• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] HIVC Desert Club Las Vegas

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been through the Timeshare Tour, or "Owners Update" at the Desert Club recently??? what kind of incentives are they offering?
here's my situation... own 4 weeks at the Desert Club and half owner on another unit with a Business partner, have decided to convert all units over to the HIVC points, but have yet not pulled the trigger! have till 6/30/12 to get in on the introductory offer.
He and I will be at the resort for the annual meeting on the 23rd. do I wait and do the transfer in person and see what I can get out of them for doing the tour, or do I preserve my sanity and my vacation time and just do the transfer over the phone and internet??? my instinct tells me to do it in person. so if I have any concerns about what is the truth I can press for the answer befor pulling the trigger, My other side tells me that enduring a 2 hour sales pitch isn't a good use of my time in Vegas. yet I know I have the advantage as I already own more than I need and there is no way in Hell a TS salesperson will sell me anything other than doing the transfer paperwork.
What to do? so... are they offering anything good??? RT

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread has been discussing it: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161744&highlight=desert+club

We bought our week resale a few years ago in part because it was already enrolled in RCI Points. We've done more with points than we ever would staying at this location, as nice as it is. Coupled with the fact that we also own HGVC, we don't really need to add a different vacation club.

Personally I think that so long that our week is directly enrolled in RCI points we have far more flexibility than if we get a somewhat inflated valued in HIVC. Our week would no longer be ours but rather HIVC's and I don't know enough about Orange Lake/HI to feel comfortable giving up what has been working so well for us. I just keep thinking theres another shoe out there waiting to drop on those who convert. I hope I'm wrong...but not comfortable with switching in part because Summer Bay did such a press to get people into their vacation club then got out of Desert Club. This location has had a checkered history and who is to say HIVC will remain under it's present rules or for how long?

That's my back of my mind issue with HIVC.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
HIVC points can be used in RCI points

There are some added uses and benefits to HIVC points.
They are becoming a Mini-System.
You can use your points in RCI, you can also use them at the Hotels that are part of the Holiday Inn Group.
Their annual fees are fair, they do however have a couple of quirks.

You pay $39 for every reservation to one of their resorts.
It is a final booking unless you spend another $35 for the cancellation insurance.
You also pay $109 per year to be a Club Member over and above your annual fees.
Another benefit is that You can transfer points to their Hotel side ( 5 hivc gets 4 hotel points plus a transfer fee based upon the # of points transfered) and reserve any of their branded hotels, The IHG group has Hotel Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge and Candlewood suites, plus all the Holiday Inn products.

I wouldn't spend much to convert unless you want to use their other resorts, or figure that RCI points is a better option for your use.

Greg

Has anyone been through the Timeshare Tour, or "Owners Update" at the Desert Club recently??? what kind of incentives are they offering?
here's my situation... own 4 weeks at the Desert Club and half owner on another unit with a Business partner, have decided to convert all units over to the HIVC points, but have yet not pulled the trigger! have till 6/30/12 to get in on the introductory offer.
He and I will be at the resort for the annual meeting on the 23rd. do I wait and do the transfer in person and see what I can get out of them for doing the tour, or do I preserve my sanity and my vacation time and just do the transfer over the phone and internet??? my instinct tells me to do it in person. so if I have any concerns about what is the truth I can press for the answer befor pulling the trigger, My other side tells me that enduring a 2 hour sales pitch isn't a good use of my time in Vegas. yet I know I have the advantage as I already own more than I need and there is no way in Hell a TS salesperson will sell me anything other than doing the transfer paperwork.
What to do? so... are they offering anything good??? RT

zxcvb531

Reaction score
I just came from HIV promotion for summerbay owners

You can contact me and tell you all about it if you need to know.
There are some added uses and benefits to HIVC points.
They are becoming a Mini-System.
You can use your points in RCI, you can also use them at the Hotels that are part of the Holiday Inn Group.
Their annual fees are fair, they do however have a couple of quirks.

You pay $39 for every reservation to one of their resorts.
It is a final booking unless you spend another $35 for the cancellation insurance.
You also pay $109 per year to be a Club Member over and above your annual fees.
Another benefit is that You can transfer points to their Hotel side ( 5 hivc gets 4 hotel points plus a transfer fee based upon the # of points transfered) and reserve any of their branded hotels, The IHG group has Hotel Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge and Candlewood suites, plus all the Holiday Inn products.

I wouldn't spend much to convert unless you want to use their other resorts, or figure that RCI points is a better option for your use.

Greg