• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Pictures from our Disney Aulani resort stay in Hawaii

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We had a terrific stay at Disney's Aulani in Ko Olina. We loved the look and feel of the resort. We're looking forward to staying here again during our trips to Oahu.

We used our DVC points to reserve a one bedroom poolside garden view room for a one night stay. I was told that occupancy was at 51% which was perfect. We would definitely return during low season.

We saw the Starlit Hui evening show which was ok (nothing special but it was free). They place mats on the ground for you to sit on during the show. It's not very comfortable. I would not go out of your way to see it if you've seen other Hawaiian performances.

TIP: Skip the drinks on ice at the beachside lounge called Off the Hook. My pricey cocktail was mostly ice. Either request a frozen drink, soda without ice, or beer.

Here's a link to my photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157629608370877/show/

Enjoy !!

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW, I've read a lot of reviews and watched some videos including the DVC one Samantha Brown did. But this was the best photo set I've ever seen on Alani. I've always been a massive fan of the Polynesian resort at WDW, but this is what the Polynesian should look like!

Did you do that interactive game with the iPhone looking things while you were there?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Deleted as my question was already addressed in the OP's post. Duh! :)

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've decide Summer 2016 it is....Damn you for making me decide that, it means i've got to cut my vacation budget in half for the next three years so i can afford it!

Last edited:

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the pictures very much.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
What great pictures! Thanks so much for posting them.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a coincidence! Later this year, we're doing a week in HHV Lagoon Tower and a night at Aulani, too.

I'd love to do a longer stay, but it's more than we're comfortable spending per night. One night to check it out, no problem. But for a longer stay I'll wait until I can exchange in.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
What a coincidence! Later this year, we're doing a week in HHV Lagoon Tower and a night at Aulani, too.

I'd love to do a longer stay, but it's more than we're comfortable spending per night. One night to check it out, no problem. But for a longer stay I'll wait until I can exchange in.

Lucky you. Even one night is better than no nights. ;)

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I think these are the best pictures from ANY resort I have ever seen! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Ray

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score

It's DV11 right? The Rental rooms are RD11 & RD12...I'm going to put in an on going search as soon as i can get 60 TPU's in my RCI account

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great slideshow! Thanks for sharing that.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice pictures! Thanks! We'll be on Oahu in a few months. Do you happen to know if we can get a tour of the place if we just drop by? I'd even be willing to suffer through a timeshare presentation with them just so I could check out the place in person. ;)

Dave

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to fire up the Apple TV tonight, put on some Brudder Iz in the background and watch your slideshow via Flickr on my big screen! That's the only way to do those great shots justice and it definitely amps up my enthusiasm to save enough DVC points to get out there sooner rather than later.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I'm so happy that everyone is enjoying the photos :)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Nice pictures! Thanks! We'll be on Oahu in a few months. Do you happen to know if we can get a tour of the place if we just drop by? I'd even be willing to suffer through a timeshare presentation with them just so I could check out the place in person. ;)

Dave

I don't know about a tour but I'm sure you can just stop by and walk around the resort. There wasn't anyone stopping folks from walking around.

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Love these photos! You are an amazing photographer! Thank You for posting these.

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave

We were staying next door at the Marriott Ko'Olina and I dropped by the Aulani and asked if I could tour their property and they said sure. Note - parking is free for only the first 30 minutes if you drive over. Maids were cleaning a unit so I walked in to see the room (no problem). Quickly toured the grounds around the pool and beach. LOTS of kids (it was a few weeks before Christmas). VERY IMPRESSED! Love the pictures the OP posted!

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holy... That is remarkable. Makes me want to consider switching to RCI.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Did you do that interactive game with the iPhone looking things while you were there?

No, we didn't get a chance to play the interactive game (Menehune Adventure Trail). Maybe next time :)

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I love all your slideshows. Next spring we are staying at Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas North and one more week either on Maui (most likely right after the first week) or Oahu depending on what I can get as a trade. The third week will be at Aulani 2 bedroom, ocean view. I am so excited about our Hawaii vacation next year thanks to all your great pics!:whoopie: Thanks again! I love the Aulani pics!

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thanks for sharing your pictures. We love this area.

Bill