• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2018 Maintenance Fees

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Residence Club Incline Village (Lake Tahoe)
Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun (maybe, someday), Grand Luxxe now
This is our first year of ownership for 2 units... when are you all usually billed for maintenance fees? It's late December and we haven't been billed for High Sierra or Ka'anapali yet. Thanks.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our first year of ownership for 2 units... when are you all usually billed for maintenance fees? It's late December and we haven't been billed for High Sierra or Ka'anapali yet. Thanks.

Not entirely sure, but judging from @WalnutBaron 's post above, it probably happens after the annual owner's meeting, which is different for the different HOAs/resorts.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
High Sierra dues came out in Oct. I would call them if you have any requests on the wait list. After the dues are assessed, they won't confirm any requests until the dues are fully paid.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ka,anapali just came out. Ours went up 15.56%
That's confiscatory. After all you HKB owners have been through this year, HRC just capped it off with a very large piece of coal in your Christmas stocking.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Week 18, Unit 439 1BR Premium, Platinum Season 2000 Points

2018 Maintenance Fee $1,235.25
2018 Reserves 146.02
2018 Property Taxes 211.32
2018 HRC Dues 153.00
2018 Carmel Wastewater 20.74

Total 2018 Fees $1,766.33

Total 2017 Fees $1,728.39

Change from LY 37.94

% Change +2.2%

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ka,anapali just came out. Ours went up 15.56%
What's the breakdown of the MF? If the change is due to property taxes, that would be understandable. However, if it's related to pure operational costs, that would need further explanation. If the line-item changes are associated with Hyatt management costs, that would seem to indicate Hyatt was previously separately funding the resort costs to artifically keep the MF low for marketing purposes. Then too it might be related to moving a large inventory out of the HRC program and passing a related segment of costs onto the HRC MF.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was fee increases like these that caused me to sell my Marriott Weeks many years ago and buy at carefully selected HOA Controlled Independent Resorts. Yes, the quality was not Marriott quality but the units were decent and well maintained. I had 4 Marriott Weeks and ended up with 6 Weeks at Independent Resorts.

The fees at the Independent Resorts were between 35% and 40% of Marriotts. In addition I sold my 4 Marriott Weeks for something like $85,000 and paid something like $8,000 for my 6 Independent Resort Weeks. The moral of this story is unless money is not a consideration, be nimble and be willing to settle for decent but lesser quality Resorts.

George

taffy19

Reaction score
What's the breakdown of the MF? If the change is due to property taxes, that would be understandable. However, if it's related to pure operational costs, that would need further explanation. If the line-item changes are associated with Hyatt management costs, that would seem to indicate Hyatt was previously separately funding the resort costs to artifically keep the MF low for marketing purposes. Then too it might be related to moving a large inventory out of the HRC program and passing a related segment of costs onto the HRC MF.
I logged in the account and had to change my password to something else. I do not see a breakdown of our maintenance fee. I am going to call them because I didn't even get an email that the maintenance fees are due.

Last year we paid $1,448.47 and now the maintenance fee is $1,774.07 that may include the ARDA fee?

bluemax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Valdoro Mountain Lodge (HGVC), Hilton Hawaiian Village (HGVC), Hyatt Lost Pines,
Has anyone consolidated the Hyatt maintenance fees as yet into one spreadsheet?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone consolidated the Hyatt maintenance fees as yet into one spreadsheet?

Not that I know of. I think there was some talk of doing it at one point, but I don't think it was ever done.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. I think there was some talk of doing it at one point, but I don't think it was ever done.

If you go to the Sticky named "2017 Hyatt Maintenance Fees", there is a PDF in WalnutBaron's first post. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sticky-2017-hyatt-maintenance-fees.258239/

The PDF has MF's for select HRC properties that provides some current and historical info. It's a start, however needs more HRC owner input here on TUG to provide more properties and MF info (current & historical).

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Coconut Plantation: [2018] For 2BR non lockoff, week 2
Maintenance Fee $ 980.03
Reserves 241.67