's incredibly disturbing!

and these are only the ones we know about.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee! Yes, north!

That was one freaky dude. stuff of nightmares.

There was something with him, tho, I forget if he was alcohol syndrome baby or something like that, but I thought they studied him and found that he had been unable to develop a conscience, like that part of the brain was damaged.

Freaky dude, indeed..

Try, try again. No, he was just evil.

Last edited:

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
do you see evil and psychopathic as one and the same? Curious, because many psychiatrists, therapists etc have diagnosed Dahmer, serial killers and the pair that did the home invasion in Connecticut as psychopathic personality. Historically they abused and killed animals as children. They have NO conscience
Pat

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And I forgot most recently, the young man who shot and killed all those children in Connecticut, evil or without a conscience (superego in psychiatric language)