• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Pictures from our Disney Aulani resort stay in Hawaii

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Lovely pictures! I can't wait for our stay in July. I'm almost half tempted to just hang out at the resort.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the pictures. Your husband did a great job!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

pefs65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Pics. Awesome resort.
I am trying and hoping to book a stay for 2013.:whoopie:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
He brought along both his Nikon D80 and Canon Powershot but he only had the small camera with him at Aulani.
Also, a few of the outdoor shots in the HGVC set were taken by my girlfriend with her Nikon D90.

uop1497

Reaction score
Pictures from our Disney Aulani resort stay in Hawaii

alwysonvac ,

Your husband took great pictures . I just wonder if he is a photographer. Thanks for sharing .

ACDSNY

Reaction score
Your husband took some amazing pics. :clap:

We did a 3 night tester stay in Janauray on our way to Kauai and Maui and now we're trying to go back for 5 nights in December after Kauai. I just sent the link to the photos to the couple that will be traveling with us, they'll be so excited after looking at these.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
alwysonvac ,

Your husband took great pictures . I just wonder if he is a photographer. Thanks for sharing .

My husband has taken lots of photos (normally of birds and trains - his hobbies) but he is not a professional photographer.

kane

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a terrific stay at Disney's Aulani in Ko Olina. We loved the look and feel of the resort. We're looking forward to staying here again during our trips to Oahu.

We used our DVC points to reserve a one bedroom poolside garden view room for a one night stay. I was told that occupancy was at 51% which was perfect. We would definitely return during low season.

We saw the Starlit Hui evening show which was ok (nothing special but it was free). They place mats on the ground for you to sit on during the show. It's not very comfortable. I would not go out of your way to see it if you've seen other Hawaiian performances.

TIP: Skip the drinks on ice at the beachside lounge called Off the Hook. My pricey cocktail was mostly ice. Either request a frozen drink, soda without ice, or beer.

Here's a link to my photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157629608370877/show/

Enjoy !!

Great photos! Now, please tell us.... What camera was used for these?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

TimeshareFriend

TUG Member
Reaction score
These photos are absolutely phenomenal! Great job, I have scoured the internet trying to find a nice layout of the property. Out of curiosity did you attend the presentation? If so what are the pricing for points and maintenance fees?

Thanks!

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband has taken lots of photos (normally of birds and trains - his hobbies) but he is not a professional photographer.

Wow from looking at the photos I would have guessed they were taking by a professional photographer. He makes the viewer feel they are right there with him. :) He did a phenomenal job.

srjth

Reaction score
Great photos! Makes me wish I didn't sell my DVC membership. Thank you for sharing.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I'm so happy that everyone is enjoying the photos :)

They are awesome pics. Thank you so much for sharing them. I sent the link to my kids who are in college to show them where they will be staying in a few short weeks. It will be a nice picture incentive to get them through the grueling end of finals. We have a two-bedroom ocean view reserved at Aulani. Needless to say, we are all very excited!:banana:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
They are awesome pics. Thank you so much for sharing them. I sent the link to my kids who are in college to show them where they will be staying in a few short weeks. It will be a nice picture incentive to get them through the grueling end of finals. We have a two-bedroom ocean view reserved at Aulani. Needless to say, we are all very excited!:banana:

You're welcome :)

If view makes a difference to you, take a look at this thread on the disboards - http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

There appears to be two types of ocean views. Ocean view rooms are either located inside the U structure (aka facing the pool) or outside the U structure (aka facing away from the pool). Each location has PROs and CONs. I personally love the views I've seen posted from the pool facing rooms. However if you want peace and quiet during the day, the rooms facing away from pool would probably be the better option to have noted on your upcoming reservation.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
You're welcome :)

If view makes a difference to you, take a look at this thread on the disboards - http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

There appears to be two types of ocean views. Ocean view rooms are either located inside the U structure (aka facing the pool) or outside the U structure (aka facing away from the pool). Each location has PROs and CONs. I personally love the views I've seen posted from the pool facing rooms. However if you want peace and quiet during the day, the rooms facing away from pool would probably be the better option to have noted on your upcoming reservation.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay.

Thank you so much once again! I am a view person and I normally check out all the info for views from BLT or AKV, etc. However, I have not done that with Aulani. I guess I figured all ocean views would be nice. I am so glad you posted this because they are not all equal. I am thinking of requesting the new long Ewa building at the end nearest the ocean, but hopefully getting some view of the pool area below. I would really like to look at the pool area at night but have a good view of the ocean and sunset.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Thank you so much once again! I am a view person and I normally check out all the info for views from BLT or AKV, etc. However, I have not done that with Aulani. I guess I figured all ocean views would be nice. I am so glad you posted this because they are not all equal. I am thinking of requesting the new long Ewa building at the end nearest the ocean, but hopefully getting some view of the pool area below. I would really like to look at the pool area at night but have a good view of the ocean and sunset.

We had an ocean view room deep in the U facing the pool. An unexpected benefit is that we were right above the bar. Don't worry- your room is SILENT once you shut the sliding glass doors to the balcony. But if you leave the doors open or go sit on the balcony, you will hear lovely live Hawaiian music every night. It was awesome to sit on the balcony in the evenings, cocktail in hand, ocean in the distance, Hawaiian music floating through your head.

H

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....