TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

[ 2014 ] How to cancel Westgate Timeshare

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by Misepulved, Jul 16, 2014.

1. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

A very charitable and polite bit of understatement...;)

2. mags76

mags76 Guest

Thank you

Thanks for the advice, we will be sending it to both addresses. One final question, we're in Canada and we're gonna send this via registered mail through Canada Post. Is there anything we should do to cover our asses by verifying that the contents of the envelope contain the above letter? Is getting a photocopy of the letter before we send it enough legal-wise?

3. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Not really familiar with the differences between Canada Post and USPS. If you get a receipt that it's sent, then you're good to go. If not, photocopy and date-stamp a copy. We recommend sending a COPY of the original contract along with the letter for identification purposes, and of course if both you and the wife signed it (or anyone else) both of those signatures need to be on the rescission.

I also don't know the difference between 'Registered' and 'Certified' in Canada Post. We would just send it 'Certified here' It's Cheaper.

Glad you found us.....

Jim

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  4. lovebug143

lovebug143 Guest

Hi, I have another question, they received my cancellation later april 23 before my cancellation days end. and today i got welcome letter instead?what am i gonna do?i also mail everything including the stuff they gave.

5. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

You've double posted this question and it was answered already in another thread. The welcome letter was automatically generated shortly after you signed the contract. It is now irrelevant and meaningless with a timely submitted rescission already in process since then. Just "welcome" that "welcome" letter right into your recycling bin.

Your timely submitted rescission will be processed, although it could (lawfully) take up to 45 days before you actually have the refund of your deposit firmly in hand.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. lovebug143

lovebug143 Guest

I just noticed it was been double questions. LOL .. But Thank you for replying me. :)

7. Drewski

Drewski Guest

Didnt want to start a new thread..

I followed to whole process to cancel a timeshare. All within the 10 days.

Agent of course called the first day he got the news and someone answered the call. he mentioned we were doing it wrong and we just told him to call back and now he calls pretty much everyday.

Do I wanna hear what is the problem or just keep ignoring calls?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

The sales person has ZERO input on your recession - he just wants to talk you out of it and save his commission.

An entirely different department handles recessions.

DON'T CALL!

9. VictorE

VictorE Guest

Question: I send my cancellation yesterday and they received it today, should I be expecting a call from them anytime soon, also what happens if they don’t call me at all should I be worried? Don’t want them to withdraw payments from my account. Please send me some advice thank you

10. VictorE

VictorE Guest

I send my cancellation letter yesterday and found out that they received it today, no one has call me yet, should I be worried or should I just let it be if I don’t hear from them. Don’t want them to take payments from my bank account please help

11. moonstone

moonstone TUG Member

If you have proof that they received your recession letter then you don't need to do anything> Count yourself lucky if they don't call you! The only reason they will call is to try to talk you out of cancelling or to sell you something else. If they call just tell them you aren't interested and hang up.

~Diane

12. VictorE

VictorE Guest

Thank you so much!

13. VictorE

VictorE Guest

Will I be receiving a notification in the mail about cancellation or a paper saying that we are no longer WestGate customers?

14. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

No news is good news. They are under no obligation to inform you of anything. Just watch the account you paid the down payment from for a credit. It can take up to 45 days. Probably won't. Yes, it's stressful, but beats dealing with the likes of Wastegate any more. Congrats on rescinding.

Jim

moonstone likes this.
  15. VictorE

VictorE Guest

What happens if for whatever reason they do withdraw a payment what should be my next step since I have proof they received my resignation?

16. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

No need to worry at all. They must comply with state law; as a result your money will be refunded within that 45 day time frame. Relax; no need to sweat it out.