• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

jonevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried my luck

:D:DTried to purchase from redweeks4less but they could not even fill out there own form correctly. When it came to payment they said they only except paypal and if you look into paypal they say you cant buy realestate thru paypal.

Long story but just say anought blocked buyer on ebay from red weeks four less and i would sugest they they just use the less part as there name

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well folks, the cheque arrived today! (I was tracking it online). Can someone tell me why it took 6 days to get from Tenn to NY? It took 12 days to get to the Michigan/Ontario border?? (approx. a 16 hour drive). Is the USPS always that slow?

Anyway, a special thanks to the Pigeon Forge PD:cheer:

A long as it clears we are all set. This has been a long time coming! Countless hours of headaches to boot.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH IAVACATIONS OR VPTITLE OR REDWEEKS4LESSS

IMHO it is a Ponzi Scheme.

Thanks to all the Tuggers for the ideas and processes to try and get my money back.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
On their auction for the Hyatt Sunset Harbor above, it's interesting that:

1. You cannot post a public question. I've tried, but get this:
"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I'd love to post a public question so as to warn unsuspecting bidders.

AND

2. "(Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs) "

-

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
I hate to be so insulting, but, everything said is same w/me

I had a Marriott with them, took months to close, finally did, and was suppose to get a 2013 week, had to fight with them about that. I paid THEM for the week and they said it was a problem Marriott, Hope at VP title is about as worthless as a T*t on a boar. And think of this, she a supervisor, what a joke. After I went round and round with her, I guess she didn't like it so they blocked me from bidding on their auctions, plenty more fish in the sea.

My advice. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Yep! Everything here same with my experience. They blocked me before we ever had a fight. Had two auction wins then blocked.

No communication is infuriating

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
They block anyone who demands their money back - like you'd ever get involved with them again!

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

Well, it has been 3 weeks now, so I think it is safe to say that the check has cleared.

I can finally put this nasty ordeal behind me. What a nightmare!

Don't even consider dealing with these people.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Well, it has been 3 weeks now, so I think it is safe to say that the check has cleared.

I can finally put this nasty ordeal behind me. What a nightmare!

Don't even consider dealing with these people.

It's got to be a good feeling to finally be done! :whoopie:

lilpooh108

Reaction score
They are a Ponzi scheme, pure and simple. My daughter bid on one of their Ebay auctions, a Marriott KoOlina. She wasn't the winning bid but they contacted her to sell her one at the same price. She was prepared for it to take a few months due to the reviews here. They kept telling her that it hadn't passed ROFR. After 3 months she called Marriott and found out there was no owner with that seller's name and it had never been submitted for ROFR. My daughter told IA Vacations if she didn't have her money back in 48 hours, she was turning the matter over to her brother, a white collar frime agent with the FBI. She got the money back with a note that the sellers had decided not to sell after all (excuse me, wasn't there a contract?).

I think they do get some people to sell with them. Maybe those are the ones they put on ebay. The losing bidders then get contacted to buy other weeks that they don't have and bogus contracts are written. Over time, they try to complete those sales when they find other sellers but there are clearly more buyers than sellers so a lot money is coming in and a little money going out when they find real sellers.

I checked their real estate license which expired months ago and is still not renewed. I'm sure it was because it is very dangerous to operate their business as a licensed broker because they are open to all kinds of fines and jail time. It is easiervto fly under the radar withoutva license.

My daughter thinks the reaL problem comes with ROFR resorts which take a long time to close because they can't really submit it to the resort until they find a real seller.

Thanks for this post. It's so annoying that they post auctions for such good units but given that they're operating a ponzi scheme, they likely post units that are good to lure people in. They have an auction for 2 units that I REALLY want but I re-read this thread to talk myself out of it :wave: So thanks for this post. Brought me back to my senses.

Fayeoctober

TUG Member
Reaction score
redweeks4less

I placed a starting bid on Timeshare they have listed and I asked a few questions to which they responded. In one I mentioned TUG and they had negative comments back. I tried to place a much higher bid this morning and I am basically blocked from bidding and also blocked from asking questions. Since the price was reasonable I was willing to give them a chance, but I guess this is their answer, and I am better off.

I may try contacting Ebay later today.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I placed a starting bid on Timeshare they have listed and I asked a few questions to which they responded. In one I mentioned TUG and they had negative comments back. I tried to place a much higher bid this morning and I am basically blocked from bidding and also blocked from asking questions. Since the price was reasonable I was willing to give them a chance, but I guess this is their answer, and I am better off.

I may try contacting Ebay later today.

They aren't worth the headaches dealing with them and Ebay has turned a blind eye to their practices, but maybe you'll be the one to get through to them.

Please, sit down with a cup o' tea and read through the long comments about their deceptive practices.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to place a much higher bid this morning and I am basically blocked from bidding and also blocked from asking questions. Since the price was reasonable I was willing to give them a chance, but I guess this is their answer, and I am better off.

If someone blocks you from buying, it is a blessing. There are plenty more resllers to buy from. People still buy from them stating that the prices are so much lower than the others. That is true and it is like that for a reason. You could be looking at over 6 months to get the transfer done and end up losing your first year of use. Just be glad that they dropped you.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Stay away from them!! They can't be trusted. You quite possibly willl get a "second chance" offer from them to let you buy an additional unit that they have that is just like this one. It probably doesn't exist. They get your money and then try to find someone to sell a unit. The contract you receive initially isn't a real seller. Once you realize what is happening, it takes a lot of threats and a lot of time to get your money back.

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
No news lately. I hope that this means no one has been scammed recently.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to grab a Westin Kierland 1 bedroom on EBay last night via an auction from these people. I lost by a couple hundred $. Maybe I should be greatful. And maybe the winning bidder is on here and can give us some insight as to how the closing process goes.

Westnick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to grab a Westin Kierland 1 bedroom on EBay last night via an auction from these people. I lost by a couple hundred $. Maybe I should be greatful. And maybe the winning bidder is on here and can give us some insight as to how the closing process goes.

This makes no sense. They sold this unit for $4800. Two weeks ago they sold an identical unit for $6800. They are going on all the other sites for $8000-$9500. Am I missing something here?

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This makes no sense. They sold this unit for $4800. Two weeks ago they sold an identical unit for $6800. They are going on all the other sites for $8000-$9500. Am I missing something here?

No, I think you and I are seeing that this thread is accurate. These people are scammers. I've been looking at the Kierland platinum weeks for a while and talked with two brokers that I feel are trustworthy and reputable. They both said this unit (1BR premium, 81,000 StarOptions, platinum) would easily sell for $6k. So why list it with no reserve and a starting bid of $1? I was lost in the "I'm sure THIS sale with these people will be OK" haze and really wanted this week. Glad now I didn't win it.

And why do they require full payment immediately? I'm in escrow on two other weeks now with a $500 deposit on one and $1,000 on the other. But I don't pay anything else until we are ready to close.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look what I got in my e-mail today! Is EBay supposed to release bidder information to other people? The formatting is lost with the copy/paste into here, but it was very fancy and official. Here is my "SECOND CHANCE OFFER":

Lucky you, Jeremy! The seller has offered you a second chance to buy this item. The second time can be a charm.

WESTIN KIERLAND STAROPTION POINTS PLATINUM SEASON STARWOOD GOLF ARIZONA TIMESHARE

Current price: $4,611.12
Buy It Now price: $4,611.12

Expiration Time: Oct-06-14 22:21:35 PDT

Message from seller: Hi, I just wanted to let you know we have another Westin Kierland just like this one in inventory. If you are still interested we will offer it to you before listing it. Just hit the buy it now if you wish to move forward. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Jason
Seller: redweek4less (1537) 99.2% Positive Feedback
Member since Mar-16-07 in United States

View Item | Ask Seller A Question

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the exact same message my daughter received when she was trying to buy a Marriott KoOlina from them. They don't really have a week. They just want your money and then will keep giving you excuses like "we haven't heard back yet on ROFR". When she finally called Marriott, they told her that no one had ever submitted a ROFR request for it and when she gave them the seller's name, there was no such owner.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And actually I was the THIRD highest bidder so I think it's safe to say whoever was second got this message as well. If there was any doubt in my mind before this seals it - it's impossible they have 3 platinum, 1 bedrooms at Kierland they are willing to sell for $4,800 or less. Impossible. Scammers and cheats. I wonder why EBay doesn't care.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They might have made the second chance offer to EVERYONE who bid. If you don't have anything to sell, any price offered is a bonus.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
No current auctions on ebay

Redweekforless is not currently running anything on ebay
I have no idea if that is significant

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe Ebay finally shut them down or law enforcement might have stepped in.