• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] Innseason Pollard Brook Alliances-TLC and Disney

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
In this year's resort newsletter, board president Bill Scanzani mentioned that the resort has been able to keep strategic alliances with "partners" like Disney Vacation Club and "new alliances" with TLC Club, which recently took control of almost 500 weeks at Pollard. He said this has greatly helped the resort financially.

What exactly does this mean? What is this TLC Club? I never heard of them. How can they "control" 500 weeks? Aren't there only 52 weeks in a year? I know there are the EOY ownerships- but- 500 weeks?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the alliance stuff. But, the 500 weeks I think I can explain.

Example: If there are 200 units in a complex, each has 52 weeks associated with it. So technically there are 10,400 available weeks per year. 200 x 52.

A quick google search and the TLC club is either:

*The travel club for gay men over 40
*or something to do with Toastmasters International

I have a sales rep from Riverwalk that calls me from time to time (new resort this owner is building). During our last conversation I mentioned I already own a few TSs and will be looking to add one, but it wouldn't be Riverwalk as I feel that RCI will have an abundance of inventory to simply trade into. She came back with our owner has many affiliations with many different TS systems and owns a tremendous amount of weeks.

She then implied that he would be willing to buy the TSs I own so I would just own Riverwalk. The idea was I could get rid of me individual weeks that cost xxx per year in MFs and buy a fractional ownership with many more weeks to use/trade for about the same cost in MFs. Interesting concept...but falls flat once you factor in the upfront cost of buying. Anyway, maybe these affiliations have something to do with his ability to make things work because of his alliances with other organizations?? Just a far fetched guess.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't know anything about the alliance stuff. But, the 500 weeks I think I can explain.

Example: If there are 200 units in a complex, each has 52 weeks associated with it. So technically there are 10,400 available weeks per year. 200 x 52.

A quick google search and the TLC club is either:

*The travel club for gay men over 40
*or something to do with Toastmasters International

I have a sales rep from Riverwalk that calls me from time to time (new resort this owner is building). During our last conversation I mentioned I already own a few TSs and will be looking to add one, but it wouldn't be Riverwalk as I feel that RCI will have an abundance of inventory to simply trade into. She came back with our owner has many affiliations with many different TS systems and owns a tremendous amount of weeks.

She then implied that he would be willing to buy the TSs I own so I would just own Riverwalk. The idea was I could get rid of me individual weeks that cost xxx per year in MFs and buy a fractional ownership with many more weeks to use/trade for about the same cost in MFs. Interesting concept...but falls flat once you factor in the upfront cost of buying. Anyway, maybe these affiliations have something to do with his ability to make things work because of his alliances with other organizations?? Just a far fetched guess.

Oh- right! Silly me! Of course- each unit has 52 weeks! Duh!:doh: I wasn't thinking straight.

As for TLC Club- I also found this link- but still not getting it. http://www.vacationclub.in/

I get a bit suspicious when another entity controls that many units at a resort.Already have VERI managing and Innseason doing sales. What the?!

As for Riverwalk- no one has bothered me about it yet, but I am a very new owner at Pollard Brook. Will be up there starting on Sunday. I think I actually might be able to get into my summer unit, which I will be thrilled if they can do it. I called yesterday to request it and the front desk person said she thought she could do it for me. We shall see!:)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> I get a bit suspicious when another entity controls that many units at a resort.Already have VERI managing and Innseason doing sales. What the?! <snip>

VRI is merely the hired management company. Every timeshare resort has a management entity and it just happens to be VRI at a bunch of Inn Seasons properties.
That's not at all a bad thing btw --- I like VRI as a management company and we have owned several weeks at several VRI-managed facilities for many years now.
As for what on earth "TLC Club" might be, I haven't a clue, but it has no bearing on (or much relevance to) VRI's current management contract at your facility.

It can be a good thing when a solvent entity acquires a bunch of weeks at a facility (for whatever purpose) and pays their associated maintenance fees reliably.
I've seen this happen at one of our facilities (BlueGreen bought a whole bunch of weeks) and the reliable cash inflow has been welcome and beneficial to the resort.

It can be a bad thing if / when an entity is of questionable solvency and is unreliable in mf payment --- or it acquires enough weeks to constitute a dominant voting force. In a worst case scenario, that strong "voting block" can potentially allow them to get their hand-picked stooges and lackeys "elected" onto a BoD to loyally and blindly do their bidding --- initiating actions and decisions which may or may not be in the best interests of all the other owners. Fortunately, we've seen no evidence of any such BG "power play" yet at our place after their acquisitions (although I am now admittedly quite vigilant in very actively watching out for even any hint of a BG "power play").

A very interesting and complicated place sometimes, this strange Planet Timeshare. :ponder:

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Right. I know, Theo. But I am hoping someone on this board knows what this TLC Club is. I find it odd that all we can find on-line is the link I provided- which I can't figure how tis would be connected as it is in India or something and I don't see it being the over 40 Gay men's travel club!

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
TLC Travel Club

But I am hoping someone on this board knows what this TLC Club is. I find it odd that all we can find on-line is the link I provided- which I can't figure how tis would be connected as it is in India or something and I don't see it being the over 40 Gay men's travel club!

The Gatehouse investigated the TLC Travel Club last year. The answer is not as steamy as an over 40 gay men's travel club, but it's interesting enough, having a relationship to the Pawn Stars pawn shop in Vegas and Timeshare Liquidators (TL). TLC Travel Club is evidently part of some sausage-making machine that takes in defaulted weeks from HOAs and extrudes some points-based travel product that is peddled by Timeshare Liquidators' sales weasels. Quoting the Gatekeeper:
"TL took a different route, though; they tweaked their product and moved towards developing their own innovative club (TLC) to avoid the licensing and rescission requirements for resales."

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The Gatehouse investigated the TLC Travel Club last year. The answer is not as steamy as an over 40 gay men's travel club, but it's interesting enough, having a relationship to the Pawn Stars pawn shop in Vegas and Timeshare Liquidators (TL). TLC Travel Club is evidently part of some sausage-making machine that takes in defaulted weeks from HOAs and extrudes some points-based travel product that is peddled by Timeshare Liquidators' sales weasels. Quoting the Gatekeeper:

I saw something on Trip Advisor about this- comments regarding phone calls soliciting for what people thought might be timeshares- something with Las Vegas, etc. but I thought maybe it was some other company. It is all very strange. Tied to Pawn Stars? And Timeshare Liquidators? .....:ponder:

Thanks for the link to the Gate House article.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Interesting article, although a bit short on actual verification and / or documentation.

In any case, the writer asserts within the article cited above that the correct name for TLC is actually TLC Resorts Vacation Club, reportedly a "sister" company to Timeshare Liquidators. I dunno if it's the same entity under discussion here or if the name clarification helps with any searches or other efforts to clear away any of the smoke and mist regarding their whereabouts, purpose or intent. :shrug:

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Interesting article, although a bit short on actual verification and / or documentation.

In any case, the writer asserts within the article cited above that the correct name for TLC is actually TLC Resorts Vacation Club, reportedly a "sister" company to Timeshare Liquidators. I dunno if it's the same entity under discussion here or if the name clarification helps with any efforts to clear away the apparent smoke regarding their whereabouts, purpose or intent. :shrug:

Good point, Theo. In the Pollard Brook newsletter, he specifically calls it TLC Club, but- being they acquired 500 weeks, I guess it could be the same organization as mentioned in the article. Would make sense if these were weeks in default, etc. Still- no website. But it is an LLC and all these LLC's get set up to hide things. Something goes wrong, they close one (bankruptcy )and set up another. I personally think LLC's should be eliminated.:confused:

Last edited:

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Timeshare Liquidators

I saw something on Trip Advisor about this- comments regarding phone calls soliciting for what people thought might be timeshares- something with Las Vegas, etc. but I thought maybe it was some other company. It is all very strange. Tied to Pawn Stars? And Timeshare Liquidators? .....:ponder:

Thanks for the link to the Gate House article.

Our friends at Timeshare Liquidators have quite the footprint here on TUG.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
TLC Liquidators?

I'm not sure how many "sister companies" there are of Timeshare Liquidators, but here is a description of one in the Las Vegas Review-Journal:

TLC Liquidators

For TLC Liquidators, the recession was the impetus for its business model.

The Las Vegas-based company was created to fill a need created by the large number of vacation ownership units foreclosed upon during the recession,” said Steve Pollaro, director of operations for TLC Liquidators.

“We are a liquidator. In other words, several years ago, when the economy got into trouble, a lot of good hardworking owners lost their jobs or incomes. A lot of the first things to go were the luxury items, and those included vacation units,” he said.

Pollaro explained that once developers sell out a vacation ownership property completely, the homeowners association uses dues from members to operate.

“If their member base all of the sudden drops, they can end up having trouble,” Pollaro said.

That’s where TLC Liquidators comes in. TLC has contracts with major vacation unit homeowner associations across the country to liquidate units that have been foreclosed upon or are otherwise returned to the associations.

“When they get the inventory back, they contract with us to find another owner for the property. All of these properties have been 100 percent paid. (So) we’re able to sell them for a fraction of the cost for someone who originally bought them from a developer,” Pollaro said.

“We have inventory that people can pick up for as low as $5,000,” he said of units that may have sold for $19,000 or more.

One of the major selling points for vacation unit owners is their access to RCI exchange points that allow people to earn points on their units but then exchange them to stay in other units around the world. Many people seek a vacation ownership unit where they can get the most amount of points for the least amount of money and fees, said Pollaro, who has spent more than 30 years in the vacation ownership industry.

“It allows us to offer a very good product to people that is affordable to them, and they get a good value for what they buy,” he said.

That takes salespeople. “We’re actually looking right now for additional sales agents. We’re an expanding company,” Pollaro said, adding that the Las Vegas-headquartered company has offices not only in Las Vegas, but also Reno, Colorado, Utah and in the Poconos.

“We’re a fast-growing company — there’s a lot of opportunity,” he said. “We provide a good service to the community, and we provide a lot of jobs.”

Right now the company needs four salespeople, and one of its distributors needs three salespeople, Pollaro said.

“In the next 90 days, we’re going to open up another sales office,” he said. At that time, “we’re going to need a minimum of 13 salespeople, and we’re going to need administrative staff.”

TLC looks for salespeople with a genuine quality about them, Pollaro said.

“You don’t have to have a time-share background. You just have to have the right attitude and right way about yourself,” he said. “The whole thing is to have the ability to be yourself, be honest, talk to the folks, look them in the eye (and explain the product). We have a product that doesn’t need to be embellished. It’s a great value,” he said.

Often, he said, those interested in TLC’s units are already vacation unit owners. “When they see, for lack of a better term, wholesale, they see the value of it.”

In addition, Pollaro said the business model also enables people who may not have been able to afford vacation ownership in the past to get in on it now

“The nice thing is we get people involved from all walks of life. It makes sense,” he said, adding many people can easily spend $3,000 or $4,000 on a vacation.

“Unless you’re going to go home and burn your suitcases, it doesn’t take much to make it pay for itself,” Pollaro said.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point, Theo. In the Pollard Brook newsletter, he specifically calls it TLC Club, but- being they acquired 500 weeks, I guess it could be the same organization as mentioned in the article. Would make sense if these were weeks in default, etc. Still- no website. But it is an LLC and all these LLC's get set up to hide things. Something goes wrong, they close one (bankruptcy )and set up another. I personally think LLC's should be eliminated.

I don't want to veer sideways in the discussion at hand, but just as a relevant point of clarification, in a completely legitimate business the establishment of a LLC can "separate" and, to some degree protect, personal assets and personal liability from the fallout of (entirely legitimate and completely unintended) failure of a business.

On Planet Timeshare, however, the waters are a whole lot more murky. You are absolutely correct that in the uniquely murky and parasite-infested waters of Planet Timeshare, many LLC's exist for no other purpose than to obscure personal identity and avoid personal accountability and pave the way for a pre-planned, quick and convenient dissolution and disappearance into the wind at some point.

The timeshare industry is saddled with a terrible image and horrible reputation. Despite honest interval owners like us, who merely seek affordable travel and vacation opportunities, the entire timeshare industry has many peripheral parasites and the industry has earned and deserves every bit of its' unsavory reputation (IMnsHO).

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't want to veer sideways in the discussion at hand, but just as a relevant point of clarification, in a completely legitimate business the establishment of a LLC can "separate" and, to some degree protect, personal assets and personal liability from the fallout of potential (entirely legitimate and unintended) failure of a business.

On Planet Timeshare, however, the waters are a whole lot more murky. You are absolutely correct that in the uniquely murky and parasite-infested waters of Planet Timeshare, many LLC's exist for no other purpose than to obscure personal identity and avoid personal accountability and pave the way for a pre-planned, quick and convenient dissolution and disappearance into the wind at some point.

The timeshare industry is saddled with a terrible image and horrible reputation. Despite honest interval owners like us, who merely seek affordable travel and vacation opportunities, the entire timeshare industry has many peripheral parasites and the industry deserves every bit of its' unsavory reputation (IMnsHO).

Agreed. The reason I am so down on LLC's is also because there is something going on where I live (and has been for many years) where these LLC's are formed to disguise true intentions and are actually destroying communities in my county and several others. So when I see this regarding timeshares- well- red flags go up for me! If anything, there should be a closing of loopholes if possible to prevent this stuff from happening.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
And, how could he use the words Disney Vacation Club and TLC Club in the same sentence. Two totally different animals!

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
And, how could he use the words Disney Vacation Club and TLC Club in the same sentence. Two totally different animals!

Yes, a mouse and a RAT!

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Just bumped into this year old topic and wanted to add some possibilities. The 500 weeks obtained are probably spring and pre snow fall winter weeks that are difficult to sell. By hooking up with other outfits to buy the weeks, the developer may also still have the voting rights of those weeks and in that way continue to control the resort. I don't believe Pollard Brook/InnSeasons is run by an HOA, so this may very well be the case.