TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

2BR Premier at Lagoon Tower - unit location

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by GregT, May 26, 2018.

1. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), Aulani, Worldmark
    All,

I’m trying to arrange a return trip to HHV next year and we love the Lagoon Tower. We’ve stayed in the 2BR Premier several times and think the location is stunning.

I am curious what TUGgers experience has been for unit location. Both times that I have checked in mid-week (or on Friday), I was placed in a lower floor unit. The one time I checked in on a Saturday, I got a very high floor (and the Friday check-in, I moved to a very high floor on Saturday). I think I was on the 20th and 22nd floors.

I’m curious if any TUGgers have been successful getting a high floor (or really, anything 12th floor or higher) when checking in on a day other than a Saturday. I am thinking that maybe the higher floor units are held for owners, which would make it challenging to get a higher floor when not checking in on a Saturday. Or, my sample size is too small, and TUGgers have had success with high floors throughout the week.

Target reservation for next year is April, but also thinking about future travel in February. Please advise and thank you!

Best,

Greg

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

It depends on the existing guests who are checked in for the week. We checked in last year midweek June in 2BX and were given the 22 floor on the EWA side (which I now prefer for greater privacy and less noise). We were staying for 14 days which might have had something to do with the placement and saving on housekeeping. They said we might need to change on Sat to get a better room but we lucked out and were able to accommodate us. We are not owners.

The prior year we were on the 14th floor on the Diamond Head side with BX.

We are checking in again midweek so we'll see what we get this year because we are staying only 5 days in BX then will try Grand Islander on a VIP, then a few days at Marriott Ko'Lina for a presentation stay.

Hope this helps.

GregT likes this.
  3. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Why don't you try to get 2LX? Then you will know which floor you will be on (penthouse). If you are thinking of February of next year, there is a 2LX available now starting February 21. You can "walk" it later.

Honestly, you could also get 3PL or 3BP (both 3 Bds) but for some reason, it is the same number of points are 2LX.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  4. ljmiii

ljmiii TUG Member

To flip it around, I can tell you that as a Premier owner checking in on Saturday using 'Home Week' reservations there is no particular rhyme or reason to the room I've been assigned. I've always reserved at the 12-month mark and asked for a high floor. Over the past ten years EOY we've gotten 2360 (Amazing!), 662 (behind the palm fronds), 15-ish65, 1262, and 2069 (marina-side). Go figure.

5. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Do you request any particular room?

6. ljmiii

ljmiii TUG Member

My only request was for a high floor since I'm more or less equally happy with all the 2BR floor plans and really only care about the better view and easier elevator access of higher floors at the Lagoon tower.

7. CiCi

CiCi Guest

We just got back from Hawaii, had checked in on a Monday at HHV and was placed in our 2-bedroom premier on the 26th floor of the Grand Waikikian. Don’t know if it was because of the tower we had selected or the availability of the room type we reserved...we are owners in FL not HI.

Fingers crossed for you,
    CiCi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jehb2

jehb2 TUG Member

There is greater turn-over on Friday and Saturday thus in theory your chances are greater for getting a higher (or so I’ve been told). Personally I believe it’s a crap shoot.

9. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Greg,

Having stayed at hhv all these years in lagoon, kalia, grand waikikian and grand islander it is a crap shoot by my book. I have checked in friday, saturday and sunday predominantly but have gotten high floors to low floors. No rhyme or reason.

My favorite is the grand islander now. With parking at $43 a night at hhv, i just park at hale koa garage. $180 for a months parking is a deal in waikiki. For that reason we are spending 3 weeks starting tomorrow at grand islander. Then will spend another month starting in july at GI. Gotta make buying the month long parking pass worthwhile :)
    It's rough staying at grand islander and marriott koolina!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

taffy19, strgrace1 and GregT like this.
  10. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Yes, some people do certainly have it rough. :bawl:

11. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark, Vistana, Disney, Hilton
    We generally arrive on Saturday so I can't say about the other days of the week.
    I would expect a greater turn-over on the weekend which would give the front desk greater access to inventory.

12. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), Aulani, Worldmark
    All,

Thank you for the responses, they are very helpful. It doesn’t look like I need to target a Saturday arrival, and I will pick whatever arrival date works with the travel plans and then hope for the best.

Thanks again TUGgers — looking forward to next Hawaii trip!

Best,

Greg

13. strgrace1

strgrace1 TUG Member

Hello, where is Hale Koa garage? Is this the one across from Hilton Hawaiian village? Do you need reservation? We will be there in mid August and where do you book car rental? Thank you, Grace

14. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Hale koa garage is on kalia road across the street from the grand islander and kalia tower.

No reservations needed but the monthly pass might not be available if garage is busy.

You can book a national car rental at the bottom of grand islander as they have a kiosk here.

When in august will you be here?

15. strgrace1

strgrace1 TUG Member

Hi Frank808, we will be in 2 weeks from August 18 to September 1st. Will it be busy during this time? We plan to book 2 weeks and will pick up from airport. Thank you, Grace

16. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

That is toward the tail end of summer. Should not be bad as i got a pass for this month from may 30 to june 30. Will also be back from july 17 to aug 17. Will report back if i was able to buy a pass next month.

17. CalGalTraveler

Checked in midweek, and was pleased to be placed in a very high floor oceanfront again.

FWIW Front desk said we are elite and that helped with room placement. This happened last year too. They also brought us welcome gifts and gave us wrist band keys which are fantastic because you can swim with them and not fumbling for room keys. Apparently the keys are new but only for elites.

We have been told by reps in the past we are considered elite because we bought developer in NYC by Hilton club. I thought their lips were moving...so thought nothing of it.

OTOH, maybe they just meant preference because we are HGVC owners.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 5:27 PM
    GregT likes this.
  18. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Nope we just checked out after 3 weeks. Did not get wristbands from grand islander and we are not elite as we are resale owners.

Did you buy direct for NYC?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. CalGalTraveler

Yes bought developer before we discovered Tug and resale.

20. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

More elite than us resale buyers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21. CalGalTraveler

Nice to see at least some recognition with this (and AI benefit) given the pound of flesh we paid. :cool:

Going to Grand Islander next. Looking forward to checking it out.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 10:15 PM
  22. CalGalTraveler

BTW...fun Korean BBQ cook-at-your-table restaurant across the street:

Korean Kangnam Gangnam BBQ
    Near IHop.

The Foodland at Ala Moana also has a great poke bar where you can stock up your fridge.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:18 PM
  23. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

If you are a view person you will be disappointed compared to lagoon oceanfront. GI has smaller balcony and room compared to lagoon premier 2br. Elevator situation is better than the lagoon tower. And point cost at GI os higher than lagoon.

24. CalGalTraveler

Thanks @frank8. We are only there a few days so it will be good to compare. I hear GI has its own pool which should be less crowded.

One of my pet peeves are that kids are allowed into the spas. One mom brought her 4 kids to swim in the Kalia spa with dive masks making it very crowded and uncomfortable for the adults in the spa. I also do not think diving in hot water is healthy for the kids.

Her 3 year old with no flotation ventured into the main Kalia pool and fell off the stairs and could not swim. Thank goodness there was an adult who grabbed her because mom was not paying attention. Mom thought nothing of it even though her child was traumatized and continued to let her other kids annoy the other guests

One guest commented that this was her first visit and she was shocked that they would allow kids under 16 to play in the spa - especially when the spas are crowded.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 8:28 PM