• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Cancelling a Westgate Timeshare [merged]

Srmichi23

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for having this website. My wife and I got sucked up into buy a timeshare this past Saturday 8/17 down in Florida. Something wasn’t sitting right with us and I started doing some research. Which led me to the discovery of this forum. We will be sending our cancelation notice right after I clear up some questions we have.

1. Where would we find the contract number? (Would it be the 14 digit number in the first page of the staple package we received?
2. I’m reading about multiple addresses? We are only seeing on. Which they are going by Westgate Palace, LLC 2801 Old winter garden Road, Ocoee, Florida 34761.
3. We have the CD but nowhere to check what’s inside. Is it necessary for us to check it out before sending our letter?

Thank you in advance, We are really anxious about this mistake we made without doing research.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello and thank you for having this website. My wife and I got sucked up into buy a timeshare this past Saturday 8/17 down in Florida. Something wasn’t sitting right with us and I started doing some research. Which led me to the discovery of this forum. We will be sending our cancelation notice right after I clear up some questions we have.

1. Where would we find the contract number? (Would it be the 14 digit number in the first page of the staple package we received?
2. I’m reading about multiple addresses? We are only seeing on. Which they are going by Westgate Palace, LLC 2801 Old winter garden Road, Ocoee, Florida 34761.
3. We have the CD but nowhere to check what’s inside. Is it necessary for us to check it out before sending our letter?

Thank you in advance, We are really anxious about this mistake we made without doing research.

1) the contract number is likely the 14 digit number on the first page. Include a copy with your rescission letter. Make sure both you and your wife sign the rescission letter.
2) that is the right address. Be sure to send certified.
3) it is best to check the Cd for at least the rescission address and contract number.

How much would the rescission save you?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
hi thus any one have a copy of a cancelation later for west gate timeshare ? please and just give me some guide lines on how to do this please .
When and where did you sign this contract? How long you have to cancel it depends on what state you bought it. Grammerhero posted a good sample letter and the address to send it to. Make sure that everyone who signed that contract signs the letter. Include a COPY of the signature page with your rescission letter. Use the post office, not Fed-Ex, UPS or other courier. Send it Certified mail with return receipt so you'll know when it is delivered. The important date is when it is sent, not when they receive it. Send all their promotional junk back by the cheapest day-to-day probably UPS ground. Keep the receipt in case Westgate tries to charge you for it.

We are glad you found TUG. Good Luck with your rescission.

Jim

Srmichi23

Reaction score
1) the contract number is likely the 14 digit number on the first page. Include a copy with your rescission letter. Make sure both you and your wife sign the rescission letter.
2) that is the right address. Be sure to send certified.
3) it is best to check the Cd for at least the rescission address and contract number.

How much would the rescission save you?

We will check the CD tonight and get the letter printed. we shall both sign it and I’ll attach a photocopy of the the contract and staple them together. Tomorrow I’ll go to the postal service and send it out certified mail with return recipe.

If everything goes thru we would save 17K

Would getting the rescission letter notarize be of any help?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will check the CD tonight and get the letter printed. we shall both sign it and I’ll attach a photocopy of the the contract and staple them together. Tomorrow I’ll go to the postal service and send it out certified mail with return recipe.

If everything goes thru we would save 17K

Would getting the rescission letter notarize be of any help?
No need to notarize it.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi thus any one have a copy of a cancelation later for west gate timeshare ? please and just give me some guide lines on how to do this please .

Follow Gramarhero's instructions and you should be fine.

Be VERY sure that anyone who signed the purchase also signs the rescission. Absolutely NO NEED to Notarize.

ALSO, send you rescission letter via the United States Postal Service (USPS) and send it via CERTIFIED MAIL. If you are young (which I think you are) us older folks refer to it as "the Post Office". You can do this at ANY Post Office.

Save your Postmarked Receipt, drink beer and celebrate :banana:

Keep in mind to do this right away. Legally you have only so many days to do this, otherwise you are really STUCK WITH IT and all those monthly payments for years.

They should refund you within 45 days or so. They won't acknowledge receipt, but they do have to refund your money by state law.

Last edited:

Srmichi23

Reaction score
We Reviewed the Cd and it’s the same information we got in paper. Wrote out the rescission letter the way Grammerhero had it. Just finish mailing it out certified mail with return receipt. They should be getting it on Saturday.

When should I send back their portfolio with the tablet? Also do we keep all the copies they gave us including the CD?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We Reviewed the Cd and it’s the same information we got in paper. Wrote out the rescission letter the way Grammerhero had it. Just finish mailing it out certified mail with return receipt. They should be getting it on Saturday.

When should I send back their portfolio with the tablet? Also do we keep all the copies they gave us including the CD?

Keep all the materials just in case.

@Passepartout is the expert for this matter. I didn’t realize they gave you that. Usually we advise having a sentence “Promotional materials will be sent via separate cover upon request.”

Srmichi23

Reaction score
Keep all the materials just in case.

@Passepartout is the expert for this matter. I didn’t realize they gave you that. Usually we advise having a sentence “Promotional materials will be sent via separate cover upon request.”

I added that All promotional material will be returned under separate cover.

raasch81

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate

it looks like we got the same dome decition on saturday the 17 because i done the same , and i kould sleep and start to do some reserch about it and i send a copy my wife and i sign and send over pryoty mail next day deliver , and i save the recit .

raasch81

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate
When and where did you sign this contract? How long you have to cancel it depends on what state you bought it. Grammerhero posted a good sample letter and the address to send it to. Make sure that everyone who signed that contract signs the letter. Include a COPY of the signature page with your rescission letter. Use the post office, not Fed-Ex, UPS or other courier. Send it Certified mail with return receipt so you'll know when it is delivered. The important date is when it is sent, not when they receive it. Send all their promotional junk back by the cheapest day-to-day probably UPS ground. Keep the receipt in case Westgate tries to charge you for it.

We are glad you found TUG. Good Luck with your rescission.

Jim
we sign the contract on 08/17/19 thank you very much i send a prioty mail , but did not inclued a copy of the contract , should i send again ,

raasch81

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate
we have a contract of 10 years month payment of $165 down payment of $1385

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
we sign the contract on 08/17/19 thank you very much i send a prioty mail , but did not inclued a copy of the contract , should i send again ,
You should be just fine and get back your down payment in 45 days or less. If it would give you more peace-of-mind, for the cost of postage it wouldn't hurt, but many people have rescinded successfully without sending a copy.
We're glad you found us in time to save yourself thou$and$.

Jim

Srmichi23

Reaction score
I added that All promotional material will be returned under separate cover.

So that being said. Should we send back the material back now or after we get some sort of confirmation that they will canceling the contract?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So that being said. Should we send back the material back now or after we get some sort of confirmation that they will canceling the contract?

Send it back now as you have no reason for it any longer. Send it back via the USPS "Standard Mail" and be sure to ask for a tracking number.

Don't hold the material hostage; get rid of it.

Srmichi23

Reaction score
Send it back now as you have no reason for it any longer. Send it back via the USPS "Standard Mail" and be sure to ask for a tracking number.

Don't hold the material hostage; get rid of it.

Done. shipped in a medium flat rate box with tracking. Now we wait

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
But the real question is did they ring the bell and announce you guys as new owners in front of everyone, and tell all the salespeople to take that week off the list of available weeks?

;)

Srmichi23

Reaction score
But the real question is did they ring the bell and announce you guys as new owners in front of everyone, and tell all the salespeople to take that week off the list of available weeks?

;)

No they didn’t. For a lot of people they did.

Srmichi23

Reaction score
Alright so our certified letter is scheduled to be delivered today. I just check the tracking and it’s saying it that it ready for pick up?

Your item arrived at the OCOEE, FL 34761 post office at 7:43 am on August 24, 2019 and is ready for pickup.

Has this happen to anyone?

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Alright so our certified letter is scheduled to be delivered today. I just check the tracking and it’s saying it that it ready for pick up?

Your item arrived at the OCOEE, FL 34761 post office at 7:43 am on August 24, 2019 and is ready for pickup.

Has this happen to anyone?
You are find. Date that matters is the postmark date. It just means that, for some reason, resort didn’t pick up. Resort eventually will pick up and refund you.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Since today is Saturday maybe the office staff has the weekend off and they'll be back at work on Monday.
As posted above, all that affects you is that you mailed your rescission letter within the stated rescission period. You've
satisfied your part of the rescission. The rest is up to the resort.

Srmichi23

Reaction score
A little update. They picked up the letter and package on Monday but so far We haven’t heard from them. So not sure what to do.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little update. They picked up the letter and package on Monday but so far We haven’t heard from them. So not sure what to do.
Easy. Do nothing. Wait. Don't answer the phone from them or unknown numbers. They are not required to inform you of anything. It can take up to 45 days to receive your refund. You have done your part. We know it's hard, but RELAX! You won.

Srmichi23

Reaction score
It’s done? I received my deposit the other day but that’s it? No confrontation of the cancellation of the contract?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s done? I received my deposit the other day but that’s it? No confrontation of the cancellation of the contract?
Yes. They are not required to confirm cancellation.