• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Quarter House maintenance fees remain the same 6 years in a row

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
This thread shows that a resort can indeed not have runaway maintenance fees and still be well run. I am talking about increases, not absolute levels of fees, so underfunded reserves cannot be the explanation. A high reserve fee that doesn't change and a low reserve fee that doesn't change are both zero increases.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm at QH now and will make sure Nikki knows her efforts are noticed and appreciated.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Another with no increases is Fox Hills in Mishicot, Wisconsin. $498 for a 2 bed, and it's been that way for many years. I don't think we have experienced a single increase. This is one of my RCI Points resorts, so I get like 56,500 points for $498. Not bad.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm at QH now and will make sure Nikki knows her efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Two responses from Nikki Krivjanick, General Manager at Quarter House, posted here with her permission:

1) We appreciate you and all the other owners that notice how hard we are working to keep everything great for you. It can be a challenge but I must say when you love your job it makes things easier for everyone. I will always give my best to you all and find ways to cut costs. I hope you are having a great stay with us and if you need me for anything please do not hesitate to call on me. Have the front desk locate me in the building as I am working in some of the rooms moving things around with my staff.

2) FYI We are GOLD CROWN for 2020! Just received the good news and I thought you may want to know this.
Happy Thanksgiving! and I will be back on Friday morning.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone at this resort is doing any excellent job in controlling operation costs and still maintaining this resort at Gold Crown level. IMHO.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Received the Fall 2019 newsletter from Quarter House. As noted above, maintenance fees stay the same for 2020. One thing QH did to hold down costs is Housekeeping is now only available on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

One note worth passing along:

CITY ORDINANCE ON SHORT TERM RENTALS

Due to a new Ordinance from The City of New Orleans regarding short term rentals, The Quarter House Home Owner's Association wants you to be aware of what is required to post a listing

A permit must be obtained by each owner from The City of New Orleans (with a fee of approximately $500) to list suites for rent on sites such as Air B'n'B, HomeAway, VRBO, etc. If not done correctly according to the ordinance rules, The City can charge you costly penalties.

Please keep in mind that our policies do allow owners to self-rent or to use Quarter House's rental program. Any questions regarding this matter should be directed to Nikki Krivjanick, General Manager.

END QUOTE

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Ron Parise ever post anymore?

He was on today @ 8:13 am.

His last actual posting was September 4th, 2019.

He used to be a prolific poster; I have no idea why he is not posting like he used to.

Maybe he will read this and let us all know!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He was on today @ 8:13 am.

His last actual posting was September 4th, 2019.

He used to be a prolific poster; I have no idea why he is not posting like he used to.

Maybe he will read this and let us all know!

If you go back and review his posts, you find that he no longer is involved in the timeshare business to the extent he was. There's a lot more to it than that but if you do the research, you can put it together.

Ron had experiences that most of us couldn't even think of. He had strong views about many things but he was hardly the burning bush and the forum carries on, especially when it comes to Quarter House, where I'm pretty sure Ron had no ownership.