• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Newton Group Transfers [ merged ]

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that the Newton group will charge you a lot more than that. This is not a charity and they aren't re-selling these deeds, so you will be paying all the costs + profit - these companies typically charge $1,000 - $3,000 to "take your timeshare off your hands."

There are other companies out there that do this same service starting at $699 and have had reviews here on TUG and have real press written about them, shop it against www.timesharerefuge.com

JMO

spockmckoy

Reaction score
as I stated earlier in a post, I paid a company $500 and $300 that said they could get me out of it and they didn't. I once got a cold call from someone wanting to take my ts off my hands and when I tracked her down/called her -- to her address in Florida, she was panic stricken and pleaded with me not to come to her home cause' "she was only trying to make money".....

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
as I stated earlier in a post, I paid a company $500 and $300 that said they could get me out of it and they didn't. I once got a cold call from someone wanting to take my ts off my hands and when I tracked her down/called her -- to her address in Florida, she was panic stricken and pleaded with me not to come to her home cause' "she was only trying to make money".....

oh well, can't lead a s hill

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/25/us-housing-timeshares-idUSBRE84O0TJ20120525

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I tried to give it away, when dealing with Coral Sands, they kept telling me I can't give it away, they would still send me the maint fee bill and would attack my credit if I didn't pay. I found this web site a year ago while searching for info on newton. search yourself and you will find this link to the newton discussion. I contacted some charities to give it to them and they wouldn't take it. those that knew about time shares all said the same thing; it isn't an asset, it is a liability. I contacted the SC attorney general and they would do nothing for me and said I needed to contact the AJ in my state. My state said since the property/transaction didn't take place in my state, I had to deal with the state the transaction took place in. vicious cycle huh???

Coral Sands can't prevent you from giving it away. Of course you would have to follow the steps and do a proper transfer.

Had you researched a little more at TUG you would have found suggestions on giving your timeshare away. Not sure how many thousands you paid Newton but I am pretty sure you could have found someone to take over your timeshare, have it properly transferred out of your name and saved at least 1/2 of the thousands you paid.

PJEnUT

Reaction score
I tried to give it away, when dealing with Coral Sands, they kept telling me I can't give it away, they would still send me the maint fee bill and would attack my credit if I didn't pay. I found this web site a year ago while searching for info on newton. search yourself and you will find this link to the newton discussion. I contacted some charities to give it to them and they wouldn't take it. those that knew about time shares all said the same thing; it isn't an asset, it is a liability. I contacted the SC attorney general and they would do nothing for me and said I needed to contact the AJ in my state. My state said since the property/transaction didn't take place in my state, I had to deal with the state the transaction took place in. vicious cycle huh???
Can you give us an update on the status of your timeshare transfer with NGT? How did it go? Are you free of the timeshare now?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Newton Group Transfers

Don't worry "spock" --- I believe in you. :rolleyes:

It's completely credible to me that a visiting TUG guest who was trying to get rid of a timeshare would somehow fail to previously find TUG in doing their research. Failing to give the timeshare away, said guest allegedly chooses to contact assorted state Attorneys General (...for what? you bought it, didn't you?).
Then our briefly visiting guest pays upfront cash to some unknown, obscure entity and proclaims success here on TUg (to people who know better) before a valid new deed is ever recorded in a valid new name.

Spocky, I'll believe you for one moment only after you post the transfer's official records book and page for us to examine. We'll all then gladly share in your (documented and proven) reason for such happiness. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry "spock" --- I believe in you. :rolleyes:

It's completely credible to me that a visiting TUG guest who was trying to get rid of a timeshare would somehow fail to previously find TUG in doing their research. Failing to give the timeshare away, said guest allegedly chooses to contact assorted state Attorneys General (...for what? you bought it, didn't you?).
Then our briefly visiting guest pays upfront cash to some unknown, obscure entity and proclaims success here on TUg (to people who know better) before a valid new deed is ever recorded in a valid new name.

Spocky, I'll believe you for one moment only after you post the transfer's official records book and page for us to examine. We'll all then gladly share in your (documented and proven) reason for such happiness. :rolleyes:

Theo,

I cant speak to every Newton Group transfer, but if you are really interested, I can provide you with numerous deeds that I have, transferred to me from Newton Group customers. I assure you my name is valid, and Im now paying the maintenance fees.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ron - What do you make of this quote from their website? I think this clearly says "Viking Ship."

6. Why do you want all of these timeshares?
The fact is that we don't want these timeshares, as we do not buy or sell timeshares. Our company's primary purpose is helping you to get out of your timeshare contract, and we are steadfastly dedicated to that end. We work directly with a Timeshare Closing company who has been ending timeshare contracts since 1994. We do not take over your timeshare contracts; we are here to help you get out of them.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Comparing apples to oranges doesn't work for me --- they are too different...

I cant speak to every Newton Group transfer, but if you are really interested, I can provide you with numerous deeds that I have, transferred to me from Newton Group customers. I assure you my name is valid, and Im now paying the maintenance fees.

"spockmckoy" was not a buyer, as you are, but instead someone trying to unload a unwanted timeshare.

Spock reported paying a (unspecified, but to quote spock, "expensive") figure to Newton Group Transfers in order to get rid of a unwanted timeshare, but did not ever subsequently report actually "closing the loop".

In short, from your very limited viewpoint and perspective as a "buyer", I respectfuilly submit that you cannot possibly even begin to know what Newton Group does (...after collecting their hefty upfront fee) with weeks for which they can't find willing recipients like you. I'm reasonably sure there are lots of such weeks.
Spockmckoy is thus far incommunicado on the closing of the loop part of his / her ownership(s) transfer(s), yet is prematurely waving the flag for Newton Group anyhow. Personally, I can't just blindly buy into that. YMMV. To each his / her own viewpoint and opinion.

I'm happy for your reported success as a buyer from Newton Group Transfers, but (much like with PCC's) it seems to me to be incumbent upon the grantor (spock, in this case, since s/he voluntarily chose to wave Newton's flag before any actual closing), to clearly identify the associated upfront costs and to also later back up premature hope for a future transfer, presumably made to a valid (i.e., not a Viking Ship) grantee. What a (lawful) recipient might later do with weeks acquired from Newton Group is neither relevant nor anything under Newton Group's influence or control; that much is quite obvious and not under discussion.

Personally, I much prefer facts and specific details over mere speculation, unsubstantiated half-stories and / or premature "endorsements" lacking any actual basis from proven performance. Just call me a stickler...

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo

No doubt newton is expensive and probably a seller could sell his timeshare for much less.

My point is that they do what they promise. ie to transfer your timeshare to someone else.

Not that it make any difference but I'm pretty sure newton doesn't create Viking ships to dispose of anything the get, and I'm pretty sure thy don't knowingly transfer anything to others that create Viking ships for disposal. But they have no way of knowing what Any of their buyers might do in the future

ebbe

Reaction score
Newton Group

Does anyone have recent experience either with Newton Group or Donate for a Cause in terms of getting rid of a timeshare. Newton Group wants $5000 for them to take it off our hands. Thanks. Ebbe

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Theo

No doubt newton is expensive and probably a seller could sell his timeshare for much less.

My point is that they do what they promise. ie to transfer your timeshare to someone else.

Not that it make any difference but I'm pretty sure newton doesn't create Viking ships to dispose of anything the get, and I'm pretty sure thy don't knowingly transfer anything to others that create Viking ships for disposal. But they have no way of knowing what Any of their buyers might do in the future

no entity around is going to "transfer ownership" of a timeshare they know they cant sell even for a $1 without a solution to get rid of it.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience either with Newton Group or Donate for a Cause in terms of getting rid of a timeshare. Newton Group wants $5000 for them to take it off our hands. Thanks. Ebbe

Have you tried giving your timeshare away?

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Have you asked the resort if it will take your interval back?

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/give_back_timeshare.html

These options usually work better, or at least more cheaply, than any transfer company, PCC, law firm, or charity.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received a letter from Newton Group Transfers.

"You have been pre-qualified to permanently eliminate all of your timeshare obligations.

This could be your last chance to avoid your 2016 maintenance fee.

We offer a 100% Guarantee."

"You must call us at (800( 679-7385 before this program expires on July 9, 2015."

Newton Group Transfer is a proud partner of Interval broker Direct. BBB rating A+.

No Thanks and we did not and we will not call that number.

Last edited:

FraudBuster

Reaction score
1). The marketing letter they send out is full of falsehoods, for the purpose of consideration. That is the definition of fraud. Before you even open the letter, they are defrauding you. They claim that the letter was mailed from the address referenced in this url, which hardly makes things better, with their "F BBB Rating" (AFD 888 16th St. Washington, DC) http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...-records-division-in-washington-dc-235997760/ All the usual scammer fun: fake handwriting on the envelope, make believe tracking numbers, and of course it's "urgent" and "for a limited time". They incorrectly claim to have an A+ BBB Rating. They have unresolved complaints with the Western Michigan BBB.

2). They claim their principle place of business is Arizona, however that address is for the Nielsen Law Group. Their principle place of business is
Gordon A Newton, manager
3148 Plainfield Ave NE
Suite 283
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
877-354-4321

Other owners:
Todd Johnson, Theodoros Panopoulos
1010 Fulton St West
Apt 1
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
(616) 855-1164
todd@newtonesa.net, toddjnsn2@yahoo.com

They have recently changed to a registered agent shop to obfuscate the service information and Gordon Newton's involvement.

3). Their main domains, timesharetransferguarantee.com, ngtransfers.com, newtongrouptransfers.com, are all obfuscated to prevent their being identified. The domain ngtransfers.net is registered with false information, giving Theodoros Panopoulos' address as the Grand Rapids Art Museum.

4). They use Interval Broker Direct to complete many transactions, a Florida entity. That entity, however, is not an authorized DBA name with the Florida Secretary of State. The IBD website is deliberately obfuscated so, combined with the violation of Florida law, one has no idea who they are dealing with.

5). They refuse to put any claims into writing and any paperwork you receive is very different that what you discussed.

Bottom line, I cannot imagine why anyone would do business with these people.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seeking information on Newton Group [MERGED AT THIS POINT]

I would appreciate any information you have on Newton Group Transfers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They pay a broker who is seeking bulk inventory to take it and handle the legal process to do so. Fee is $4977 with a 100% guarantee of full refund if cannot succeed.

Waaaay to much money - when you can give it away on TUG for just the transfer cost!

No one here will recommend an upfront fee company to "unload" your timeshare. We have a forum on TUG where you can find someone to adopt your timeshare. The total cost is usually about $150 for the legal transfer of the title.

How can I give my timeshare away on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

This really works, I have both given away and adopted numerous timeshares on this forum. 3 in the last 6 mos.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try this thread:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178917&highlight=Newton+Group

Or this one:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223650&highlight=Newton+Group

or this one:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222822&highlight=Newton+Group

or this one:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216621&highlight=Newton+Group

or this one:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214124&highlight=Newton+Group

or this one:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209938&highlight=Newton+Group

I think you get the point. A use of the Search function will get direct you to many threads discussing this group.

So now the questions remain:
1) How did you come to learn of NGT?
2) What are they promising to do for you and for how much?
3) What are you hoping to accomplish using NGT?

drexel

Reaction score
In a one-on-one conversation, our Newton Group rep said yes they bundle the timeshares, create an LLC as owner, and then bankrupt the LLC. They going to charge us the bargain price of $5000 - we are still looking for a legitimate way to get rid of our timeshare

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
These "Viking ships" always just want to target those with 2 or under TS's. They most likely REALLY want out. My calls stopped when I hit 3. One must remember they are not "tuggers". Most people thier research is on the company. The BBB. And always a middle man, they represent the buyer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited: