• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vlt

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received ours as well! I forgot to post updates on here as we went but I faxed my lettter and sent a certified copy. The recission was complete before they even received my mailed copy.

I verified everything a few days before receiving the letter by calling account services. I specifically asked the amount credited back (which was correct) and what to do with the Amazon Tablet and Dream Book etc. The woman spoke to a supervisor and assured me that everything was complete and the promo items were ours and we can 'give them to a friend interested in Wyndham' lol. I'm going to verify the funds have been replaced with my financial institution and as long as that is the case, I'll keep the tablet and give it to my kids!

Congrats on getting out in time as well!

Thanks! Just waiting for the refund now.

idle.hands

Reaction score
Thanks! Just waiting for the refund now.
Hello vlt and others. This post as been so helpful as I too got caught in their deceptive sales pitch. (being sleep deprived and rushed to get to my flight also didn't help my judgement :-( ) I feel so dumb for getting suckered.

However, within hours I was back home and emailing the rescission letter. Email was an option on the Californian Wyndham contract I have. The next day I also sent a cancellation letter to the LV address on the contract via registered mail (called Express post here in Canada as the post office clerk told be that is "registered mail"). I think I may also fax too to be sure!

I am wondering how ya'll were notified that they did cancel the contract AND how long did it take for your deposit to be refunded on your credit card?

Thanks!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how ya'll were notified that they did cancel the contract AND how long did it take for your deposit to be refunded on your credit card?

Keep in mind that neither the resort nor the sales people are required to notify you. Rarely do we hear that it does happen. I guess you will know when your credit card charge is reversed.

They have up to 45 days to refund you but rarely does it take that long. So there is no need to contact anyone at the resort because likely what will happen is the people there will try to talk you out of rescinding. Just sit back and wait patiently.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello vlt and others. This post as been so helpful as I too got caught in their deceptive sales pitch. (being sleep deprived and rushed to get to my flight also didn't help my judgement :-( ) I feel so dumb for getting suckered.

However, within hours I was back home and emailing the rescission letter. Email was an option on the Californian Wyndham contract I have. The next day I also sent a cancellation letter to the LV address on the contract via registered mail (called Express post here in Canada as the post office clerk told be that is "registered mail"). I think I may also fax too to be sure!

Thanks!
You might get a phone call offering a discounted price or more bonus points if you would not rescind.

If you don't recognize the phone number calling you for the next week or so I wouldn't answer it .

Lile05

Reaction score
Hello!

We are currently staying at Bonnet Creek and went to a sales presentation on Thursday 11/17/16. After listening to all the B.S. our salesman was spewing, my husband fell hook line and sinker for the 'it will pay for itself' line . I'll admit, it sounded like a great deal with huge discounts, maintenance fees paying for themselves and being able to rent units for $2000 with no fees deducted by Wyndham!

I know, I know... we should have never been in that presentation, but I honestly did want to learn more about Wyndham as it has some awesome locations we want to try.

So now to the point of my post... After showing my husband everything I found on here (THANK YOU BTW), I've already drafted our cancelation letter and copied the first page of our contract to send to Wyndham Contact Recissions. I should thank Bonnet Creek for letting me print those items free of charge lol. I feel fairly confident that the process will work as it's supposed to thanks to reading everyone's posts on here, but my main concern is what to do with the items given during our purchase? We received an Amazon Fire tablet with a lot of the literature loaded on to it. What should I do with it? Does it need to go back with my letter?

Also, we were approved for a PayPal credit line for the entire purchase amount. Has anyone had any issues getting that credited back to $0?

Another stupid move on my part was trying to handle this immediately the next morning by going to the sales department and trying to give it back (the tablet). All that got me was another sit down with our salesman and him blatantly lying about the rescission period. He claimed it was 15 days repeatedly until I called him out and said the contract we signed clearly stated 10. He also gave me his cell number and asked I call him after work hours so he can give me all the tricks to making money of this 'investment' lol.

So now, we have our letter signed and ready to send and I've found a fax number as well. If anyone could advise as to what to do with all of our literature, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd also appreciate any additional contact information to follow up this process such as emails or phone numbers.

Thanks again!

HI would you happen to. Still have that fax number or how did you find it. Same situation and I mailed the letter but wanted to fax as well

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the fax number?
702-304-4217 Attention Rescission Department. That used to be in the contract as a Rescinding option with the address but Wyndham took it out.
Let us know if that fax # is no longer good

rmptn

Reaction score
I too went to Wyndham presentation this past Saturday. They touted it as an opportunity to figure out why I have never used what I purchased in 2010. I told them because I was lied to, I had told them the only way I would sign up was if the resorts allowed dogs (I am single and travel with my dog). They assured me that it was. Now I have purchased more points because they said I only had 84,000 and that was why even when I did not want to travel with my pet, I could not see available reservations other than studios. (I had VIP points for 2 years and tried to book for me and my sister - unsuccessfully). They said many places allow dogs now but I would have to go thru Wyndham partners. I tried today to make a reservation, I found out, not many options for pets and not where I wanted to travel in the near future. I was also advised that it would cost me more points than if I booked a resort - WHAT?

Anyway, I have 10 days to cancel the contract and I see forums saying you need specific information in the letter, however, I could not locate the specific information needed. What besides my name & contract number do I need in the letter to cancel my contract?

Thank you.
P.S. I am also getting rid of my original 84, 000 points in Old Town, Alexandria since they told me it is no longer considered DC and was dropped in the ranking. Now National Harbor in Maryland is considered DC. That is funny because Old Town is much closer to downtown
DC than the National Harbor.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
P.S. I am also getting rid of my original 84, 000 points in Old Town, Alexandria since they told me it is no longer considered DC and was dropped in the ranking. Now National Harbor in Maryland is considered DC. That is funny because Old Town is much closer to downtown
DC than the National Harbor

Another one of their lies! Old Town Alexandria is much more convenient to do DC than National Harbor. Don't get rid of it because of what they told you. OTA is still very much in demand, it is much easier to find reservations at National Harbor than OTA.

rmptn

Reaction score
Another one of their lies! Old Town Alexandria is much more convenient to do DC than National Harbor. Don't get rid of it because of what they told you. OTA is still very much in demand, it is much easier to find reservations at National Harbor than OTA.
I am getting rid of it - I had it since 2010 and was never able to use it, they said because I only have 84,000 points. I need dog friendly vacations otherwise I pay as much for a dog sitter.

rmptn

Reaction score
I need to know the exact info I need in my letter to cancel the Midtown Manhatten points I just purchased Saturday.

I do not believe anything they say anymore - it is considered the highest ranking because it's in the middle of a city????? Yet the sales person let slip they all bought somewhere in the South due to the low maintenance fees? So why exactly do you need to buy a popular location? or what I was told was a high ranking location?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to know the exact info I need in my letter to cancel the Midtown Manhatten points I just purchased Saturday.

I do not believe anything they say anymore - it is considered the highest ranking because it's in the middle of a city????? Yet the sales person let slip they all bought somewhere in the South due to the low maintenance fees? So why exactly do you need to buy a popular location? or what I was told was a high ranking location?
Rescission information should be on the last page of the contract just above your signature. Keep the rescission letter simple.
I am/ We are canceling contract number _ _ _ _ _ _ _ purchased at _ _ _ _ _ _ Resort
Sign and date.
Print name

Just make sure everyone that is on and signed the contract also signs and dates the rescission letter.
Use USPS certified mail so you can track delivery and print confirmation that it was delivered.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post#14 on page 1 of this thread has both addresses the cancellation can be mailed to

rmptn

Reaction score
Rescission information should be on the last page of the contract just above your signature. Keep the rescission letter simple.
I am/ We are canceling contract number _ _ _ _ _ _ _ purchased at _ _ _ _ _ _ Resort
Sign and date.
Print name

Just make sure everyone that is on and signed the contract also signs and dates the rescission letter.
Use USPS certified mail so you can track delivery and print confirmation that it was delivered.
Thank you.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

The sales people are lying. THEY ALL claim to be VIP Owners to convince you how great it is. They are not.

Points are points regardless of which resort they are deeded at, unless you need ARP- since you only get this at your home resort in more instances.

rmptn

Reaction score
Received my rescission confirmation yesterday. Thank you everyone for assisting me with the canceling this contract.

Backnine39

Reaction score
This maybe something new but there is an actual notice of cancellation letter in your package with clear instructions on where to send the notice to, Both addresses PO box and office. Plus instructions on how to send it.

Mind you. Its buried in the package. I mean BURIED.

There's even a legal disclaimer in the bottom of the letter stating prospective buyer MUST be provided a copy of the notice of cancellation.

Spiderboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hi all—

I'm new to this forum, but not to timeshare ownership, as I've been a Worldmark owner since 2000. Six thousand credits, a total that's never changed.

I agreed to buy a timeshare upgrade in Anaheim on Friday, April 27 (to 11,000 credits and various other benefits) for about $14,000, and almost immediately regretted it. I decided to rescind as soon as I realized that the timeshare resale market generally pays quite poorly. So on Monday, April 30, I sent two letters to the Wyndham/Worldmark Rescission department. In both cases I included a letter and the Notice of Cancellation form. The letter essentially restated the statement on the cancellation form. I made sure my member number, the contract number, and the date of purchase was on each document (letter and form). The first was sent priority mail, signature confirmation, and arrived in Orlando on Friday, May 4. The second was sent priority mail, certified, and arrived in Orlando on Wednesday, May 2. I made a slight error on the contract number on the first letter (a leading zero omitted), part of the reason I sent the second letter later in the day.

On the same day (April 30), I also faxed the same letter and cancellation form twice to the the number provided on the Cancellation form--first time with the contract number error, and the second time with the correct contract number. I called Wyndham on Wednesday, May 2, and got confirmation that the rescission was accepted and in process the day before. (Under CA law, the faxed rescission was enough, as it states in the Notice of Cancellation form.)

I made no notes, so I called again on Friday, May 4, and made notes, including the first name of the person I talked to. This time, I was told that the "rescission has been accepted and is in progress," and had been since May 1. The man I spoke to also had a record of the fact I called another rep on Wednesday, and what she had recorded. I wrote that all down and took a photo of my (dated) notes after the call was over. I also have the receipts for the postage, and the certified receipt, as well the complete tracking history saved from USPS (including the name of the person who signed for the priority mail at Wyndham).

I have not yet received any confirmation that the rescission process is complete. And I am fortunate I made no deposit, but rather would have had the deposit (over $8K) assigned to my new Wyndham credit card (which I think I no longer want).

I am nonetheless a nervous nellie at heart, and the fact that I fell for this timeshare expansion sale again (a repeat of three years ago, when I also rescinded within a week after a CA purchase, with no problems) still unsettles me. So I'm just wondering if anyone has had problems with Worldmark or Wyndham rescission, when they've done it within the legal time period (for California, where I also live, it is seven days).

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
AFAIK, there have been no problems with appropriately executed rescisions by WM or Wyndham.

You should be fine.

A letter with contract #, 'rescind' and signatures, postmarked within the dates and sent via the designated method to the correct address should go thru without a hitch.

They have no requirement to notify you need only to comply with (appropriate) state law.
Congrats.....sounds like you dodged the bullet.

Spiderboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thanks. Though with a phone number and email, I can check on the status of the rescission relatively easily myself. Wyndham/Worldmark's financial services reps have been very helpful so far, fortunately.

Spiderboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just a note that Wyndham/Worldmark sent me the official rescission letter today—just one week after I sent in my letters and faxes. That seems a lot faster than the last time I rescinded, and about the same wait a few other people in this thread experienced.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like we just pretty much got the same deal, and after feeling like we were pressured into moving on a deal that would not be there later, we caved. Knowing during the signing I had 5 days to cancel allows me to come home and regroup. My question is how do I go about getting the same package/better on the resale area. They made it sound we could only get to VIP if we purchase 400,000 points and the only way to get the Wyndham Club Access was through them.

I guess I should be rescinding as well it seems.
You can only get VIP through them. You can get access on resale. It takes about 15 to 20 years to recoup the cost of developer points. It is all able to be to be transferred.

KaylaD

Reaction score
Please help I do understand this may be an old thread but my husband and I have fallen victim to the Wyndham scam from New Orleans avenue resort presentation. They promised us extremely discounted tickets to the zoo and aquarium for attending the 90 minute session .. so 5 hours later and several “no thank you’s” we are signing for a 6 month no interest and no payment timeshare plan. It all seemed too good to be true and we feel so stupid for doing it. We did this on Saturday 6-9-18 and when we got home we have beentrying to call our rep to talk and find out info on what’s going on with the $20,000 we spent and he will not return our calls. I’ve called multiple other numbers too. I found the way to cancel and typed up my letter on 6-15-18.. day 6..... and I couldn’t send it till today due to the post office being closed all weekend. I’m in panic mode all because of two days .. Saturday andSunday .... I finally got an email to send the letter to as well but I found it today 6-18-18 ... what if they don’t approve it?What do we do? I’ve been trying to find outwhat to do.. it’s not like I’ve been sittinghere not doing anything, I can’t help thepost office is closed and the numbers I’vecalled are Monday through Friday as well.I’m freaking out! Is their 7 day periodbusiness days or actual 7 days? Can some shed some light on this while I waitimpatiently for their response.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
See my response to your other post. No need to double post. It can't hurt to mail the letter today. It's the best you can do.

Jim