• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Optimal Owner Care

Sailboarder65

Reaction score
I was just referred to this post from another member.
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1401982&posted=1#post1401982

This company has been Point Potential, Bid Your Inn, Vertice Vacations, and now Keys Without Fees all within 18 months! All companies are owned by Brandon and Ryan Beachum who have been in business for a short time although they are trying to claim 3 or more years. They keep changing names as any company that is attempting to build a new reputation does.

Here's another tug thread where they were banned for trying to advertise their business. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148987

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im always entertained by folks who are so dejected about their timeshares they are willing to pay a fortune to dispose of them....then for whatever reason not only seek out a timeshare website...but take the time to register and post in praise of upfront fee companies.

boggles the mind.

Sailboarder65

Reaction score
im always entertained by folks who are so dejected about their timeshares they are willing to pay a fortune to dispose of them....then for whatever reason not only seek out a timeshare website...but take the time to register and post in praise of upfront fee companies.

boggles the mind.

I agree Brian. Ive been contacted by this company more than once and thanks to your website (that has other users that have also been contacted) I was able to find out this is not a legitimate business.

The owners of Keys Without Fees are really smart and keep changing the name of the company to allude the wise. They continually post phony reviews here and elsewhere, but because members here are searching for good info, I think quite a few easily persuaded folks have and will keep their money in their pockets.

rws56

Reaction score
Optimal Owner Care

I am a Gold member with Wyndham. While I was skeptical at first with the business plan from Optimal Owner care, I did sign up and did buy an additional 540 K points. It has been 9 months since I signed with them and they have been booking the points for me and sending me checks for my part of the rental. With the points that are booked through the end of 2nd quarter I should be able to cover all the maintenance fees plus have some left over to pay down part of the additional points I purchased.

The big thing for me was making sure that my son would not be burdened with maintenance fees in the future. While working with Optimal Owner Care may not be for everyone - especially if you are not at least a Gold level owner (where you have guest certificates available for use), I feel that it will be a good relationship for me in the future.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a clear legal strategy to be sure none of your relatives will be burdened with your timeshare obligation. If this or any company used avoidance of a perpetual obligation as a reason you should join their program is proof that they are lying or incompetent.

The fact that you show up here, after givving up on your timeshare, to recommend is highly suspect

Last edited:

annep71

TUG Member
Reaction score
OOC didn't obtain my info from deed

OOC called me tonight. My husband's name is first on our Wyndham deed. Therefore, they did not get my information from public records. I suspect my name is being passed around on a scam list.

rws56

Reaction score
Optimal Owner Care

I never said that any representative from Optimal Owner Care suggested that it would be a way to avoid future maintenance fee obligations for my son. I determined for myself this would be an opportunity for him not to have those fees hanging over his head if he wants to continue using the timeshares.

We have enjoyed many vacations at Wyndham properties up and down the East Coast and he has experienced a lot of good times at these great properties.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Here is another name Optimal Owner Care may be operating under - Point Pay Direct. There is a recent thread on this other company.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188175&highlight=Point+direct

Point Pay Direct is a relatively new company (2012) as is Optimal Owner Care. The addresses for both companies are identical except for the suite numbers. One is #100 and the other is #125.

Why would a company need to have multiple business names all doing the same business model?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you were trying to help owners you would tell them to talk to Optimal Owner Care.

Or we could advise them how to rent out their units without having to pay some green-around-the-gills company a 35% commission.

And, no, I'm not calling OOC and all its aliases scammers. I just seriously question their business model. Why is it that the only way owners hear of them is from cold calls, which leads to the ever-pricking question How does OOC (and all its aliases) get Wyndham Points owners' information?

Why do OOC and all its aliases have to resort to tag-team shill posts on timeshare-related forums to get the word out?

If OOC and all of its aliases have this great pool of potential renters who are ready to pay top dollar to rent points or property from Wyndham Points owners, why don't they buy the countless Wyndham Points packages that are sitting on E-Bay for $1 (with the owner paying closing costs and next MFs) and then rent those out? They could get 100% of the rental income rather than doling out 65% to the owner and collecting a measly 35%?

If I want to rent a Wyndham Property through OOC and all of its aliases, where do I find them for rent? After all, if OOC and all of its aliases have such a huge pool of clients, you would think that it would be easy and well-known to find these units available for rent.

Just for the record, a couple of years ago I rented a Wyndham property from an owner. I'm pretty sure she owned points because she was able to book us eight nights. I found her ad either on MRN or E-bay. I can't remember which but I checked both those sites along with TUG, Red Week, and Bidshares. Guess where I did not find it. That's right, OOC or any of its aliases.

And as for the amount I paid, I'm sure that if she hired OOC or any of its aliases to find me, after OOC's commission, she would not have got anywhere close to her MFs.

So again, you can come on here and tout OOC and many of its aliases all you want. I'm just left with more questions than answers.

Reaction score
Please With Optimal Owner Care

I have been with Optimal Owner Care for almost 16 months and I have been pleased with their performance. They have help me out of some tight situations and have been very responsive to my inquiries and needs.:banana:

In that time frame they have converted at least 35 rentals for me that have covered over 12 months of maintenance fees. They already have some future reservations placed (October 2013) that should prove very substantial.
As to their name changes, companies reorganize all the time and so that hasn't bothered me.
Sure, undoubtedly, I could go off and advertise and probably rent for more than 65% of the fees, however, I'd just as soon have the professionals do it for me.
By the way, I have been used as a corroborating contact and shared personally my satisfaction with Optimal Owner Care.
Thanks for the opportunity for sharing my experiences. :cheer:

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been with Optimal Owner Care for almost 16 months and I have been pleased with their performance. They have help me out of some tight situations and have been very responsive to my inquiries and needs.:banana:

In that time frame they have converted at least 35 rentals for me that have covered over 12 months of maintenance fees. They already have some future reservations placed (October 2013) that should prove very substantial.
As to their name changes, companies reorganize all the time and so that hasn't bothered me.
Sure, undoubtedly, I could go off and advertise and probably rent for more than 65% of the fees, however, I'd just as soon have the professionals do it for me.
By the way, I have been used as a corroborating contact and shared personally my satisfaction with Optimal Owner Care.
Thanks for the opportunity for sharing my experiences. :cheer:

Yes, these sudden posts by fans of OOC are suspicious. I suppose all the employees are running to benign computers to contribute to the conversation. Or are all these random members suddenly inspired to search the internet for OOC threads? Uh huh.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
dont exactly see any members (other than ones who have registered to participate on this thread only) saying they are successful either.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This thread gets my award for the most shill posts ever in one thread! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

985dbd7801.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's simple how Shills (like these) do it. They see that OOC and others are being mentioned. So, the corporate employees go home, log on with their own computers, create an account here, and talk about the company they work for (but not mention they do). Same thing with online reviews. How else will a POS program/hardware gets high reviews?

TS

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
So Roamba does place high in search results? How do they do this? First page, first place advertising? Again, any of you care to address that? They must be doing something right.

SEO for Dummies would be my guess.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
search engine results for a new entity are a measure of money spent, not success of said company.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
tis your final warning WyndExpt....violate the TUG posting guidelines one more time and your done here.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
SEO for Dummies...hmmm. A billion dollar travel industry and they read SEO for dummies to get first place, first page placement with over thirty resorts with Priceline and Booking?

Brilliant deduction--you sunk the witch!:clap:

What does "a billion dollar" industry have to do with your web site search result placement? Your site has no inventory or reservation database, you have pictures of states with the Wyndham resorts.

HonestAbe

Banned
Reaction score
New Here

[HonestAbe - you aren't very computer savvy are you. Don't you KNOW that I can see that you are using the same IP address as WyndEXPT ??? :rofl: - DeniseM Moderator]

[Not to mention all the other shill user names (formerly) registered to the same IP!]

Last edited by a moderator:

mlefferts

TUG Member
Reaction score
[HonestAbe - you aren't very computer savvy are you. Don't you KNOW that I can see that you are using the same IP address as WyndEXPT ??? :rofl: - DeniseM Moderator]

[Not to mention all the other shill user names (formerly) registered to the same IP!]

Denise,
Some people are CLUELESS! :rofl:

roshe

Reaction score
Taking a gamble

Well folks, I'm no shill(don't even know what one is) and I'm not new to this forum but it's been a long time since I've been here. I just invested $10,000 in the 'business',(OOC)trying not to drop a name, that has created a stir, but letting you know who I'm talking about. I'm Platinum with Wyndham, owner since 2000. I manage to pay my maintenance fees without a problem. My wife and I use most of our points for vacations for ourselves and occasionally our two kids and their families use it. We have rented vacations to others, with success, on our own, no problem. We have come to a place in our lives, sometimes the brain just doesn't tick as smoothly as it once did. It has become harder for us to keep up with 'stuff' and we often wind up going in circles. Having been a Wyndham owner for so long, we are familar with most of the services and programs, and we still do manage to enjoy our Wyndham vacations but it's often hard to get what we want, where we want, when we want. Making use of ARP, Express Reservations, unit upgrades, cancelled points, etc., is becoming a strain. Therefore, with quite a bit of skepticism, and not expecting the wonderful experience we've been promised, we decided to take a calculated risk and find out for sure, what those people are all about. I'll be posting more about the venture as it progresses. We're still in the transitioning stage, so I'll know more shortly. Regards to all, roshe

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am actively shopping wyndham points management services like optimal care. I've talked to them and several others and intend to hire one or two of them. I haven't heard anything to lead me to believe they are not legit.
However
My problem is that they won't pay me until after the vacation is complete. Which means I pay my mf; they make the reservation and I wait to be paid. That's paying up fees as far as I'm concerned

roshe

Reaction score
to LannyPC

It doesn't take a lot of reading on this topic, to get the general idea that a shill is either part of a scam/scheme, or has motives that are not honest and probably promoting some ideas that are not intended to improve the purpose of this forum. I can assure you, none of that fits me.
As an update to my first post, OOC made the first reservation on my account on 8/29/13. It was rented on 8/30/13. It could have been someone from OOC or an affiliate, or it may be an honest deal, only time will tell. Hoping for the best, roshe

Last edited: