• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] About to Start the Foreclosure Process

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Well, you faced the bull.....and the bull blinked. Apparently.

Glad it worked out for you....you've been candid about it all...but certainly don't recommend this strategy for others.

Again, glad you can move on.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Thanks a lot for coming back for this update. It's always a little unsatisfying to get involved in someone's story in a forum like this and not get later results.

In addition, you provided us all with a ton of useful information. Factual information about every step in this process is hard to come by anywhere else. Not to imply that everyone's case would be treated exactly as yours was, but all correct information is helpful

Best of luck to you.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Update: Chapter 13 was filed w court on Friday. Lawyer explained that creditors will have 90 days to object but that in their experience, this doesn't happen. They submitted to judge that I would give up all contracts to Wyndham to settle that bill in full (this includes the 2 gifted ones in addition to the platinum membership).

My restructured payments will be $1000/month for 5 years through court by monthly certified check.

Husband still angry but knowing that he will be handling all finances without me jeopardizing our nest egg, is helping. I will have no weekly allowance except for gas money (fine by me for now--I freaked myself out on how stupid I am with money!)

Hell of a life-lesson but beats the alternative of paying Wyndham $2000 for 180 months (which I thought was 5 years but it's really 15 years!!!!) Expensive fix (lawyer retainer was $3500 plus 310 court filing fee in NYS). And, I'm still upset with myself that I trusted "sales weasel" when I could have rescinded in time (he "calmed" my worries that I'd use points toward maintenance fees and just refinance loan when I got home).

I wish I had done stupid stuff and rebelled when I was a teenager--maybe I could have avoided this stunt! I guess you don't get out of life without doing something stupid (although this was MONUMENTALLY stupid!)

Will update as I go through the next 90 days...thanks for listening.
Sad to hear but happy to know you are OK with your solution. I have posted my rescission letter partly online to make sure the practice of updates has been the ruin of Wyndham until now. The two companies split was best for some and hurtful for others. Only time will tell.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Chapter 13 was filed w court on Friday.....My restructured payments will be $1000/month for 5 years through court by monthly certified check.....but beats the alternative of paying Wyndham $2000 for 180 months (which I thought was 5 years but it's really 15 years!!!!).

My assumption is that the $1,000 is for all creditors not just Wyndham.

George

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
My assumption is that the $1,000 is for all creditors not just Wyndham.

George

Not that it's all that important but you replied to someone different from the original poster. The poster you refer to was another person who had a similar situation and came along much later in this same thread.

Just in case someone was confused about this response.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Not that it's all that important but you replied to someone different from the original poster. The poster you refer to was another person who had a similar situation and came along much later in this same thread.

Just in case someone was confused about this response.
The confused old lady who doesn't know anything and confuses everyone.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark by Wyndham
Good Morning! OP here. NOTHING ZERO NADA to report. It's been radio silence for the both of us.....yet I still get the travel magazine in the mail. I was wondering if they'll start it back up around the holidays, or if they are working on more pressing matters than ours, but I told ex to NOT contact them no matter how badly he wants to know what they're doing on their end. I do occasionally wonder why they're dragging their feet on this. Just close out the issue / "prosecute" us and get it over with already. Hmmm. Thoughts?

So nothing transpired between the receiving of a 1099-A and this most recent tax year I think I may have missed a post.