• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Movie Pass

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably could have even disputed it online.

Yeah, I thought this might take a back and forth, but rep knew the deal and no problem at all. Now I am out of luck, no plan (theater or otherwise) available here for now. I suppose I saved enough to pay for once!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are still using AMC A-List. Though next month is our one year and the $19.95 price was guaranteed for a year if we retained the membership. So next month it goes up to $21.95 and now because we live in Florida we pay 7% sales tax on it where there was no tax on it in Ohio. Another downer about taxes here is that we now pay it on carryout and drive through orders where in Ohio neither of those had tax. Though I found out that when we order contact lenses in Florida, there is no sales tax. So I am thinking it balances out in the end.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
But Ohio has a state tax. We're still stuck just paying cash, no options here.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
But Ohio has a state tax. We're still stuck just paying cash, no options here.
True, we are saving a bunch in state and local income tax. Though we are also paying a bunch to register our cars here for the first time.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
True, we are saving a bunch in state and local income tax. Though we are also paying a bunch to register our cars here for the first time.

Yeah? You got no sympathy from me in California...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do have sympathy for you

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, another change to a chain, for the worse. My second closest theater, 26 miles, is a Cinemark. Cinemark has cheapie Tuesdays, which for our area is $5. Starting sometime shortly, no more! You have to be enrolled in their monthly program Movie Club to get the cheaper Tuesday rate. Their Movie Club isn't a decent deal at all, for us at least. So, we'll be back to our favorite Native American theater I guess once it changes for all our movies. We don't go to Cinemark very often since it's so much further, sometimes it just has a movie we do not have. Fortunately, the Choctaw theater is doubling their size in the next year or so, which should allow them to have the less popular but still good movies.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The company certainly won't be able to afford to buy everyone credit monitoring service or pay them $125 each, I suspect this will do them in.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
So, another change to a chain, for the worse. My second closest theater, 26 miles, is a Cinemark. Cinemark has cheapie Tuesdays, which for our area is $5. Starting sometime shortly, no more! You have to be enrolled in their monthly program Movie Club to get the cheaper Tuesday rate. Their Movie Club isn't a decent deal at all, for us at least. S

We have had the Cinemark Movie Club for over a year now, and been pretty happy with it. But of course I have a Cinemark with 20 screens less than 4 miles from me, and another complex less than 20 miles. Since there some months that we don't go to the movies, the rollover tickets work good for us.